Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace

Addick

Jan 20, 2008
Out of interst do you think Palace dislike us more that BHAFC? Our meeting at the Valley in a few weeks has been moved to the Friday on Police advice. This is our first meeting at the Valley since we relegated them from the Pem on the last day of the 05-06 season.
ps for what it worth I go to withdean quite a lot when fixtures allow and I think that Wilkins need to be given time and those amongst you that criticise Knight must remember one simple fact. If it was not for him and the Board you would not have a club to support.
When we lost the Valley the Board made a number of decisions that were both unpopular and at the time seen as wrong, amongst these was the selling of Robert Lee to Newcastle solely to use the money raised to build a stand but we grinned and bared it. Be patient the future could be really positive

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Palace SHOULD dislike you for the fantastic service you did to football by sending them down, but I think it is ingrained in caravan school to hate us more, even though we have played them so infrequently over the last 15 years.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Out of interst do you think Palace dislike us more that BHAFC? Our meeting at the Valley in a few weeks has been moved to the Friday on Police advice. This is our first meeting at the Valley since we relegated them from the Pem on the last day of the 05-06 season.
ps for what it worth I go to withdean quite a lot when fixtures allow and I think that Wilkins need to be given time and those amongst you that criticise Knight must remember one simple fact. If it was not for him and the Board you would not have a club to support.
When we lost the Valley the Board made a number of decisions that were both unpopular and at the time seen as wrong, amongst these was the selling of Robert Lee to Newcastle solely to use the money raised to build a stand but we grinned and bared it. Be patient the future could be really positive
You're welcome to the pikeys if you require a new rival???

They may dis-like you because you are forcing them to dis-like you,fact is its us and then millwall and then you:D,but many palarse and many brighton but not many hate other clubs more.Its only the fact we hardly ever play them these days is a major factor???

you are a rival and we are an arch rival,thats a diffrence:whisky:

good luck this season......

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Why move it to a friday?? If the police were worried about trouble swurely a saturday midday or early sunday kick off would have been better?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick

Thanks for your kind thoughts.
I know quite a few Charlton and P*l$ce fans and it seems that the older scum fans hate us more than you. The younger scum fans seem to hate Charlton and Millwall more than us.
Charlton fans i know hate Palace presumably, and I'm sure you'll correct me if I am wrong, because you had to share the cess pit for a few years.
Thinking about it I've seen Charlton play home matches on 3 grounds - the old Valley, Selhurst and Upton Park which is the same as I have seen Brighton playing.

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
the fact that some sad excuse of a homo sapien has made a whole section on their shitty fan site about their hatred of us, indicates.... i believe that palace hate us far more than anyone else. and right back at them!

if your interested in reading a palace fans thoughts on the rivalry look here: http://www.palace-echo.net/bha1.shtml

wankers.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
i think charlton are just desperate for someone to hate them ???

Couple of Palace fans I speak to see Millwall or Charlton as the ones they hate.

It seems this is the way they are brought up now.

Was talking to a Palace fan at a Worthing match in Croydon, & he was saying how all the kids seem to be brought up hating Milwall & Charlton, but the majority feel that it should be us who should be hated most.

Clears things up a bit.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
i think charlton are just desperate for someone to hate them ???

Spot on - we hate Brighton, Charlton are an irrelevance. Millwall have West Ham, we have you, Charlton have no-one.

There's only one result I look for first, and it isn't the clowns.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Charlton are trying to drum up this plastic rivalry and no doubt the press do jump on board. I've met a few young palarse lads that hate charlton + us. Our rivalry obviously goes back further so will always mean more when it comes down to it.
Bit like us and Pompey , many of our fans hate them more , some fans just really dislike them.....but when it comes down to the nitty gritty then Palarse are the ones we want to suffer

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Get real. There is only one rival and its not with the Clowns. You're not regarded as a rival amongst Palace fans and you do not have a rival to get excited about maybe Norwich!!, we hate Millwall more than you and even Wimbledon when they were about. I feel quite sorry for you coming on a Brighton boadrd asking such a pathetic question. Goodbye.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I can't help feeling that Palace would hate the clowns more than anyone if clown fans didn't try so hard to be hated. Charlton have had the best crowds and have been the best team south of the river for about ten years now. Whatsmore, Charlton relegated Palace not so long ago.

And lets face it, why on earth would any "new" Palace fan have any reason to hate us. We've played them, what, FOUR times in the past fifteen seasons? And one of those we obligingly rolled over and let them slaughter us. We're not even local to them. I'd have to chuckle at any Palace fan under the age of 30 who said they hated Brighton. Why?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Personally I don't see why Charlton are so dismissed. They've got a massive history, and get decent crowds at a decent ground. Much as it pains me to say it as a Brighton fan - they are surely the obvious choice for a CPFC rivalry these days, and for many seasons prior to now. If the battle for promotion comes down to a duel between these two either grabbing a last playoff slot or meeting in the playoffs then it will surely cement that rivalry in the same way that us following each other around the divisions in the 70s etc. cemented our rivalry with CPFC.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
What about that twat Watford O....he was desperate for Borient to have a rival and everyone laughed at him.

Charlton don't really strike me as a club to have rivals...they're too nice and fluffy :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here