Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace v Brighton Memories

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
With this game coming up fast, I thought it would be good to reminisce about epic encounters in days gone by.

Post your stories here:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
The Wookiee said:
With this game coming up fast, I thought it would be good to reminisce about epic encounters in days gone by.

Post your stories here:
26-10-02 the rest is History!! 5 - 0

Last edited:

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The last time we beat the twats 3-1, Boxing day at the Goldstone 1988 I think. Going 3-0 up and going totally loon! God we are overdue a result!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
f***ing c unt KELVIN MORTON.

4 f***ing PALACE PENALTIES Easter Monday.

Still at least Bright and Wright missed. And they could only score one. And Keelo saved the other.

Last edited:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

Still at least Bright and Wright missed. And they could only score one. And Keelo saved the other.
Great game and good result. How wide did he want the goal.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:

I thought it was 5 penalties ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The Wookiee said:
I thought it was 5 penalties ?

Yes we got the other & scored. We showed those Palace knobheads how to take pens.

5 penalties in total. 4 to the Palace. 1 to us.

Last edited:

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
4 to Palace, 1 to us. Alan Curbishley scored.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Croydonbloke said:
Great game and good result. How wide did he want the goal.

To be fair, Ian Wright's volley was a quality goal, if I remember it was like Van Bastens Euro '88 goal, but from the left.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
To be fair I have only been to the Goldstone once back in 85 and can`t recall much about the game other than we lost. My only memories are the 5-0 win and our win back in the Penalty game I went tomour victory at Selhurst in 1979 but too young to remeber it today. Had Brighton not gone into the lower regions of football I may of had many more memories.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Playing in the juniors game in the morning before that game of 5 penalties and losing 2-1 I think then being taken on a tour of SMELLHURST and thinking it was ever so slightly dark.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
5-0 STUFFING LAST TIME AT SELHURST - ALL THE BUILD UP THE EXPECTATION AND A 5-0 THUMPING - AND THE PALACE FANS NOT REALLY GIVING A STUFF- RIVALRY...PAH MAYBE FROM SOME ON OUR SIDE BUT THEY DIDN'T SEEM TO GIVE A STUFF.

silky1

Aug 2, 2004
Macclesfield
Goring Gull said:
5-0 STUFFING LAST TIME AT SELHURST - ALL THE BUILD UP THE EXPECTATION AND A 5-0 THUMPING - AND THE PALACE FANS NOT REALLY GIVING A STUFF- RIVALRY...PAH MAYBE FROM SOME ON OUR SIDE BUT THEY DIDN'T SEEM TO GIVE A STUFF.

My memories exactly. Getting to Selhurst and feeling rather underwhelmed by the atmosphere after the big hyped build up. Never been to an Albion v Palace game before, and not bothering this time due to mid-week, distance to travel etc.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Goring Gull said:

Thats coz they believed their rivals were Wimbledon or Millwall or some other shit.

The old timers like CB know its Brighton

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
The old timers exactly a forgotten era, no self respecting palace chav would be intrested in Brighton now, it's all Charlton and Millwall, understandable really as Croydon is as good as London anyway.

Smacks of us desperatley trying to stoke up a rivalry that has long since had it's day.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The "Alan Mullery" Cup replay at Stamford Bridge. Magical night with so much away support. The scum cheated that night, as always.:censored:

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
3gulls said:
The "Alam Mullery" cup replay at Stamford Bridge. Magical night with so much away support. The scum cheated that night, as always.:censored:

Ron Challis (of the Palace) was the referee :angry: :angry: :angry:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
One of the best moments for me was Danny Wilsons goal at Selhurst ...think we won 2-0..not sure what year

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here