Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace still not sound financially! Despite Murray hype.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Palace Scout at work.

bxp211807.jpg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gus didn`t think he was good enough for the championship, Glenn also new he would no longer be 1st choice after summer signings .

Is a there a quote somewhere by Gus on this? So far this close season Murray would very definitely still be 1st choice. Is the not being 1st choice a fact or an NSC urban myth to make it sound like we don't give a shit? (I do btw)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I just went out for dinner with 2 palace fans. One (whom I've know for 35 years) has been a season ticket holder for 22 years, is friends with one of the directors and assures me that not 1 player (inc Murray) is on more than 8k a week. Makes you wonder what we offered him.

I find this kind of thing more believable than most of the figures bandied about. I also heard (sounded reliable) that Palace were actually after Hoskins and turned to Murray when they know Hoskins was coming to us. Make of that what you will.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
A Palace link on NSC before confirmed that Ambrose and Spironi on £11k and £9k per week (can't remember which way round).
How confirned, in-disputable, or a rumour with some strength (have you got a link)? I can't guarantee my mate was right, but I would say I know him well enough to know he believes what he said, and he does need know a director. He said Palace were not paying in a position to buy any new players as they're skint (I wouldn't be surprised if they did end up buying the odd one).

Did Blackpool really keep wages at 10k a week and below when they were in the prem? It does make you wonder about some of the wages we hear for lower league players.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I imagine there's various ways to cap wages at 8k and pay a player more - image rights, appearance/results bonuses, etc. Perhaps, for example, Palace pay Spironi 7k per week wages, plus 1k image rights, plus 1k appearance fee. Who you ask and what they want getting out will dictate whether you're told it's 7k or 9.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, good point. I also wouldn't blame a director for lying about their wages structure, as an attempt to keep wages down, but I'd only expect them to do that if they weren't making larger figures public.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here