Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace still not sound financially! Despite Murray hype.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I imagine they were fine. Then they blew all of their savings gained from an agressive caravan sales strategy on Glenn's wages. Now they are short on cash again.

True, and Murray would have got a signing-on fee well into 6 figures, knowing they weren't paying out a transfer fee. He didn't come cheap.

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
I just went out for dinner with 2 palace fans. One (whom I've know for 35 years) has been a season ticket holder for 22 years, is friends with one of the directors and assures me that not 1 player (inc Murray) is on more than 8k a week. Makes you wonder what we offered him.

A Palace link on NSC before confirmed that Ambrose and Spironi on £11k and £9k per week (can't remember which way round). Murray would have got at least £8k I think, with the hefty siging-on fee too. Big blow to their budget, hence the Sky Sports News article that must now sell to buy.

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
Wasn't there a thread on here about about Freedman being a liar?funny how you believe him when it suits your inflated opinions of yourselves.Read other boards it's not just palace that say you are above yourselves.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wasn't there a thread on here about about Freedman being a liar?

In relation to Murray he was! I thought at the time when he said he had no interest in Murray he handled it very well, didn't know things were taking place behind the scenes though, so this could be another ruse on his behalf.

Do you think you will hold onto Ambrose?

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
In relation to Murray he was! I thought at the time when he said he had no interest in Murray he handled it very well, didn't know things were taking place behind the scenes though, so this could be another ruse on his behalf.

Do you think you will hold onto Ambrose?
Depends who wants him and how much they are willing to pay butI don't think he looked happy last season.As for Freedman can he be expected to shout it from the rooftops every time he wants a player? Danns will definitely go as he is a Premiership player and maybe Clyne.Freedman would rather keep Gardner than any of them from what I hear.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
So we praise Poyet when he's clever about what he says around signing players but when Freedman does it he is a liar

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I've heard they've new turned their attention to Bruce Forsyth.

Good game, good game etc.

ForsythREX_228x433.jpg

Press conferance tomorrow to announce new Signing:rave:

cyanide-sid

May 20, 2010
Worthing
I just went out for dinner with 2 palace fans. One (whom I've know for 35 years) has been a season ticket holder for 22 years, is friends with one of the directors and assures me that not 1 player (inc Murray) is on more than 8k a week. Makes you wonder what we offered him.

6k a week we offered him which was about twice his existing deal.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Has there been one of those text book new signing photos of Murray wearing/holding a Palace shirt or holding a Palace scarf aloft yet?

I've seen the Bennett Norwich one, but not Glenn

That's because he hasn't actually signed for them yet !!! He's agreed terms but is not available on a Bosman until his contract with the Albion ends on 30th June.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
So we praise Poyet when he's clever about what he says around signing players but when Freedman does it he is a liar
I can't remember an instance where Poyet has denied wanting a player and then signed him though. I can see why Freedman did it though.

As for Palace being skint, it is quite refreshing to me that they are finally trying to live within their means, they should be applauded for the policy change.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

Gus didn`t think he was good enough for the championship, Glenn also new he would no longer be 1st choice after summer signings .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Find me an example of Gus outright lying about our intentions regarding a possible signing.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Threads about Palace not signing some SPL no mark?

smh

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
So you're completely skint, but can still afford to sign Murray and offer a contract to Earnshaw, while telling the press that there's a big budget to spend?

That Freedman talks out of his arse. Even his own fans won't believe a single word he says.

How is your stannah stairlift ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here