Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
Be interesting to see how his international prospects pan out playing for a team who will most likely be in relegation scrap especially as its not like Spain are short of good midfielders is it.

Didn't hurt rodrigo who went to bolton the year they were relegated (?)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Unfortunately for you everyone else in the Prem has more money as well. Cardiff and Hull are much better prepared, and much better sides than you. You've lost Zahaha & Murray - Williams is injury prone and mentally weak and the rest are Championship at best.

I note that Campanal missed the majority of last season with a fractured foot. One stamp and he's gone as well.

I am afraid you will be a laughing stock on the field and , as always, on the terraces this coming season. Enjoy.

Of course you're going to say this, (even if you don't really believe it) All part of your proganganda! Just makes it more funny if we prove you wrong, just like last season, so keep going Maj old boy!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
You couldn't be more wrong. Most of us are now quietly confident we can stay up if we get 2 or 3 more decent signings.

Having lost Zaha, and with Murray crocked, it would not be unfair or biased to suggest you have one of the weakest looking squads in the history of the Championship. Oh and you spunking £8m on pretty much a non-league player is ball-bouncingly funny. Keep it up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just makes it more funny if we prove you wrong, just like last season, so keep going Maj old boy!

What about all the seasons you were shithouse and DIDN'T prove us wrong?

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good player, of course only joined for the money and playing in the Premier League.

When Palace go down, if he has played well then it could angle him a move to a better club - short term it's good for the player and Palace.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
He's signed for the cash and the next move. Enjoy him while he lasts. I can't imagine a better manager than Ian Holloway to get the best from him, he will learn so much.

Chucky20

Jan 25, 2011
Woodingdean
Who cares? We have an England Under 19 International in JFC. We all know english players are worth BILLIONS! :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
And players like Speroni, Gabbidon, Delaney, Jedinak, Thomas, Phillips and Dobbie don't have maturity and experiance?

It will all come down to aptitude , will Speroni be able to keep his nerve ? Will Jedinak be able to play without flailing his arms and elbows about ? Will Delaney and Gabbidon be able to make clean tackles ? Will Phillips play more than 15 minutes at Premier League pace ? Will Dobbie be discarded after a handful of games ?

Of course you're going to say this, (even if you don't really believe it) All part of your proganganda! Just makes it more funny if we prove you wrong, just like last season, so keep going Maj old boy!

With your present squad and ours I would still tip ours to finish above you (again) in whichever league we played in. You really need to splash that cash on some serious players if you don't want to be relegated before the new year. Who do you consider in the Prem to have an inferior squad than you?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Most expect Campana to play next to Jedinak. Campana apparently is a player who can get stuck in but is also an excellent passer so a real upgrade on KG.

If the intention is genuinnely to play Jedinak, as first choice, then you have a very, very tough season ahead of you.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Most expect Campana to play next to Jedinak. Campana apparently is a player who can get stuck in but is also an excellent passer so a real upgrade on KG.

You think he'll be more effective there than KG? He's a 20 year old, fairly lightweight Spaniard who isn't used to English football (pace & physicality). As reported in Sky Sports News: "We want him to do well at Palace as he is one of our youth products but it's true he wasn't going to get much football here." - Sevilla's comments on him.

It's a lot of pressure on him to be solid defensively if he is played in that position isn't it? Certainly I personally believe that the premiership battle is won/lost in that area, and I was impressed at how your two CDMs played in the playoffs, certainly not a partnership that I would lightly break up...

It'll be interesting to see how he and Williams get on in the Premiership next season - particularly when you think of players like Lallana, who I thought was fantastic in the Championship, making the step up but not really doing anything more than that..

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
If the intention is genuinnely to play Jedinak, as first choice, then you have a very, very tough season ahead of you.

You really have limited knowledge of us if you believe this Hans. He was voted our POTY despite us having a player who went to MU for £10-15 million and a striker who scored 31 goals in a season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You really have limited knowledge of us if you believe this Hans. He was voted our POTY despite us having a player who went to MU for £10-15 million and a striker who scored 31 goals in a season.

Andrew Whing won our player of the year and he was absolutely shit. Player of the year is the most popular player, not the best, and fans love a try-hard. I've seen quite enough of Jedinak to know he is going to struggle big time. He'll then try to compensate for his deficiencies by getting even more physical, which will see him miss 1 in 4 of your matches suspended anyway.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
With your present squad and ours I would still tip ours to finish above you (again) in whichever league we played in. You really need to splash that cash on some serious players if you don't want to be relegated before the new year. Who do you consider in the Prem to have an inferior squad than you?

Your first comment is hilarious. You've lost Bridge, Lopez, Vicente, Hammond and only brought in a left back from MK Dons. Without serious quality signings you be nowhere near the top 6 next year IMO. You're losing money as shown by your last 2 year reports and with FFP coming in, i highly doubt your be spending big.

We on the other hand have made some decent signings already but i agree, we need more as Zaha and Murray are big loses. The money is there though, we bid £5 million last week for Jon Jo Shelvey so i fully expect more players in. We will be competing to stay up in a mini league against teams like Hull, Cardiff, Villa (especially if they lose Benteke) Stoke and Sunderland. It'll be tough but nowhere near as hard as you make out.

Last edited:

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Andrew Whing won our player of the year and he was absolutely shit. Player of the year is the most popular player, not the best, and fans love a try-hard. I've seen quite enough of Jedinak to know he is going to struggle big time. He'll then try to compensate for his deficiencies by getting even more physical, which will see him miss 1 in 4 of your matches suspended anyway.

Yes Hans, of course, we are going to pick a "shit but tries hard player" over a quality striker who also tries hard and bangs in 30 league goals in 46 games...

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Can somebody remind me why I should give a monkey's ?

Oct 25, 2003
can't we just have one palace thread? that way the rest of us don't have to read the major and that bloke from grimsby ******* over attendance figures, or the palace fans calling us all 'plastics' or 'bum boys' every time one of us signs a player

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here