Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace sign Spain U20's Captain

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sorry, I missed this earlier, lets think...Well, we have the same budget as they did when they came up (as confirmed by Parish), same fanbase size, similar training facilities, same formation as they used, 4-3-3...oh, but our manager has more Premier League experience than Brendan Rodgers had :cheers:

You've missed the most obvious point , Swansea went up with a better squad to start life in the Premier League and the 4-3-3 was based on accurate passing and not a kick and rush style.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Interesting, I'm sure Mr Parish may well be correct about the budget, the fanbase and training facilities are probably open to debate (I don't care to research it so will take your word for it, you are trustworthy aren't you..? not open to exaggeration or telling lies?).

I wouldn't say your formation is particularly relevant though, seeing as Swansea play in a completely different style to Palace!

Lets hope Holloway has learnt something from his previous outing in the top flight... or you're stuffed.

Ollie was very close to keeping Blackpool up, 25 mins away in fact. Please elaborate...

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
You've missed the most obvious point , Swansea went up with a better squad to start life in the Premier League and the 4-3-3 was based on accurate passing and not a kick and rush style.

We don't play kick and rush though. Just because we don't spend 70% of our time with the ball passing it between our back 4 and keeper like you do, doesn't make us long ball.

Why is any body humouring this arse wipe?

He's only here to troll and see how long it takes him to get banned so he can go and brag about it. Ignore the pikey.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Ollie was very close to keeping Blackpool up, 25 mins away in fact. Please elaborate...

Happy to.

He spent that entire season playing gung-ho football, and his side defended very poorly. Do you honestly think that the current Premier League sides will not have noticed that and be expecting the same from his Palace side? Expect them not to play too openly against you.

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
It is simple he managed a team that did not win enough points to stay up.
Understand now.

But he came very close too. Your fellow poster said we will be stuffed, that's hardly what happened in his year in the Prem last time. All he needs this time is a bit more luck or to have learnt from his past small mistakes and he can go one better and keep us up. I know its a nightmare scenario for you but it could easily happen :kiss:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Face it, your fans are the most arrogant and deluded set of supporters out there and in a country that has Leeds, Tottenham and Chelsea fans, that takes some doing. You were all so happy to discuss our team (obsessively) when we were doing badly, just a quick typing of Palace into the search engine proves this. Yet now we have left you behind, it suddenly stops and you don't want to know when our fans come on here. If you're willing to dish it out, be able to take it back :whistle:

Not much point in banging on and trying to demean your achievement is there so why would we continue to obsess? It was fun winding you up between St Patrick's day and the 2nd leg of the playoff final but it's over for a while now. Sorry to disappoint you but we are happy for your fans to come on here, you have enjoyed ribbing us about the result fair play but don't go all precious when we say we hope and expect you to fail miserably next season. You are welcome to come back and gloat how well you are doing, if you do, but chances are you'll slink off after the 1st 0-5 at home.

I love how you keep calling us arrogant when your behaviour on here is arrogance in the extreme :shrug:

The Rock says...

Jul 19, 2013
Happy to.

He spent that entire season playing gung-ho football, and his side defended very poorly. Do you honestly think that the current Premier League sides will not have noticed that and be expecting the same from his Palace side? Expect them not to play too openly against you.

He's proved he can change tactics in the past and evolve them to have success. At Leicester he didn't play Gung Ho football, in fact he played the opposite. They had the best defensive record but went down as they lacked goals. He is a fantastic motivator and has excellent contacts in the game, if he can tweak his tactics and get a fine middle ground then we could prove a lot of people wrong.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
But he came very close too. Your fellow poster said we will be stuffed, that's hardly what happened with his year in the Prem last time. All he needs this time is a bit more luck or to have learnt from his past small mistakes and he can go one better and keep us up. I know its a nightmare scenario for you but it could easily happen :kiss:

He had a better team at Blackpool than you have at Palace, so I can't see it happening, your are and will remain the weakest squad in the division.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
I don't know what the procedure is for getting them banned, but it seems to be awash them on here. Anybody know? I love abusing them on here but they are becoming a bit of a pain.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
We don't play kick and rush though. Just because we don't spend 70% of our time with the ball passing it between our back 4 and keeper like you do, doesn't make us long ball.

70% ? Well get used to it because when opposition clubs in the bottom 6 go a goal up they will shut up shop and do exactly the same to win the 3 points. There will be a few clubs at the bottom end of the table happy to win by a single goal instead of going for a 3 or 4 goal margin.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
He's proved he can change tactics in the past and evolve them to have success. At Leicester he didn't play Gung Ho football, in fact he played the opposite. They had the best defensive record but went down as they lacked goals. He is a fantastic motivator and has excellent contacts in the game, if he can tweak his tactics and get a fine middle ground then we could prove a lot of people wrong.

And there is the beauty of football, you could stay up. I don't know, you don't know, we can only make educated guesses. I personally reckon Palace will struggle, and before you ask I have not a clue how the Albion will do because I haven't seen them play under the new "Head Coach".

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Well that's very much open to debate, of course you're gonna pick Blackpools team but I bet most neutrals would find it hard.

I would imagine that most neutrals would find it very difficult to give any kind of view on your team, as they'd only be able to name two players, one of whom has gone to United, and the other is a 40 year old striker capable of playing no more than 20 minutes.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
But he came very close too. Your fellow poster said we will be stuffed, that's hardly what happened in his year in the Prem last time. All he needs this time is a bit more luck or to have learnt from his past small mistakes and he can go one better and keep us up. I know its a nightmare scenario for you but it could easily happen :kiss:

In the same way we were the with of the bar away from bearing you in the playoffs.

You can't have it both ways petal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here