Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace scrap stadium plans

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
Don't be silly, you put most out of business when you went into administration last time. No one will trust you lot ever again.

Nobody will trust Simon Jordan again. CPFC2010 are completely different - we haven't struggled at all to find companies to work with so far :thumbsup: Unless of course we're planning to screw Sainsburys over and they're blissfully ignorant?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
On a separate note, is this what the whole summer is going to be like? Palace infecting NSC like the plague trying to persuade us that everything we know about them is wrong, missing the point that we don't give a shit what they think? Why are they all so eager to 'teach' us about their joke of a club? I don't remember anyone asking, just pointing and laughing at the gift that keeps on giving. It's f***ing boring. If only there was a Palace version of NSC where Palace could talk about Palace...

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
That would be because the supply is smaller, many having been burnt down recently.

Considering a lot of people lost their homes and everything they have worked for, I don't really find the riots that funny. You lot seem to find it hilarious, but get a bit touchy when someone brings up the alleged... err... "misbehavior" of Lewis Dunk and chums.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're a club on the up with these guys in charge, even though you might like to think we're sinking down to where you've been for most of my lifetime :)

Sorry, we've never been shithouse and smalltime enough to have EIGHT fans turn up to meet players and the owners.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Considering a lot of people lost their homes and everything they have worked for, I don't really find the riots that funny.
Did they? How's that, did they own a house and not insure it (as per the conditions of their mortgage policy)?

You lot seem to find it hilarious, but get a bit touchy when someone brings up the alleged... err... "misbehavior" of Lewis Dunk and chums.
I'm not touchy about that, but the forum has taken the sensible approach of letting people talk about the facts, not rumours.

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
The 'plans' for the new stadium never lokoed serious. They looked like they'd been knocked up quickly and without and serious intent.

It was just put out as a reaction to the Olympic Stadium plans, to appease the fans and to delay any real action in my opinion.

This. Cpfc2010 even said it. As part of Spurs plans they were going to re-build the Track up at CPP. Cpfc2010 wanted to stop this.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Very good :thumbsup:

In all seriousness, it was very good. Alan Davies was fantastic, Jo Brand was... her usual self, Sean Locke was good, and a couple of local guys who I'd seen on BBC a few times. A very enjoyable evening apart from the Magners being 7 POUNDS per pint.

Nice to see the price of Magners being sold at a price only Zaha could afford :lol:

Red'n'Blue

Jan 6, 2011
I imagine some redevelopment of Selhurst is essential. I cannot understand how the Arthur Wait stand can be issued with a safety certificate. That stand is a disaster waiting to happen.

Main Stand is the worst. Arthur Wait is sinking, basement of the holmesdale is flooded and parts of the holmesdale have no electricity (its our newest stand).

GazzaLDN

May 15, 2012
They may as well just wait for the next round of riots.

Brilliant, will save a fortune in paying demolition contractors, AND they would probably attempt to claim on the fire cover in the insurance.

However as the damage would be classified as being caused by 'Riot' I doubt if any normal insurance policy would cover it...........

Can you make an insurance claim for several thousand pounds of improvements?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Main Stand is the worst. Arthur Wait is sinking, basement of the holmesdale is flooded and parts of the holmesdale have no electricity (its our newest stand).

Do you have confidence that your owners are genuine? I know Mr. Murray does but he shows levels of conviction and dedication to the cause that most North Korean dictators can only wish for in their followers.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I seem to recall reading that they can relatively easily rotate, if they get hold of one of the car parks (behind the main stand?)and buy (and knock down) a few houses.

I think it would be good to see a football stadium in an historic and residential area being rebuilt. There is something about walking through back streets after a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here