Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace match leaving arrangements

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I have just constructed an e-mail as this situation has really hit a nerve, ridiculous!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Dear Brighton & Hove Albion

I am one of your best customers, who pays much more than anyone else at your arena.

Yesterday, whilst at your sporting event watching the team win 4-1, I was overcome by shock and immensely distressed. To be honest, I cannot believe that you treat your bestest customer's this way, the issue's being:

1. I have to turn a different way when leaving the stadium.
2. I wont be the first on the bus ride home.

Now, I would understand if the minions who pay regular prices had to change their plans for 1 match - but not me!! This wont be the end of this!!

Finally, I am yet to receive any response to my previous letter, regarding the earlier kick off time against Crystal Palace!! I trust that you will provide a baby changing room and facilities to warm bottled milk, as this will clash with my regular feeding time.

Many thanks

Bennibenj

ps - this is me when I turned the wrong way before - wasnt happy!!
as_069_adultbaby.jpg

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I have already posted this on Ask The Club, but feel so strongly that I hope others will follow suit and complain.
I have a ST in WSL. I have one of the most expensive standard tickets in the stadium. I leave with my wife and son the moment the whistle blows and we exit left from the West Stand to run along the back past the South West corner along the side of the bank under the coach park then into the Mill Road Park & Ride filter. Now for the Palace match, with no explanation, we have to make our way all the way round the stadium to return virtually where we started except we will miss all the buses, be last in the queue, forced to walk past the Palace fanss who, of course, will be on their best behaviour, and get back to the Mill Rd P + R significantly later than usual. Why are your best customers (as we are now known) being given the worst treatment. Frankly it's not good enough and must not set a precedent.

Did you choose to buy your expensive season tickets because of the excellent view or because you can get to the bus before anybody else ??

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
Turn Right.

(according to a poster in the pisser in the WSU).

Those posters in the bogs made me laugh - something along the lines of ''turn right, unless you have mobility issues which prevent you from doing so . .'' Can some people really only turn left? Do they just walk around in circles?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Those posters in the bogs made me laugh - something along the lines of ''turn right, unless you have mobility issues which prevent you from doing so . .'' Can some people really only turn left? Do they just walk around in circles?

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I think that its a Sunday midday kick-off is more of an inconvenience than getting home slightly later.

But its only for one game, sure i can deal with it!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I have already posted this on Ask The Club, but feel so strongly that I hope others will follow suit and complain.
I have a ST in WSL. I have one of the most expensive standard tickets in the stadium. I leave with my wife and son the moment the whistle blows and we exit left from the West Stand to run along the back past the South West corner along the side of the bank under the coach park then into the Mill Road Park & Ride filter. Now for the Palace match, with no explanation, we have to make our way all the way round the stadium to return virtually where we started except we will miss all the buses, be last in the queue, forced to walk past the Palace fanss who, of course, will be on their best behaviour, and get back to the Mill Rd P + R significantly later than usual. Why are your best customers (as we are now known) being given the worst treatment. Frankly it's not good enough and must not set a precedent.

The Police and all the Stewards will have a more difficult job than you arriving home safely that day.

Can't you help in some small way for one game to assist them in this?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Wow, what an excellent wind up!

I can't believe that so many posters have fallen for such a spoof!

How can they believe that you're so far up your own arsehole that you'd seriously post this complaint?

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath

I can see your point but I am not affected directly as I am a bit of a pleb and sit in the upper east. I will be able to turn left to move down towards the station. I understand that you and the other very important rich people will be coming the other way. Now, I am not sure of the protocol in this situation. As it is you and your sort that will be impeding my usual route can I abandon normal procedure and not prostate myself upon your approach. Perhaps just a doffing of my cap will suffice in this extraordinary and frankly outrageous circumstance.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Surely the Palace lot, on seeing that the OP is a SUPERFAN as he pays more than the rest of us dregs, will part like Katie Price's legs when stuck in a lift with a boy band, and let him through to be first home?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I've got a cunning plan for the O/P.

Why not leave your seat ten minutes early, then you can walk the long way around the stadium and still beat the poorer people to the bus stop?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This is either a wind-up fishing attempt, or the worst bit of pathetic whinging I have ever seen on here.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The away fans will also be turning right so do you really want to walk in a contra direction through all that lot?

Absolutely.

If you turned left you'd have loads of shoulder-barging Palace fans heading towards you as they leave for the rail station.

I reckon the Police have it right for this match.

I haven't read the whole thread, but surely you can see that the alternative (ie. everyone leaving turning left would mean that the Palace fans would be all shepherded along the back of the FAMILY stand.

Cue a lot of very unhappy parents writing in to complain or even not coming to the match at all.

It's one game. It's at lunchtime on a Sunday not a Tuesday night, so being a bit later home isn't really the end of the world is it...

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I haven't paid much attention to the policing for the palace game but from reading this thread am I right in thinking it will be a lot easier for me to get a bus when I leave my seat in the East as everyone in the West has to walk round the whole stadium? Result!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here