Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
We could sign a whole team at £10m a pop and we'd still have more left over than you seem to loose each year :)

I think we're doing alright.

We lost £8 million in one year, which of we logically look at it ( I know that must be difficult being a palace fan) the same loses in the same year we changed stadium. I wonder how we lost it, maybe?

We have just taken a 15 Year old from Southend for £30k. Nothing they could do about it. EPPP is very wrong.

That is pretty wrong, especially when the big clubs can swoop for decent products from the likes of your academy and Southampton's. Surely the big clubs should concentrate on their own development...but that's too much hassle. Money solves that issue quick :(

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
Nice turn of phrase you have. You are just on this board to come out with comments like " you were absolute toilet" and to keep getting snide digs in, then you go to bed happy eh, how sad.

Eh? You were absolute toilet?! That's not controversial is it? I know we all like to defend our teams no matter what but come on.

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony says new Crystal Palace signing Dwight Gayle will break into the England squad.
MacAnthony sold Gayle to Palace this week.
"He could probably make Palace 20million in the next 24 months," he told talkSPORT.
"He is international quality for me. The kid is 22. He could be anything. His technical ability is unbelievable.
"I have never seen a striker hit the target [as much as him]. He has something like a 72 per cent on target ratio, which is unbelievable for a striker.
"He is the real deal. I am now a Crystal Palace fan for the next three years. I hope they go out and buy more players and do really well because, if they feed this boy, he will go out and score 20 league goals a season.
"People are saying we have had Palace's pants down, but they have got an unbelievable acquisition that can only be worth millions more to them. If he keeps them in the Premier League, they will be laughing all the way to the bank.
"I expect him to play for England. If Roy Hodgson sees this boy, and he does the job I think he is going to do, I would hope he is in the World Cup squad next year."

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Peterborough United chairman Darragh MacAnthony says new Crystal Palace signing Dwight Gayle will break into the England squad.
"He could probably make Palace 20million in the next 24 months," he told talkSPORT.
"He is international quality for me. The kid is 22. He could be anything. His technical ability is unbelievable.
"I have never seen a striker hit the target [as much as him]. He has something like a 72 per cent on target ratio, which is unbelievable for a striker.
"He is the real deal. I am now a Crystal Palace fan for the next three years. I hope they go out and buy more players and do really well because, if they feed this boy, he will go out and score 20 league goals a season.
"People are saying we have had Palace's pants down, but they have got an unbelievable acquisition that can only be worth millions more to them. If he keeps them in the Premier League, they will be laughing all the way to the bank.
"I expect him to play for England. If Roy Hodgson sees this boy, and he does the job I think he is going to do, I would hope he is in the World Cup squad next year."

Sounds an unbelievable player.

So come he was totally annonomous against us?

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

That to me says you payed a lot for him.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
That is pretty wrong, especially when the big clubs can swoop for decent products from the likes of your academy and Southampton's. Surely the big clubs should concentrate on their own development...but that's too much hassle. Money solves that issue quick :(

Your club voted in favour.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Sounds an unbelievable player.

So come he was totally annonomous against us?

What I've been trying to work out and it still baffles me is, if this player is so good and is going to be worth £20 million in a couple of years time and will play for England then why haven't the big clubs come in for him. I've never heard of the player before and still don't know who he is.

If he's so good then you always get to hear about big clubs are looking at A B or C from a lower league team but nothing on this fella. Can someone please explain why no other top club have made an approach for this now Palace super star and who are the other 11 teams that Boro and Palace keep talking about, Is it just a gimmick to fool people.

eagleseatseagulls

Sep 5, 2005
SE25
What I've been trying to work out and it still baffles me is, if this player is so good and is going to be worth £20 million in a couple of years time and will play for England then why haven't the big clubs come in for him. I've never heard of the player before and still don't know who he is.

If he's so good then you always get to hear about big clubs are looking at A B or C from a lower league team but nothing on this fella. Can someone please explain why no other top club have made an approach for this now Palace super star and who are the other 11 teams that Boro and Palace keep talking about, Is it just a gimmick to fool people.

Newcastle, Villa, Fulham, Hull are some of the twelve clubs who were interested in signing him. According to Barry Fry (amongst others) he's the best finisher he's ever worked with and we all know who you lot signed off them. He's a player who's slipped through the net because Arsenal let him go for being to small which sidetracked his progression. Peterborough saw his raw talent and brought him to the Championship where he thrived last season.

Like it or not we have a real player on our hands in Dwight but then again i wouldn't expect you to acknowledge this with your blinkers on.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Newcastle, Villa, Fulham, Hull are some of the twelve clubs who were interested in signing him. According to Barry Fry (amongst others) he's the best finisher he's ever worked with and we all know who you lot signed off them. He's a player who's slipped through the net because Arsenal let him go for being to small which sidetracked his progression. Peterborough saw his raw talent and brought him to the Championship where he thrived last season.

Like it or not we have a real player on our hands in Dwight but then again i wouldn't expect you to acknowledge this with your blinkers on.

"thrived"..........really, maybe he will be the real deal, but i hardly think he "thrived" in the championship last season.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Just had holloway on talk sport admitting this guy cost 8.5m with all the add ons

Wow When you compare this signing to Leicester signing the 21 year old Chris Woods for £1.5 -2 million who scored 20 goals in the championship and the lightweight 22 year old Gayle who scored 13, Peterborough have really ripped Palace off.
Well done Barry Fry.
I know which player I think is better equipped for life in the Premiership and it is not Gayle.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Wow When you compare this signing to Leicester signing the 21 year old Chris Woods for £1.5 -2 million who scored 20 goals in the championship and the lightweight 22 year old Gayle who scored 13, Peterborough have really ripped Palace off.
Well done Barry Fry.
I know which player I think is better equipped for life in the Premiership and it is not Gayle.

Carlos Tevez - £10m to Juventus, Peterborough must be laughing all the way to the bank!!

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

Whilst he reels off the superlatives Darragh MacAnthony still has a lot to learn from palace about hyping players. Three Gayle goals into the premier league and this quote will look small time by the time Parish and Holloway have got going.

Have Barcelona and Real Madrid been put on red alert?

albionite

May 20, 2009
Well done Barry Fry.

Careful when you make comments like this you will have all the goons on here saying they have signed the next messi, even though they didn't have a clue who gayle was before they signed him.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Careful when you make comments like this you will have all the goons on here saying they have signed the next messi, even though they didn't have a clue who gayle was before they signed him.

Having finally got rid of Winnie we all know that Gayle is the obvious replacement for all their overhyped player nonsense, expect countless threads on his value etc etc just remember that the current Bank of England exchange rate is 4 Croydon pounds to 1 pound sterling so reduce or increase any value quoted by any given Nigel Nomark depending on whether they want him to appear cheaper or as was the case with Winnie, more expensive.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Whilst he reels off the superlatives Darragh MacAnthony still has a lot to learn from palace about hyping players. Three Gayle goals into the premier league and this quote will look small time by the time Parish and Holloway have got going.

Have Barcelona and Real Madrid been put on red alert?

I think Gayle could be their top scorer with 4 goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here