Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace just signed some geezer for six million....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have done a full review of the accounts and there is no creative accounting, apart from the decision not to depreciate the stadium, which REDUCED the losses from £11 million to the sum stated. The losses were also £7 million the previous season.

Isn't it perfectly acceptable not to include any depreciation on the stadium whilst building works are still in progress and such a decision is made at board level ?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
....or continue to drop through the leagues like Leeds, Portsmouth and Sheffield....followed by a record breaking 3rd (third) spell in administration.

On the plus side, there are loads of new grounds (for us anyway) in the third tier, we haven't been there for over 30 years.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The Dobbie fee includes his wages and a promotion clause, and since we wouldn't have been in the playoffs without him is the best money we ever spent. Has given us a return of £120m.

I can understand your desire to inflate the fee for Gayle, and to rubbish his ability, but I can't see the point of doing either. We haven't paid £8.5m for Gayle, even with add ons. We will have paid a lot for him if all the add ons are paid out, but then we'll be an established Prem side with an England striker so I'd be pretty happy! As for his ability, he's highly rated but as with any signing he's a risk. It's one I'm personally delighted with. Really rate him and think he is an exciting player who, if we get relegated, will give us a massive shot to come straight back up.

Yeah whatever.

Psalm 56:5

Banned
May 19, 2013
£850,000. So that figure includes his wages over the next 2 years? His wages over 2 years is £1.4 millon so how the heck is that included in the price.

No, his wages while he was with us on loan from you until July 1st when he "officially" became a Palace player.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
No, his wages while he was with us on loan from you until July 1st when he "officially" became a Palace player.

Incorrect , Palace have reimbursed us by paying all of his wages and bonuses since he was signed by us which includes the loan spell.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
At the end of the day, we got rid of a player that was useless for us, for whatever reason. We hit the jackpot when Palace took him on for that money etc.
I don't believe that Dobbie's input at Palace really helped them get promotion, but if that is what some of their supporters feel, then so be it.
I would say that had he not been ex BHA and Palace had not gone up, then we would not have Palace fans on this board trying to make out that he was the Messiah who slipped through our hands.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Did Dobbie play in the 3-0 defeat to Ipswich, the 4-0 to Brum and the 1-0 to 10 man Blackpool? Didn't he also play in that run of 5-6 games where Palace failed to even score a goal?

He didn't play up until Feb, which was when Palace established themselves as a top 6 team (at least), and he also didn't kick a ball in the 3 successful play off games. So yeah, from that you can conclude that it was solely down to Jobbie that Palace reached and won the playoffs.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Did Dobbie play in the 3-0 defeat to Ipswich, the 4-0 to Brum and the 1-0 to 10 man Blackpool? Didn't he also play in that run of 5-6 games where Palace failed to even score a goal?

He didn't play up until Feb, which was when Palace established themselves as a top 6 team (at least), and he also didn't kick a ball in the 3 successful play off games. So yeah, from that you can conclude that it was solely down to Jobbie that Palace reached and won the playoffs.

This :)

Banned
May 19, 2013

He played in a number of back to back MOM performances that hauled us out of our rut and allowed us to be in the playoffs, so thanks. Genuinely. Without him we wouldn't have been there, and you'd have been playing Liecester.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Yeah righto. The fee was £850,000. Why do you mugs always say you get players on the cheap whereas when you sell them you say you got millions. Don't know why I'm wasting my time coming into this thread as we all know Plalace fans are full of shit.

Banned
May 19, 2013
Yeah righto. The fee was £850,000. Why do you mugs always say you get players on the cheap whereas when you sell them you say you got millions. Don't know why I'm wasting my time coming into this thread as we all know Plalace fans are full of shit.

There's no point getting stroppy. £850,000 was the amount of money given from crystal palace to Brighton. This includes reimbursement of all of Dobbies wages for the period he was with us, and was agreed upon at the same time as the loan (as was the agreement that the loan would become permement).

We effectively bought him, and the "loan" was a contrivance to get round the fact at the time. When he became a Palace player on 1st July we paid you the agreed fee, plus reimbursement of all wages.

I think it was a fair deal for both parties.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Holy cows. Plus his signing on fee and wages for 5 years then you're looking at around £12 million :eek:

Some of the add ons will never be paid out such as Palace staying in the Premier League and the number of goals he scores in the top flight trigger payment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here