Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Groundshare at Gillingham

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What is the NSC that Palace fans keep referring to on the BBS as a possible groundshare?

Is it the athletics stadium? ???

I'm chuckling that some of them are worried Gillingham's capacity (10,000) will be too small. Like they're going to get 10,000 fans travelling to the arse end of Kent for home games :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im not sure why Chalrton is seen as a better option, id have thought Millwall as its on the rail line to London Bridge which they'd take anyway to get to Charlton.

If Selhurst Park is redeveloped, is there ANY plan in place to get a permanent stadium built in the Croydon area?

i think the first question is, is there anywhere for a stadium in the Croydon area, let alone a plan.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
im not sure why Chalrton is seen as a better option, id have thought Millwall as its on the rail line to London Bridge which they'd take anyway to get to Charlton.

i think the first question is, is there anywhere for a stadium in the Croydon area, let alone a plan.

loads of places i'd say. imo they should move somewhere around the purley way near the tram line.

with recent events such as the ruck at sydenham the police might not be too keen on a groundshare with charlton.

if i was a billionaire and didnt support the albion i'd invest myself. though its hard for me to admit the potential for palace is huge with their catchment area.

one day, in the not so distant future both palace and brighton will be playing in front of 30000 crowds somehwere near the top of the league pyrimid i'm sure of it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I genuinely think Palace have the potential to rival West Ham as the 4th biggest club in London. Over 51,000 saw them win the division 2 championship in 1979. That season, our crowds were enormous (top 10 attendances in the country, during a period of declining attendances) yet theirs were even bigger than ours.

However, their ground is completely shit, their existing fans are a bunch of Nigels, they have a noddy relegation bound team these days, and and best of all, the club has been run by a succession of complete clowns in the board room since the '70s. For that reason, they're scrabbling around with small clubs like Millwall and Charlton for floating support in South London that isn't already hoovered up by Chelsea.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
loads of places i'd say. imo they should move somewhere around the purley way near the tram line.

its a pretty built up area and they are building flats where ever they can. wheres a stadium sized plot going to fit? Wandle park? Mitcham Common? or maybe the sewage/landfill area :lolol:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
trolls.jpg

Mix palace with Gillingham and im afraid theres only going to be 1 result

26-10-02

FFS MURRAY!!!!!!!!
Apr 22, 2004
purley
However, their ground is completely shit, their existing fans are a bunch of Nigels, they have a noddy relegation bound team these days, QUOTE]

1.Our ground needs 20 million spent then it will be pretty good
2.Of course your fans are well 'ard geezers:laugh:

I have been through preston park way on match days.
3.relegation bound due to 10 points off.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I genuinely think Palace have the potential to rival West Ham as the 4th biggest club in London. Over 51,000 saw them win the division 2 championship in 1979. That season, our crowds were enormous (top 10 attendances in the country, during a period of declining attendances) yet theirs were even bigger than ours.

However, their ground is completely shit, their existing fans are a bunch of Nigels, they have a noddy relegation bound team these days, and and best of all, the club has been run by a succession of complete clowns in the board room since the '70s. For that reason, they're scrabbling around with small clubs like Millwall and Charlton for floating support in South London that isn't already hoovered up by Chelsea.

NO way.Palace got crowds of 8,000 a few years ago,they have Millwall and Charlton right next to them.West Ham draw crowds in from Essex as well as East London and have much more tradition.That 51,000 was only because they had to win to go into div 1.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
NO way.Palace got crowds of 8,000 a few years ago,they have Millwall and Charlton right next to them.West Ham draw crowds in from Essex as well as East London and have much more tradition.That 51,000 was only because they had to win to go into div 1.
League gates at Palace haven't been as low as 8,000 since the early 80s as far as I know.

As for the Palace catchment area, it is fairly big.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Q: "Will there be a bus from Croydon to Gillingham laid on by the club?" A: "Yes , but it will only be half full." :)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The BBS thread could be irrelevant after May 8th if the CPFC2010 consortium pulls out and there is no money for Palace to start life in League 1.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
League gates at Palace haven't been as low as 8,000 since the early 80s as far as I know.

As for the Palace catchment area, it is fairly big.

Ok ,slightly longer than a few years ,but i can remember them being in the 7000s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here