[Albion] Palace Game - Postponed [was on/off?]

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Palace
Saturday 3.00
No Uni/Bridge Car Parks
No Trains

The choice seems quite simple, re-arrange or clusterf***. I can't really see any fesible alternatives :shrug:

(disclaimer: As stated previously, I would prefer it being moved)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The mention of taxis reminds me of Burton. There they drive 10 seaters plus 2 more up front. At the ground they just rammed it full at a couple of quid a person for the 2 mile drive to the station.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Yeah, it worked out alright. The game against Brentford on Boxing Day went ahead with a ground less than half full. That certainly ticked all the boxes.
Were the club that bothered the money came in for ticket sales as recorded in the 'official' attendance

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Were the club that bothered the money came in for ticket sales as recorded in the 'official' attendance

I think this is a wind up but The implication that club aren’t “bothered” if fans can’t get to the ground or if train disputes disrupt journeys - cos their priority is ££ above all else - would only be argued by someone unaware of the last 10 years at Falmer. Even if you do believe that - you must have missed the ££ they have to fork out multiple times on coaches, extra park and rides etc over the years to compensate for train woes.
See Barber here a few years back >>
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tra...tep-in-before-someone-gets-hurt-a3402011.html

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
its not going to be moved is it? surprised it was 3pm in the first palace and car parking was known in advance. lack of trains puts off people, no special for the away lot, maybe makes easier to manage without flash points of the stations.

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast

Of course they would be bothered. The amount of match day revenue lost would be significant - think of the loss in catering sales in beer and food, then the no shows at the club shop, during the festive period, resulting in a huge reduction of potential purchases of merchandise items. After that chuck in the staffing costs in providing compulsory match day staff. Then there’s the additional cost of having to provide extra facilities for park and ride. The list goes on . . . :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
its not going to be moved is it? surprised it was 3pm in the first palace and car parking was known in advance. lack of trains puts off people, no special for the away lot, maybe makes easier to manage without flash points of the stations.

Or arguably makes it less easy to manage. The flash points at the station(s) are predictable flash points that can be managed to a certain extent. That's not going to be possible now, it could all kick off anywhere. Police will have the last word anyways, and I'd be massively surprised if they allowed the game to go ahead as planned

el punal

Aug 29, 2012
The dull part of the south coast
The mention of taxis reminds me of Burton. There they drive 10 seaters plus 2 more up front. At the ground they just rammed it full at a couple of quid a person for the 2 mile drive to the station.

One up for me on that one! I was walking from the town centre and was waiting at the traffic lights and happened to ask the driver of a stationary car where the ground was. Hop in, he said, I’ll give you a lift. It turned out he was a guest or similar in the Burton directors box. I’m not just a pretty face! :cheers:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
If goes ahead 3pm the City will end up with 100s or 1000s Palace fans unable to get back to Smellhurst and Croydex. What could possibly go wrong?

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
If this does go ahead does anyone have any recommendations for where to park and then get there with a wheelchair.
I usually park at the Bridge Car park and have never not got one there or at the Uni before.

It’s a bariatric wheelchair too, so with the size of it I’m not sure whether park and ride is even an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
have you noticed how the strikes got no coverage last time? only come up here because the direct impact on the game, fading impact already as people just adjust around them. his job is to represent the workers, not have them lose pay to drive a political cause.

People dont really care, large number of people jus work from home now and the trains are so bad it isnt too much different.

If anything the strikes are saving people money

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
If this does go ahead does anyone have any recommendations for where to park and then get there with a wheelchair.
I usually park at the Bridge Car park and have never not got one there or at the Uni before.

It’s a bariatric wheelchair too, so with the size of it I’m not sure whether park and ride is even an option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talk to the club. I’m sure they would help make this game accessible for wheelchair users.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Has anyone actually contacted the club around this shitshow?! Just wondering what the response was if so - its pretty frustrating that there's been total radio silence from the club around this so far

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here