Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Game - Postponed [was on/off?]

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Palace Game - On/Off?

No-brainer, just needs a decision from 'major stakeholders' earlydoors to allow 'customers' to make forward plans accordingly.

Anytime you're ready chaps? :rolleyes:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If you say you can't play the game on Saturday because of the trains then you can't play it on the Sunday either, because the day after strikes is also always disrupted.

Looks like a cancel and play later in the season to me?

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
If you say you can't play the game on Saturday because of the trains then you can't play it on the Sunday either, because the day after strikes is also always disrupted.

but Friday 8pm must be doable?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Sunday should be more or less fine. Trains tend to start around 7-8am after a strike. Worked Ok for the West Ham game within reason.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
but Friday 8pm must be doable?

Not for me.

I land at Stansted at 18.30, Holiday booked once TV fixtures (and therefore non-movement of this game) were known.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Palace Game - On/Off?

No-brainer, just needs a decision from 'major stakeholders' earlydoors to allow 'customers' to make forward plans accordingly.

Anytime you're ready chaps? :rolleyes:

Indeed, the sooner they postpone it and advise of a rearranged date the better for all concended. Plenty of free dates available for later in the season at the moment.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Sunday PM would seem much more viable than Friday evening from a logistics perspective.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Guardian reporting that it's Chiltern Railways, Northern and TransPennine Express, Avanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Greater Anglia, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, LNER, London Overground and Southeastern, and West Midlands Trains that will be cancelled.

It'll be crap but surely Govia/Southern shouldn't be too effected by the industrial action. Or have I missed an important bit of news somewhere?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Guardian reporting that it's Chiltern Railways, Northern and TransPennine Express, Avanti West Coast, CrossCountry, Greater Anglia, Great Western Railway, Hull Trains, LNER, London Overground and Southeastern, and West Midlands Trains that will be cancelled.

It'll be crap but surely Govia/Southern shouldn't be too effected by the industrial action. Or have I missed an important bit of news somewhere?

RMT are striking that will include Signallers, so no service between Brighton and Falmer

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Indeed, the sooner they postpone it and advise of a rearranged date the better for all concended. Plenty of free dates available for later in the season at the moment.

I think it has to go to later in the season. The Sunday is not going to be easier for the police, given that presumably it requires a greater police presence than normal games, it surely needs more time to plan?

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
I don't think you can move it?

All kinds of events have taken place, shows, concerts, festivals, during this industrial action, as much as its our 'biggest game' what makes the Albion any different?

Could they make the final stop of the 700 Coastliner the Amex for that day and just put loads of extra busses on to help?

Stagecoach are already canceling a number of their 700 buses as they haven't got enough drivers ... so unlikely they'd be able to put extra buses on.

When I got back to Old Steine after the Leeds game I just managed to jump on a 700. The next two 700s were cancelled. I'm seeing it pretty much everyday.

Seagulls Travel keep going on about lack of coaches and drivers for their own service.

It's a blooming nightmare!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here