Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Fans

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't wanna be an arse but let's be honest. If we had beaten Palace 3-1 at their place it would have been the highlight of our season. Certainly I can't think of anything giving me more pleasure, other than perhaps knocking them out in the FA Cup too.

As pointed out they have the bragging rights having been the first team in the league to leave the AmEx with all three points. I f***ing HATE this fact, but let's not rewrite history. It happened.

Be fair, Palace are doing a lot better than any of us, and indeed many of their own fans could have expected. We are in no position to brag having FINALLY won a game.

The league table doesn't lie. We need to up our game, get some more victories, overturn the deficit in points, overtake our fiercest rivals AND better a 2 goal margin of victory when we get our chance of revenge at Selhurst next year.

Until we get to exact a humiliation upon them like they gave us, we should keep f***ing quiet to be honest

My point is everyone (particularly Palace fans, but also some of our own) are acting like they're doing far better than us. They're not. At all. They're TWO points ahead of us after we've gone NINE games without a win. That's f***ing pitiful.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
My point is everyone (particularly Palace fans, but also some of our own) are acting like they're doing far better than us. They're not. At all. They're TWO points ahead of us after we've gone NINE games without a win. That's f***ing pitiful.

No. Going nine games without a win was pitiful. It's very hard to argue that over the previous nine matches, Palace have been doing much better than us. See? Whatever way you're spinning it can also be spun the other way.

What I know is that I'll support the Albion whether we're doing better than Palace, same as Palace or worse than them. I don't need a story of how we are somehow doing better than them to back this up.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No. Going nine games without a win was pitiful. It's very hard to argue that over the previous nine matches, Palace have been doing much better than us. See? Whatever way you're spinning it can also be spun the other way.

What I know is that I'll support the Albion whether we're doing better than Palace, same as Palace or worse than them. I don't need a story of how we are somehow doing better than them to back this up.

Again missing my point. Everyone's making out that they're flying compared to us. They're TWO points ahead of us. We could easily be back in front after a couple of games, whereas everyone seems to be acting like they're way out in front of us this season so far. That's my point.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I don't wanna be an arse but let's be honest. If we had beaten Palace 3-1 at their place it would have been the highlight of our season. Certainly I can't think of anything giving me more pleasure, other than perhaps knocking them out in the FA Cup too.

As pointed out they have the bragging rights having been the first team in the league to leave the AmEx with all three points. I f***ing HATE this fact, but let's not rewrite history. It happened.

Be fair, Palace are doing a lot better than any of us, and indeed many of their own fans could have expected. We are in no position to brag having FINALLY won a game.

The league table doesn't lie. We need to up our game, get some more victories, overturn the deficit in points, overtake our fiercest rivals AND better a 2 goal margin of victory when we get our chance of revenge at Selhurst next year.

Until we get to exact a humiliation upon them like they gave us, we should keep f***ing quiet to be honest
Could'nt have put it better myself,we are not halfway through the season yet. Palace have done better than most people thought they would...and in our case wished they would.I have no doubt that there will be more twist and turns this season...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Again missing my point. Everyone's making out that they're flying compared to us. They're TWO points ahead of us. We could easily be back in front after a couple of games, whereas everyone seems to be acting like they're way out in front of us this season so far. That's my point.

We've lost 5 games, as has Palace. The only difference between them and us is one victory compared to a draw. Their losses have been spread around whereas ours have been in the last 5 weeks. Neither team is failing badly and neither team is flying. Roll on January for our revenge.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Actually, a reasonable case can be made that they have been flying to an extent - 5 wins and 3 draws before their defeat at the weekend. At the same time, you are right that they are 2 points ahead. Well, a week ago they were 5 points ahead - to some people that is way out ahead, just like i'd have no quibble with someone saying Southampton are currently way out in front in the Championship.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We've lost 5 games, as has Palace. The only difference between them and us is one victory compared to a draw. Their losses have been spread around whereas ours have been in the last 5 weeks. Neither team is failing badly and neither team is flying. Roll on January for our revenge.

Spot on. Finally someone who gets it.

South Coast Eagle

Oct 2, 2009
If you ask any sensible Palace fan where they thought we'd be at this time of the year I doubt any of them will say 6th. We have been punching above our weight, the difference between us & you is that you seemed to think that you would stroll through this league & be playing Premiership football next season. The reality is different but because you have been over confident it hits you harder when you're not picking up points. This is proved by your petty squabbling on this message board.

Ok, we haven't scored in three games however we hadn't conceeded in five games before Saturday & if we had been a bit more clinical in the first half against an experienced Cardiff team then th eoutcome could have been different. To be fair, both Cardiff goals were class & it makes it a smidgen easier to lose to two quality goals.

Every team has it's shaky period during the season, you've had yours, we went three league games with three defeats earlier this season. Should make interesting viewing for both our clubs as it looks like you've possibly got over yours.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There's always petty squabbling on this board even when we won 8 games out of 8 in March last season. If you read back it was only a few excitable youngsters who thought we would stroll this this league and would get promoted. The older wiser fans know that the Albion don't do anything the easy way. It makes for a more exciting season imo.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We have been punching above our weight, the difference between us & you is that you seemed to think that you would stroll through this league & be playing Premiership football next season. The reality is different but because you have been over confident it hits you harder when you're not picking up points..

Correction - about THREE of our 25,000-odd fans thought that.

Also I like that you're admitting that you're punching above your weight, seeing as you are only 2 points clear of us and we are definitely not punching above our weight in terms of results so far this season. Bodes well.

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
It's all over for A Town Called Malice FC, the rot has set in, no goals in so many hours of football I can't even count them and FFS Murray still holds up a lovely ball, but what use is that when your manager's tactically inept? Victor Moses had the right idea when he left them for Wigan - a much bigger club than Palace could ever hope to be.

That's it you try and detract from your abysmal form of late, pathetic, a home win (far from convincing I hear) against Barnsley and you think everythings sorted again, this is the Championship not the 3rd Division that you won last season. I know you lot don't like facts but Moses didn't CHOOSE to go anywhere, he had to be sold for well documented reasons, but don't let facts get in the way of things.
Anyway, looking forward to the thrashing that Southampton will be giving you soon and the start of another 10 games without a win, they have a far better manager and squad than you could ever dream of having.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That's it you try and detract from your abysmal form of late, pathetic, a home win (far from convincing I hear) against Barnsley and you think everythings sorted again, this is the Championship not the 3rd Division that you won last season. I know you lot don't like facts but Moses didn't CHOOSE to go anywhere, he had to be sold for well documented reasons, but don't let facts get in the way of things.
Anyway, looking forward to the thrashing that Southampton will be giving you soon and the start of another 10 games without a win, they have a far better manager and squad than you could ever dream of having.

This should read, 'this is the second division not the third division that you won last season.'

At least try to be consistent.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean

Does this not show how difficult this league is to predict? It also backs up the fact this is the hardest league to get out of. It is also the most exciting league. We have been on a pitiful run, and are still within touching distance of the play off places. I am loving the unpredictability of it all, and reigniting our rivalry with Palace and long may it continue.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Arrogance beyond belief

But we're not. Our players haven't played at anything like the level we know they can. I say that as someone who watches them every week.

We haven't nearly hit our stride yet. Even in the early run we weren't always playing that well.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Arrogance beyond belief

Bollox. You just can't accept the fact that little old Brighton can hold their own in this division. Palace have got no given right to be anything in any division, no matter how many seasons you've spent treading water in this one. I fully expect both teams to be fairly close to each other league table position-wise by season's end - and if you think that's arrogance you need a reality check for your superiority complex fella.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

so very much this.....7 points from a possible 33 and yet Palace have been on a "very good run" since they beat us and are yet only 2 points in front. thats shocking.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
so very much this.....7 points from a possible 33 and yet Palace have been on a "very good run" since they beat us and are yet only 2 points in front. thats shocking.

I don't see why that's shocking. We had a very good run at the start of the season whereas Palace didn't. Then Palace had a good run and we were poor. Put together, we are a few points away from them. However, it doesn't negate the fact they recently had a very good run when we hit bad form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here