Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans caused a fair bit of damage.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Damage caused to South Stand

Just heard on the BBC that seats in the south stand were ripped out by CP supporters last night, and toilets were trashed.

If so that is very sad, despite all the pre-match bravado I genuinely didn't think CP supporters were that violently minded.

I hope that Crystal Palace Football Club will get the full bill for the repairs.

Stupid behaviour, but if they dont pay then all CP away seats should be withheld for the fixture next year.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But as been proved palace dont pay their bills. Or will offer £1 in every hundred.
Yeah. They'll just add us to the list of creditors, never pay and then in ten years time when they go bust again we'll have to settle for about 60p - in total.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Most fans behaved properly at the ground...as usual there were a few idiots..to be fair we have our idiotic fans as well,but that is no reason to destroy anything!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Just heard on the BBC that seats in the south stand were ripped out by CP supporters last night, and toilets were trashed.

If so that is very sad, despite all the pre-match bravado I genuinely didn't think CP supporters were that violently minded.

I hope that Crystal Palace Football Club will get the full bill for the repairs.

Stupid behaviour, but if they dont pay then all CP away seats should be withheld for the fixture next year.

It's a good thing that we have comprehensive CCTV all around the ground, they can track people back to their seats and find out exactly who the people were who caused the damage. It's criminal damage and the club should press charges, and hopefully cpfc will take action against them too if they are season ticket holders.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Mr Bloom's gonna be sending them a bill, hopefully the seats were so expensive, they have to sell all their good players.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The sad thing is they are probably pleased with the damage. I know there are loads of decent Palace fans around but they seem to be very silent. It would be refreshing if a Palace fan came on the board and said " yes, we were a total disgrace for trashing the away end " but I guess that is never going to happen.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The sad thing is they are probably pleased with the damage. I know there are loads of decent Palace fans around but they seem to be very silent. It would be refreshing if a Palace fan came on the board and said " yes, we were a total disgrace for trashing the away end " but I guess that is never going to happen.

But 95% of the Palace fans, like 95% of Albion fans, will be decent folk who wouldn't dream of intentionally causing damage to a football ground.

Most Palace fans probably did not see any damage being caused and would be oblivious to it. And why should those who are aware say what you are suggesting they should? If the roles were reversed, and you can bet some Albion fans cause damage at Selhurst, I'd be at pains to point out that the few idiots are by no way representative of the majority of decent Albion fans.

Most Palace fans were not "a total disgrace".

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003

Of course they are pleased, they were able to take a big smelly dump on the floor of our brand new mansion.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
But 95% of the Palace fans, like 95% of Albion fans, will be decent folk who wouldn't dream of intentionally causing damage to a football ground.

Most Palace fans probably did not see any damage being caused and would be oblivious to it. And why should those who are aware say what you are suggesting they should? If the roles were reversed, and you can bet some Albion fans cause damage at Selhurst, I'd be at pains to point out that the few idiots are by no way representative of the majority of decent Albion fans.

The Palace fans who trashed the away areas are a total disgrace , as would be BHAFC if they did the same thing.

we-8-brighton

Feb 5, 2011
yes we were a total disgrace for trashing what i thought was a decent away end but what do you expect you will come to selhurst we will probably have the same so we might as well withhold the money until after that..
ohh yeah one of your female stewards thought it was a laugh outside in earshot to say that she would be coming to do the same at selhurst being an ex steward at selhurst i don't think her superiors would have liked to have known about it...
but fair play guys you have taken defeat with great humbleness (apart from the pricks who jab on about the riots) and we will more than accommodate you at selhurst...

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

The point is no Palace fan has apologised for this , in the name of their club which I find dissapointing.

eagleinpeace

Sep 28, 2011
You are correct, some so called fans were a disgrace, there were around 2000 decent fans there last night, but the actions of the few always outweigh the many, I would like to apologise on the numbskulls behalf, and thank the stewards for the way they behaved and for making it a safe and enjoyable evening, which it would have been no matter what the result.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The point is no Palace fan has apologised for this , in the name of their club which I find dissapointing.

Eh?

I run the away stand and to be fair 90% of their fans were absolutly perfect,without giving to much info away it was a small minority of idiots that let their club down.The good ones actually thanked us for our hospitality and apologised for the idiots.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You are correct, some so called fans were a disgrace, there were around 2000 decent fans there last night, but the actions of the few always outweigh the many, I would like to apologise on the numbskulls behalf, and thank the stewards for the way they behaved and for making it a safe and enjoyable evening, which it would have been no matter what the result.

well done

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
I was disappointed with a small section of both fans last night, i'm not going to apologise for them, that is up to them to do. Does anyone know if the old guy hit by a rock is ok?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I'm not in the mood today Darren, most days I can take your baiting but not today please, for one day give me a day off the Bozza wind up please. Many Thanks.

DWF

Banned
Sep 28, 2011
Few (honest) points from a Palace fan:
Nice stadium
Transport links totally inadequate
Fans leaving at 1-1 in biggest game of the season, was there a reason?
Fans from both sides acted like dicks, this thread seems to seem a little biased?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here