Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
My lad used to pick them up for me as he lives in Hove I used meet him in the car park, I presumed he must have got them at the box office, I have a liking for Notts county and Orient so would catch them when I could, but we would only decide in the morning weather dependant.

Anyway not going to go on about locations and crowd sizes, it’s meant to be about football and palace fans biggest fears.

I am actually more excited about the upcoming season than the last few if I am honest.
Was you excited about FdB? Asking for a friend.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Was you excited about FdB? Asking for a friend.

I was for a week or two but then heard a lot of players found him very arrogant and you could see it on their faces in training videos, and in the pre season tournament he seemed to play players in all different positions, it was the right call to call time early and so it has proved.

I am hopping our new gaffer who has worked for a few years with Man City u23s can spot some youngsters from our academy and give them game time.

If we go down we go down but I would love to see more players from the youth playing in the 1st team.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
I was for a week or two but then heard a lot of players found him very arrogant and you could see it on their faces in training videos, and in the pre season tournament he seemed to play players in all different positions, it was the right call to call time early and so it has proved.

I am hopping our new gaffer who has worked for a few years with Man City u23s can spot some youngsters from our academy and give them game time.

If we go down we go down but I would love to see more players from the youth playing in the 1st team.

Ok I will let him know.

Which players do you think are ready to step up to the first team?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

https://media.giphy.com/media/zlVf2eSgXIFFuTnEhz/giphy.gif

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What constitutes “real” London ?.

It’s a silly argument , you might not see Norwood as being in London but the fact is,it is.

As aside if you think of the city of London as being the centre of our beautiful capital Selhurst park is nearer to it than both Spurs and Arsenal.

The fans issue is a bit of a Willy waving contest as looking back in history both clubs have very similar fanbase.
Surbiton. Must be surely? Maybe it's because I'm a londoner etc etc etc

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I think it's time we got back to this......

So how many first teamers have palace got now?

None of the out of contract players re-signed, we were assured that once new manager was installed then some of these players would be back.

Plus Olise is apparently out for 12 weeks with a back injury according to Twitter.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
None of the out of contract players re-signed, we were assured that once new manager was installed then some of these players would be back.

Plus Olise is apparently out for 12 weeks with a back injury according to Twitter.

My Son told me they only had thirteen fit and / or recently signed first teamers ......

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
My Son told me they only had thirteen fit and / or recently signed first teamers ......

Screenshot 2021-07-13 090411.png

19 on here, but Eze out, Ferguson out, Olise apparently out and Montes doesn't qualify for a work permit.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
They’ve pulled out of a friendly game with Pompy on Friday at St George’s Park citing injuries and players coming back from international duties as the reason. Nothing to do with how badly run their club is that they’ve left themselves in this position.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Have I understood the PL loan rule correctly that a club may have a maximum of two loan players in their squad at a time? Or is it only two players from the English leagues?

It also seems they now only have six HGP, possibly seven as one of their young RBs is 21, but not sure of the date cut off.

Last edited:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Have I understood the PL loan rule correctly that a club may have a maximum of two loan players in their squad at a time? Or is it only two players from the English leagues?

It also seems they now only have six HGP, possibly seven as one of their young RBs is 21, but not sure of the date cut off.

Unless the rules have changed for the upcoming season then the 2 players on loan at any one time only applies to players from other clubs in the English League system. Overseas loans are allowed over and above this.

Fulham had 7 players registered on loan last season, Lemina and Rueben Loftus-Cheek were from English clubs the rest were from overseas.

There is no upper or lower limit to the number of home grown players that have to be named in a squad, the only hard and fast rule is that there can be no more than 17 non HGPs in the 25 man squad. If you’ve named 17 non HGPs and don’t have 8 HGPs to make up the squad to 25 you simply name a smaller squad. Players born on or after Jan 1st 2000 don’t need to be named in the 25 man squad for the coming season.

The deadline for squads being named is normally a couple of days after the transfer window closes.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What an unmitigated shambles ... they're in need of a superb transfer window otherwise they're sunk before the season's started.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
They’ve pulled out of a friendly game with Pompy on Friday at St George’s Park citing injuries and players coming back from international duties as the reason. Nothing to do with how badly run their club is that they’ve left themselves in this position.

What players have they had on international duty ?????

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
What players have they had on international duty ?????

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

The only one I can think of would be PVA but I think he’s been allowed to go anyway. I’m sure one of the Palace twats on here will be able to inform us.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
Kouyate and Ayew played for their countries, Senegal and Ghana, and Benteke was in the Belgium squad ( :mad: )

Last edited:

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
There is no upper or lower limit to the number of home grown players that have to be named in a squad, the only hard and fast rule is that there can be no more than 17 non HGPs in the 25 man squad. If you’ve named 17 non HGPs and don’t have 8 HGPs to make up the squad to 25 you simply name a smaller squad. Players born on or after Jan 1st 2000 don’t need to be named in the 25 man squad for the coming season.

Yes, so they currently have 7 HGP in their squad meaning a max squad size of 24 over 21 players atm. BBC rumours reporting Remi Matthews may be heading there though which is... inspirational.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

They've pulled out of Friday's match against Pompey, but are pressing ahead with Saturday's match at Walsall. The football's an aside, though - they're mainly going for architectural advice...

Screenshot 2021-07-13 113419.png

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Yes, so they currently have 7 HGP in their squad meaning a max squad size of 24 over 21 players atm. BBC rumours reporting Remi Matthews may be heading there though which is... inspirational.

"Even more confusing that Steele to Brighton" as mentioned by one Sunderland fan.

“Quite literally the worst goalkeeper I've ever seen play, fair do's.” from another.

Veira is certainly stamping his authority on that squad. Impressive stuff

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here