****Palace-Countdown to relegation****

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
QUOTE=Govinda Tim;5740003]Interesting Article

uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs/world-of-sport/real-cost-promotion-170152471.html

:clap:[/QUOTE]

Reading that article and especially this paragraph:

" The estimated £120 million jackpot is not there all in one go either. It should be noted that within that figure are four years of parachute payments if relegated after one season, so a more realistic estimate of between £60 and £70 million seems more accurate."

And as also stated the requirements of a premier league ground should cause the directors some concern, with the state for Selhurst this could become a real millstone around the clubs neck. One which will not be the case for Cardiff or Hull with their modern stadiums.

Last edited:

osouthlondon

Oct 4, 2012
As I stated elsewhere on here they will be relegated with 15pts or less probably by March and Hollowank will be sacked before the season is halfway through !

I don't post on here much but enjoy reading your fascination with us. Yes we probably will get relegated, yes our manager can be an arse, yes we've sold our best player, yes our ground needs redeveloping and our food is god dam awful, yes our top goal scorer is out till Christmas but hey wouldn't you rather be in the prem than the championship even if it is for one year ? The financial side of things will sort us for years to come. We have a board who whilst they love CPFC they will not allow us to over spend on anything players, ground or even burgers lol

As for your club you have a decent squad who on the day, and by that I mean at your ground, froze. You should have won the two legs in the first 45 at Selhurst but you didn't.

I hope we can prize Bridcutt, if that's how you spell his name, away from you him and Jedi would be a great centre mid pairing.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Indeed, we'll probably get relegated but Monday will live with me for ever.

Hahaha - bless. That's sweet.

It's only too easy to imagine that in your case there very obviously haven't been too many other life events to compete with desperately fluking one football match: there really can't have been that much to compete. So, quite right: like a slightly simple child given its first ice cream, you ENJOY it. *pats greasy, dandruffy head* *wipes hands*

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012

It's only too easy to imagine that in your case there very obviously haven't been too many other life events to compete with desperately fluking one football match: there really can't have been that much to compete. So, quite right: like a slightly simple child given its first ice cream, you ENJOY it. *pats greasy, dandruffy head* *wipes hands*

I just love the fact that you Brighton fans are so obsessed and bitter about Palace and its clearly eating some of you alive. You just can't handle the pressure of the rivalry and get your knickers in a twist. You should concentrate on your own problems rather than worrying about us. Your whole club has shown to the world I recent weeks that the club is a bit of a joke, nice ground and good gates but its lipstick on a pig. How you conduct yourselves off the pitch and how you perform in the big games under pressure is what seperates the men from the boys

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef

Would you be so patronising to a Brighton fan who said something similar about the Hereford match?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Most of us would have settled for a season of being whipping boys for the money, too much bitterness about Palace getting promoted on here. Get over it, move on and look forward to the next time we play them. We have too many problems of our own for me to care too much about how Palace will do next season.

Should they lose week in week out I'll enjoy seeing it, but it won't stop me thinking that it could have been us, and we were denied the opportunity by Palace :down:

paulie

Jul 27, 2004

Enjoyed a great day at Wembley with my mates I've been going to Palace with for 30 years.

Two things about that sentence you won't understand - 'mates' or 'friends' and going to football for 30 years.

But at least you still got your clackers eh nobby?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

Reading that article and especially this paragraph:

" The estimated £120 million jackpot is not there all in one go either. It should be noted that within that figure are four years of parachute payments if relegated after one season, so a more realistic estimate of between £60 and £70 million seems more accurate."

And as also stated the requirements of a premier league ground should cause the directors some concern, with the state for Selhurst this could become a real millstone around the clubs neck. One which will not be the case for Cardiff or Hull with their modern stadiums.[/QUOTE]

Calm yourself. Our promotion is nothing but bad news for Palace haters like you. Whatever way you look at it, we will make £120 million from Monday, half of which is spread out over 4 years. That is if we finish bottom next year. Taking into account on top of this the bigger gates we will get and the extra sponsorships, we are prob actually looking at £140 million. We are transformed as a club, accept it and get over it.

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
Derby's 11 points is the target we know we are in for a rough ride and will most probably come back down but were gonna enjoy this right now. And whatever happens we will still have the comfort of the way we made you look stupid in front of the nation a few weeks back and the fall out thats followed.

Beating you lot was our final Monday was just a day out at Wembley.

Enjoy 2013-14 we certainly will whatever happens, probably losing 38 games in the Prem is a nice problem to have and one I am sure you would like too.

Oh - dont forget though that you have great attendances - well done with that!:bla:

Nathaniel10

Sep 27, 2012
What are the odds on Holloway being manager for the January transfer window, not very likely I wouldnt think

On the basis of what will he get the sack? Not results as most Palace fans will agree if we have 10 points come Xmas will be an achievement. We know our place in the pecking order mate there will be no pressure on IH he has the hardest job in football right now.

Anyway you need to keep your own house in order, bit of a mess over your side right now. Staff suspended, excrement found in changing rooms, player revolts....

On the basis of what will he get the sack? Not results as most Palace fans will agree if we have 10 points come Xmas will be an achievement. We know our place in the pecking order mate there will be no pressure on IH he has the hardest job in football right now.

Anyway you need to keep your own house in order, bit of a mess over your side right now. Staff suspended, excrement found in changing rooms, player revolts....

Who are the player revolts?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Why did I bother coming on this thread - I just knew it would contain Palace drivel.

Player revolts ??? Tell me, what is that all about ? Must have missed that news...

Vicente mouthing off recently indicates the garden isn't as rosy as you'd like.

So an ex player mouths off after being released having not played many games and other players wade in in support and that's a Player Revolt is it?

Not that everything is rosy but at least try to use facts when beating us at present, there's enough to chose from without having to make them up.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Vicente mouthing off recently indicates the garden isn't as rosy as you'd like.

Vicente gave a parting shot at Poyet being "the worst man he'd come across in football". He also said he'd be happy to stay at the albion, other than that.

Once the Poyet situation is resolved, then the garden will become rosier again.

Still no news on these player revolts though :lolol:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
So, this Vicente chap...wasn't he meant to be the best thing since Peter Ward? What happened to that then?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I don't post on here much
Understatement of the year.

The financial side of things will sort us for years to come. We have a board who whilst they love CPFC they will not allow us to over spend on anything players, ground or even burgers lol
No more shafting other businesses then? Glad to hear it.

I hope we can prize Bridcutt, if that's how you spell his name, away from you him and Jedi would be a great centre mid pairing.
Well done, you spelt his name correctly. Shame you couldn't spell prise. An even bigger shame you have no chance of getting him.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
Understatement of the year.

No more shafting other businesses then? Glad to hear it.

Well done, you spelt his name correctly. Shame you couldn't spell prise. An even bigger shame you have no chance of getting him.

But thats the thing Everest, like your fans have said all season 'Oh Palace all your players and your manager are mercenaries, they'll go to anyone that pays enough'. Do you really feel that your players are any different. Someone comes in for him with the right price will Tony Bloom be saying 'Oh my no you're not taking Liam he's a lovely boy we're keeping him here.' Will Bridcutt turn down a higher wage from a club in the Premier League and say 'No thanks mate, I'm happy with my lot at Brighton and they do have exceptionally good doughnuts on the Pier'? I'm not just talking about Palace here but anyone who wants him just has to find the right price for Bloom and Bridcutt and he's gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here