Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace bragging rights

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
In all honesty, I think I would call it a draw. Bragging rights shared.

If there was no such thing as a rivalry then the head to heads wouldn't matter only the league. But there is a rivalry and so beating your rival in a one off match matters greatly.

As I said, I'll call it as a draw.

the only sensible brighton poster on here !!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I have to wonder who has the bragging rights?
I'd say they do.
The Beat us 3-1 at home it was our first league defeat at the Amex and we managed a draw up there. Yes we finished above them but I might swap that for smashing them 3-1 at Selhurst!
A very sensible post captain :) Looking forward to locking horns next season .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I do find it amusing that all we hear from Palace fans is how they finished higher than us in the league for 27 years... but hang on, now apparently us finishing above them is of no consequence whatsoever!!

You can't have it both ways chaps.
Now where have i heard that before ???

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't you believe it Brighton_bOy I stick Palace stickers over the top of every BHA car sticker I can find all over West Sussex:clap2::p:lolol:

You walk around with a Palace sticker collection in your pocket regularly? Cool :thumbsup:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
I would say we take bragging rights based on the Palace logic on their message board, ' that we have been above you weeds for 30 years' well you were not this year ?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We have semi bragging rights, we really need to beat the scum to be rub their noses in it properly. This season is a good sighter. I imagine that we'll be their cup final next year as they struggle to hold on to the only bragging rights they have left...the victory at the Amex.

We really do need to give them a good stuffing to remove any lingering denial by the worried scummers that they are gonna get left behind by us over the next few years.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
What do we want to judge it on, trophies, head-to-head results, league placing? I do find it funny how "25 years above you" would suggest league position matters, but when we finish higher suddenly it's head-to-head. Which, by the way, we still lead over all time. And there's the 'you've won nothing important' but when it's pointed out we won the Charity Shield in 1910, when it actually meant something as the North winner V South winner, but apparently that's too long ago for it to count. So it would appear the goalposts move whenever Palace want them to move. If positions had been reversed, and we'd taken 4 points off them but they'd finished higher, they'd be giving it the 'one-off games don't mean anything, we're STILL above you in the league" story, so I'm happy to give that in return.

Let them decide they're still better/bigger than us if they want, we know otherwise, the bitching and moaning and "honestly we don't care about you" attitude whilst desperately flooding our board to try and persuade us just how much they don't care and remind us that we're the desperate pathetic ones, well...every single post is borderline sexually arousing. Because I just can't get enough of the smell of denial, it's so...satisfying.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Don't you believe it Brighton_bOy I stick Palace stickers over the top of every BHA car sticker I can find all over West Sussex:clap2::p:lolol:

Hehe that is kinda funny... must be expensive though ... the cost of 10 stickers could buy your lot a new player :p

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
They always harp on at 5-0 and 3-1 at our place....but forget that we beat them 5-0 at Brighton and 3-0 at their place....we are winning in the head to head matches,finished above them this season and today collected my £50 from two Palace fans for our bet....they seemed rather reluctant to take the bet for next season.....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will Palace have 23,000+ season ticket holders next season ???

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Will Palace have 23,000+ season ticket holders next season ???

I feel the number of supporters/season ticket sold has no relevance to our rivalry. its all about the on field performance rather than the "our gang bigger than your gang" view.
Bragging rights is about what the team does not the supporters.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I feel the number of supporters/season ticket sold has no relevance to our rivalry. its all about the on field performance rather than the "our gang bigger than your gang" view.
I think certain contributers might disagree with that statement.......:whistle:

Feb 14, 2010

Don't agree. All sorts of things make a club, the fans, the ground, the terraces, the songs, but even if so, then its still 1 Charity Shield / Champions of England to Albion and no major trophies to palace. The only brag the palace have is they managed to be above us after the goldstone was sold in a property transaction..

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

I would personally agree with that statement if all the palace fans I knew and those on the internet had not been banging on the past 15 years about how small our gates were. Either they were ignorant or more likely conveniently ignoring our awful time at Gillingham and our long stay at Withdean.

I say keep reminding them. Make hay while the sun shines and all that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here