Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace bragging rights

Oct 25, 2003
one result doesn't change the fact that we've been much better than them this season, and look to be on an upward trajectory whereas they seem to be stagnating

can't see that changing next season either

-can't see palace challenging for the play-offs while they're at selhurst, especially as some of the mid-table sides will be strong next year imo (leeds and leicester spring to mind)

-whilst i don't think we'll be challenging for promotion, i can see us having a similar season to the one we're having (hovering around the play-offs)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Honestly, I think I would swap that 3-1 victory for finishing higher. Just to say "We stuffed you in your new Ground" it's not a great comeback to say "well we finished higher".
Fair enough, I just think you're in the minority.
It's about even I suppose, but I wouldn't go bragging to a Palace fan that we finished higher, it wouldn't take long for them to bring up the Amex defeat.
It wouldn't bother me that they did, league football is about the whole season. Who currently has bragging rights in Manchester - is it City with their 6-1 thrashing of Utd at old trafford, or is it Utd, being one place higher? Ans - it's Utd.

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
Clutching at straws as ever. How many years is it now since you have finished above Palace? And finishing a few positions ahead of CPFC does not mean that you have had a MUCH better season than us. I think any neutral looking at both teams would say that Palace have had the more noteworthy games over the 2011/12 season (away to Moan Utd being one) As far as the brighton / Palace fans amongst us.....CPFC took FOUR points to your ONE this season over the 2 games. Stop this pitiful 'bragging' and let us get on with it next season!!!:rolleyes:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Fair enough, I just think you're in the minority.
It wouldn't bother me that they did, league football is about the whole season. Who currently has bragging rights in Manchester - is it City with their 6-1 thrashing of Utd at old trafford, or is it Utd, being one place higher? Ans - it's Utd.

Fair point but your talking about winning the league. That's different. If utd were sitting in 3rd&4th with a 5 point gap, I don't think Utd would have too much to brag about if city spanked them during the season.

I just think we weren't better enough than them this season to brag. I know we are desperate to brag after so long without even a chance at getting one over on them, but it's a bit desperate IMO.

In all honesty, I think I would call it a draw. Bragging rights shared.

If there was no such thing as a rivalry then the head to heads wouldn't matter only the league. But there is a rivalry and so beating your rival in a one off match matters greatly.

As I said, I'll call it as a draw.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Clutching at straws as ever.

Yes. Yes you are.

How many years is it now since you have finished above Palace?

The answer to that question is ZERO.

You also have a ground infintely worse than us. You're supporters cant even be bothered to turn up anymore. You have had a shocking second half of the season. It looks like even Millwall, who have been fighting relegation all season are going to finish above you.

It's hurting you isnt it?

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I do find it amusing that all we hear from Palace fans is how they finished higher than us in the league for 27 years... but hang on, now apparently us finishing above them is of no consequence whatsoever!!

You can't have it both ways chaps.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
and lets not forget our braging rights over a lot of other team that we have been below for to many years ie portsmouth
i was just sayong sometimes The moaners and knockers should look at the bigger picture
ankers is crap brez is shit gus cant pick the right team etc etc
We should all remeber thats they all part of the team/squad that has given us the best football in 20 plus years

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Clutching at straws as ever. How many years is it now since you have finished above Palace? And finishing a few positions ahead of CPFC does not mean that you have had a MUCH better season than us. I think any neutral looking at both teams would say that Palace have had the more noteworthy games over the 2011/12 season (away to Moan Utd being one) As far as the brighton / Palace fans amongst us.....CPFC took FOUR points to your ONE this season over the 2 games. Stop this pitiful 'bragging' and let us get on with it next season!!!:rolleyes:

And you wouldn't be bragging if you had finished above us in the table? Just like none of you bang on about how many years it is that you've finished above us? Deal with it, the first of many years we will now be above you (like we have been for about 80% of this season)

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
Yes. Yes you are.

The answer to that question is ZERO.

You also have a ground infintely worse than us. You're supporters cant even be bothered to turn up anymore. You have had a shocking second half of the season. It looks like even Millwall, who have been fighting relegation all season are going to finish above you.

It's hurting you isnt it?
errrr...NO!:wrong:

Crofty

Sep 27, 2011
I am not saying that it is of no consequence. There isn't a Palace fan alive who wouldn't prefer to finish above brighton. What we ARE saying is.....'finishing a few places above Palace this season is not something you should crow about given the stats historically and the fact that we took FOUR points off you this season.' I look forward to next season.

I am not saying that it is of no consequence. There isn't a Palace fan alive who wouldn't prefer to finish above brighton. What we ARE saying is.....'finishing a few places above Palace this season is not something you should crow about given the stats historically and the fact that we took FOUR points off you this season.' I look forward to next season.

For clarification, a few = 7 and counting.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

Crofty, what are the chances of Murray being a CP player next season bearing in mind he hasn't even made yr squad for the last two games? What's gone wrong with him for you this year and who do you blame?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
And you wouldn't be bragging if you had finished above us in the table? Just like none of you bang on about how many years it is that you've finished above us? Deal with it, the first of many years we will now be above you (like we have been for about 80% of this season)

And done in a way where NONE of our creditors have been screwed, St John Ambulance isn't owed money and no administration for us in all of those years.

Bragging rights well and truly not theirs.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

All of our league positions have been paid for-THAT is most definitely something we should crow about. All of those seasons where you even managed to financially f*** charities are nothing for you to be crowing about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here