Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Boss - Murray HASN'T signed..........(at least yet)

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Yes Gus did bring out the best in Murray (in fact the way we play and the chances we create even I could bang in a few)

thesaint

May 21, 2011
You may get him without a transfer fee. However, you will have to pay him a "signing-on fee" and stupid wages. Hardly "free". Gus has offered him what he thinks he is worth, if your Physio of a "manager" thinks he knows better - well, I hope he takes you for as much as he can.

physio as a manger..?

you mean the best manager in league 1 this season points per game ratio..?

IF we sign him...big if...I very much doubt he would be on par with the likes of fonte and lallana in wages..so no drama then (for us)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The best place Murray could go would be Milwall. He would end up in a team of big egos and high expectations at Southampton and it wouldn't suit him, Palace haven't got any money, potentially selling their best players so I don't think they'll be doing anything but bob along the bottom of the table again.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
physio as a manger..?

IF we sign him...big if...I very much doubt he would be on par with the likes of fonte and lallana in wages..so no drama then (for us)

I wondered when the "points per game" rubbish would emerge :laugh: with the squad you have it has been proved that even a physio could get you promoted. Best manager in the league is Gus by an absolute country mile mate - he manages the team that won the league with FOUR games of the season left.

Back on topic, it took a manager who has played at the highest level in this country to get the best out of Murray - I just can't see GM performing to the same level for someone who is essentially a non-entity in the footballing world tbh.

thesaint

May 21, 2011
I wondered when the "points per game" rubbish would emerge :laugh: with the squad you have it has been proved that even a physio could get you promoted. Best manager in the league is Gus by an absolute country mile mate - he manages the team that won the league with FOUR games of the season left.

Back on topic, it took a manager who has played at the highest level in this country to get the best out of Murray - I just can't see GM performing to the same level for someone who is essentially a non-entity in the footballing world tbh.

well, we shall see next season how good each team fairs...
I have a sneaky feeling we will end up above you... as your record against the top 6 in league 1 was pretty poor....

well, if gus is such a draw, I look forward to seeing what major signings you make... as hoskins err, LOL

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I have a sneaky feeling we will end up above you... as your record against the top 6 in league 1 was pretty poor....

well, if gus is such a draw, I look forward to seeing what major signings you make... as hoskins err, LOL

It's not about buying the biggest names for the most £££££'s as pardew found out, our record against the top 6 wasn't great but tbf we played 2nd and 3rd after we took our foot off the pedal big time. Still at least we didn't lose on the opening day of the season to the team who finished bottom eh :lolol: as for next season there's only one team I'm bothered about finishing above and they are our real rivals lol

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
physio as a manger..?

Oh for fucks sake - now you're begining to sound like those ungracious twats from Cheaterfield a few years back bleating on about how they were the "real Champions".

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Looks as if SCC have had their own fan's message board closed down again cos they're all on here AGAIN!!!!!!

thesaint

May 21, 2011
Oh for fucks sake - now you're begining to sound like those ungracious twats from Cheaterfield a few years back bleating on about how they were the "real Champions".
but we were not and are not champions of league 1...that is you and fully deserved..but I think getting way over 2 points per game no matter what league is a cracking effort...and that is what adkins did....if anyone could have done that, why were we so appalling when dean wilkins had temporary charge..

well, in a few weeks, you winning league 1 will mean nothing when we are both starting out in the NPC. hope you can keep up ;-)

(that last bit was a joke before you all go into meltdown and send me a playlist, make a DvD, hurl abuse and print it in your matchday programmes)

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I'm getting a strong sense of déjà vu.......haven't we been here before?

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
Murray was spotted yesterday looking very smart and very happy with himself - have a feeling he has signed a contract already.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
His new partners son goes to the same school as my son - he was in Brighton but probably just returned from Croydon.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm getting a strong sense of déjà vu.......haven't we been here before?

Did we have another illiterate one on a yr ago then? :lol:

'How good each team fairs' - muppet :)

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
CliveWalkerWingWizard;4124054[B said:
]His new partners son goes to the same school as my son[/B] - he was in Brighton but probably just returned from Croydon.

My aunties best friend who knows my mothers cat who just happens to know my neighbours best friends lost donkey.......told me the same thing..................

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
My aunties best friend who knows my mothers cat who just happens to know my neighbours best friends lost donkey.......told me the same thing..................

Well I saw Murray looking smart and happy - appears he has signed a contract, just passing on info - but feel free to consult the donkey in future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here