Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Boss - Murray HASN'T signed..........(at least yet)

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011
My GUESS is that he has signed but they are bringing it out step by step for Murrays sake.
So first they said he's not signing for us and now they will say its between them and millwall and then eventually they will say he's signed for p***** just so it doesn't look as bad as going strait there!

Pie in the sky

Lush

Mods' Pet
If he'd gone to Southampton there would have been an OUTRAGE. Now he can say - "well at least I didn't sign for Palace". Smart.

Although I don't think any of our local rivalries mean as much to any of the players as they do to us.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Murray will come running back wth his tail between his legs when the signing of Michael Owen is confirmed. With Murray and Owen up front, we'll score more than Peterborough did this year :p

thesaint

May 21, 2011
Liebherrs dead and his family don't want the money going to the club.

Markus Liebherr is dead but you are wrong about his family... they are regular attendees at the ground (his daughter katrina being there the most) and the whole family (wife included) were there for the walsall party...

how much of their fortune they will use remains to be seen but to say they dont want to know is quite frankly...wrong

as for murray, if we got him on a free i would not complain :)

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I heard this from a friend who knows our kit man.

Knowing Lepard for many many years I'd say with some degree of certaincy that this was a theory on his part. He's a good mate and a lovely guy but I don't think he knows where Murray is signing!

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
This is the same Palace boss who denied any interest in Murrary few weeks ago, and now admits he watched him six times this season?

Along no doubt with all the other players on the pitch. If you were a Championship manager no doubt you's be looking at Div 1 teams who seemed to be fielding good players.

And Dougie might have counted watching Albion on the box.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Glenn Murreys future now lies away from Brighton, after the striker rejected the clubs final contract offer.

The above is the clubs wording, not mine!
That doesn't mean he can't change his mind. I don't think he will, I believe he's gone, but he could say to the club 'I've had a rethink and would like to accept your offer if it still stands'. Rooner rejected Manure's final offer, then changed his mind.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
My son's wife's Auntie spoke to GM's girlfriend yesterday and she said that it is still not certain that he will leave the Albion. This was related to me this morning by my son's wife's Uncle, so please do not shoot the messenger, as it got to me third hand.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My son's wife's Auntie spoke to GM's girlfriend yesterday and she said that it is still not certain that he will leave the Albion. This was related to me this morning by my son's wife's Uncle, so please do not shoot the messenger, as it got to me third hand.

Was this piece of bluster featured in your seminal work The Seagull by any chance? Oh Chelovek! Doh!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
He'll go to the highest bidder, money talks. If he's not signed for Palace I'd think it's because his agent thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere. let the bidding war begin!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Neither would I, cos it'd mean you'd still be paying over the odds for him

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Markus Liebherr is dead but you are wrong about his family... they are regular attendees at the ground (his daughter katrina being there the most) and the whole family (wife included) were there for the walsall party...

how much of their fortune they will use remains to be seen but to say they dont want to know is quite frankly...wrong

You may get him without a transfer fee. However, you will have to pay him a "signing-on fee" and stupid wages. Hardly "free". Gus has offered him what he thinks he is worth, if your Physio of a "manager" thinks he knows better - well, I hope he takes you for as much as he can.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
THIS

Let him go wherever he decides.....its all about the club and not Murray!

Get behind Hoskins!
:amex:

I REALLY like what Hoskins says about wanting to join us and not f***ing about playing hard to get. THAT IS THE TYPE OF PLAYER WE NEED, not some mercenary tosser like Mu.. Murr.. - what was the last guy's name?

Chris001

Mar 30, 2011
Can't help but think GM and his agent have been trying it on and it's somewhat backfired. Whatever the outcome the whole sorry saga means Murray will forever be an Albion villain.
It is time to move on and for Gus to bring in his own men, a good start with signing Hoskins who I think will do very well for us. I think we are no weaker and maybe even stronger after this.
One thing is for certain the new boy looks happy to be part of it, more than can ever be said of Mr G.Murray.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think you are right about Murray's agent trying to bring pressure to up the offer, and Glenn has now found himself in a position he didn't want to be in.

As Forster and Calderon found out - you don't negotiate with Gus and Tony, if they offer you a ticket for the Gus Bus, you gratefully accept whatever the price is :ascarf::ascarf::ascarf:

I am not certain this has played out yet, but i am certain that Murray won't have a better season the last one if he is playing under any manager other than Gus.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here