Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace banter at Victoria

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I don't understand the reaction to Crawley; geographically they are our nearest rivals. To those saying they don't consider them rivals, consider that for many years in the past they were closer to us in terms of league standings than Palace. Portsmouth and Southampton because of the south coast connection make more sense than a London club - of all the London clubs we have played in recent years, we've had better, more fiery games against Leyton Orient than we have Palace.

Most of the people who stand up to the ridiculous "Stand up if you hate Palace" chants probably don't even know WHY they hate Palace as they weren't at the classic games in the 1970's - the majority weren't who attend Albion games nowadays. Times change and so do rivalries - I don't think anyone really cares about Brighton/Palace. When we were struggling at the bottom of division 3, they weren't all chanting "Stand up if you hate Brighton" at their games - they were playing Premiership football and didn't care about us. It's all a bit sad, really.

Which parallel universe do you hail from?

It's obvious you delight in winding up others as has been pointed out several times. Unfortunately for you, you demonstrate your own point about football fans being less intelligent than average only too well.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
It's a rubbish rivalry anyway, our natural enemies are Portsmouth or Southampton - or, realistically nowadays, Crawley.

You having a laugh Crawley not even on same level, a lot of crawley fans are brighton fans and have a stadium capacity of about 4000 and is a s hole of a place.
Crawley have a max can get to and that is league one, and certain types of players that need to perform well at this standard will not be willing to play week in week out at a awful stadium such as crawleys.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
on the way down from london for the home game last weekend, i (in brighton shirt) encountered a number of travelling palace groups on their way north to peterborough at victoria station.

to a man they were cordial and pleasant, wishing us well in our new ground, and welcoming us back to the championship.

it did my irrational and unfounded hatred of the club no good at all.

Don't be sucked in by em....when they outnumber you by 20/1 they will be brave enough to have a pop!!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Majority of Brighton fans do not "hate" Palace and likewise the majority of Palace fans don't hate Brighton.
Sure i was there in the 70's 80', Mullery, Ward/Hardkook (spelling?) etc but i don't hate them.
I look out for there results and have a rye smile when they lose but sure don't lose any sleep over them.

There a few 100 maybe a 1000 even hardcore Albion fans that do actually "hate them I'm sure, and the same for them, but they are in the Minority.
Made me giggle when I have read some post on her in the past, like Your not a Brighton supporter if you don't hate Palace, FFS :lol:

I was there in those days as well and I certainly DO hate them.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
There was a bit of rivalry with luton in the old days? or am i wrong

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Why would anyone truly 'hate' or 'dispise' another football team? How ridiculous. Life is far too short. I love my club but I wouldn't take a bullet for Gus Poyet! A bit of banter is normal but hate? Dispise? Desperately sad.

It's part of our history...i for one despise ALL things Palace, and wish them nothing but bad luck and mysery! Two decades of shit from those pikeys is about to be paid back..... with interest! If that offends anybody...hard f**kin luck!!

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Before the Palace appeared in the 70's, I seem to remember we had abit of a dislike for Reading and then Bournemouth. But the Palase thing has grown and grown mainly due to some big moments, Alison, the FA Cup, Gerry Ryan.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
But Crystal Palace fans are just people who support a team. Calling all Palace fans 'pikeys' is like calling on Brighton fans gay. As for 'battles on streets', those who fondly remember the 'good old days' of hooliganism have no place in any football ground in England and frankly I'm amazed they can even use a keyboard to post on here. Football is just a bit of fun really - a hobby, like gardening - we all have families and real lives which are more important than silly football rivalries.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Those Bha fans who dont hate Palace or Palace fans who dont hate Bha aren't real fans of either club:catfight::catfight::catfight:

Like Southern_sid says feelings are mutual, your a vile club
Gallstone ground,Withdean, Falmer brand new shiny stadium,what ever,
Bha will always make me :sick:be and are a total :shit::shit::shit::shit::shit: football club :wanker::angry::lolol::lolol::
Thats nonsense as i bet 50% of palace fans hate millwall or charlton more,also plenty of albion fans who hate pompey or southampton more.In a realistic world we would have a big sussex derby and who knows in the future"crawley cough cough splut"is possible.

Maybe the large band of west sussex seagulls hate pompey more as thats seriously close,we haven't played palace enough yet to turn many fans heads although soon im sure heads will turn.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
on the way down from london for the home game last weekend, i (in brighton shirt) encountered a number of travelling palace groups on their way north to peterborough at victoria station.

to a man they were cordial and pleasant, wishing us well in our new ground, and welcoming us back to the championship.

it did my irrational and unfounded hatred of the club no good at all.

Really? We had a nice little (singing) showdown with the Palace fans in the pub on the main concourse. Bumped into loads of Spurs fans, too, all of whom were saying congrats about the new stadium.

serial thriller

I'm a Palace fan
Aug 7, 2011
For whoever said that Palace and Brighton aren't rivals, perhaps the fact that there is a waiting list for Palace fans to travel on a September night in Tuesday 52 miles to watch a game of football, and the fact that Brighton will invariably bring 4-5000 down to Selhurst, should make you think again.

Rivalry isn't decided by facts, like distances, attendances at other games etc. it is about history, and deep emotive loathing. That's why there is a rivalry between us two.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
Thats nonsense as i bet 50% of palace fans hate millwall or charlton more,also plenty of albion fans who hate pompey or southampton more.In a realistic world we would have a big sussex derby and who knows in the future"crawley cough cough splut"is possible.

Maybe the large band of west sussex seagulls hate pompey more as thats seriously close,we haven't played palace enough yet to turn many fans heads although soon im sure heads will turn.

ALL my pals hate palace more than anyone else.

Its the way it should be.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Before the Palace appeared in the 70's, I seem to remember we had abit of a dislike for Reading and then Bournemouth. But the Palase thing has grown and grown mainly due to some big moments, Alison, the FA Cup, Gerry Ryan.

I was going to mention the match against Palarse that ended Gerry Ryan's career. It was a shocking challenge apparently from the Palarse player but I did read in The Argus that he doesn't hold any hard feelings against him for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here