Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace Away

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
well, I know someone who was in your stand last time and when Mc.shane scored he definitely made himself known and NO nothing happened. :bigwave:
I think you meant to quote the dated one from Purley instead of me, but I know what you are saying. There were quite a few Brighton in the home end in 2005.

Feb 14, 2010
Oh and WCP you won't go as you don't even attend home matches.[/QUOTE]

Been to 2 away and 2 at home so far this season,but you are right, I'm unlikely to go for a mixture of reasons. Firstly getting tickets will involve loyalty points or some other scheme I don't do as a casual attender. Not sure how old you are mate but as you get older you have other things to do, especially if you live away from the area of your team. Secondly the police will be all dressed up like robocop and the idea of running the gauntlet of some spotty 20 something in a police riot outfit thinking that he has power instead of serving the public, puts me off. Sure they have a job to do but frankly the police at these games put me off more than the hoolies. At least the hoolies normally have the good grace to fight only fellow hoolies. As such, I will probably do something else, you are right.. but the albion will fill your stadium without me tho..

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
No chance. 2,600 for you, the chairman has already said so.

Sadly this is indeed the case. However there was some indication that this was partly down to what the Police would insist on.

I imagine at this stage nothing final has really been decided.

The ideal for the Palace owners, is to put the tickets on sale early( and it's been indicated this may be before Christmas for home fans ), and sell so many that they only need to sell this number of away tickets.

If the home seats don't sell ( and they haven't been that popular for midweek games at Selhurst so far) , then the owners will have to make the decision - to take the financial hit personally between them to score a few childish points, or to make the maximum gate revenue they can from the match.

Jan 30, 2008
Got talking to a palace fan today who assures me we will get 5400 tickets for the game, and only Millwall are getting 2000 because of trouble last season, so looks like all will be well..!
wall will just turn up and go in the home stands and Palace will do nothing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sadly this is indeed the case. However there was some indication that this was partly down to what the Police would insist on.

I'm pretty certain their chairman posted on their forum, immediatly after we gave them 2,500, that they were going to do the same. Brown nosing/lip service etc.

Maybe we'll have a beam back as well?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

I imagine at this stage nothing final has really been decided.

The ideal for the Palace owners, is to put the tickets on sale early( and it's been indicated this may be before Christmas for home fans ), and sell so many that they only need to sell this number of away tickets.

If the home seats don't sell ( and they haven't been that popular for midweek games at Selhurst so far) , then the owners will have to make the decision - to take the financial hit personally between them to score a few childish points, or to make the maximum gate revenue they can from the match.

I'm hoping its going to be like Peterborough away last season , with local fans told that it is a crucial game of the season by the club and media , get them all packed in and then to their horror watch a BHAFC footballing masterclass. "Nightmare at Selhurst Park" :lolol:

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I'm pretty certain their chairman posted on their forum, immediatly after we gave them 2,500, that they were going to do the same. Brown nosing/lip service etc.

Maybe we'll have a beam back as well?

You are right - one of the owners did go their BBS and played to the gallery a bit about this, after some of their fans started moaning about only getting the maximum away allocation at the AMEX.

But to be fair at the time he did hint that the decision would be a lot easier if the home tickets sold well.

I'd be amazed if a final decision has been made at this point, and I'm sure home ticket sale levels will be a factor to some degree.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you don`t sell all your home tickets and away fans can be safely accommodated and segregated then you are just making pricks of yourself by not selling them.

Sell the away fans tickets or look stupid.

Last edited:

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
seems a decent allocation but i doubt it

Steveapps71

May 9, 2011
Brighton land
When we went there last time (one night at Palace DVD still available) I believe thats their last sell out?!?
We will light up a grim shitty miserable night (arent they all) in Croydon in january. Cant wait

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
Probably get tickets off my mate who is quite high up at GAC logistics and sit in or about the directors area.

Should be a laugh - wonder if I can have a shit in the boardroom.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Personally I'd give you more. It's awfully funny when you give it the big one leading up to the game and then inevitably get SPANKED all over the place. Just means there will be less of you to take the piss out of :(

..... like the last time we played there eh? :wink:

SE19_CP

Oct 30, 2011
SE19.....top of the hill
wall will just turn up and go in the home stands and Palace will do nothing.

Its true, millwall have taken the piddle many a time at ours and sat in the home end, not seen them jump up in the holmesdale without it kicking off though.

Brighton suggesting they'd do the same is laughable. You all know the intensity at these games.

Give it a go though, haha good luck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here