Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace away

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
The Amex was supposed to only cost £40M to begin with , this rose to £93M with increased building costs , materials , the price of steel rocketing and fitting out. Tony Bloom decided to take it high end and the final price was £105M.

You got done, face it. This isn't sour grapes, it really isn't that nice. It's so loopsided, one huge stand then 3 tiny ones that look like Colchester's ground. Still, it's a lot better than Withdean i guess so no wonder you're all happy. And the pitch is nice, ample width and in decent condition, was perfect for our superior passing game. 3-1

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
You got done, face it. This isn't sour grapes, it really isn't that nice. It's so loopsided, one huge stand then 3 tiny ones that look like Colchester's ground. Still, it's a lot better than Withdean i guess so no wonder you're all happy. And the pitch is nice, nice width and decent condition, was perfect for our superior passing game. 3-1

Probably because it's not finished

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Amex was supposed to only cost £40M to begin with , this rose to £93M with increased building costs , materials , the price of steel rocketing and fitting out. Tony Bloom decided to take it high end and the final price was £105M. Wembley and The Emirates also went massively over budget.

Didn't the £93m include all the additional infrastructure changes, ie the new lewes road layout, the improvements to Falmer station etc. thought the cost out of that for the stadium was £70m

Eagle_83

Premier League visitor
Jun 8, 2011
Probably because it's not finished

What's the point of increasing it when 1) you can't even sell out at the moment. 2) your crowds will dwindle in the near future when the plastics get bored as the novelty of the stadium and being in the Championship wears off and Gus fecks off for bigger and better things.

You got done, face it. This isn't sour grapes, it really isn't that nice. It's so loopsided, one huge stand then 3 tiny ones that look like Colchester's ground. Still, it's a lot better than Withdean i guess so no wonder you're all happy. And the pitch is nice, ample width and in decent condition, was perfect for our superior passing game. 3-1

Are you really 28? Do your homework.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
What's the point of increasing it when 1) you can't even sell out at the moment. 2) your crowds will dwindle in the near future when the plastics get bored as the novelty of the stadium and being in the Championship wears off and Gus fecks off for bigger and better things.

:facepalm: We have sold out EVERY league game so far as well as 2 out of 3 cup games. You're second point isn't even worth answering, try reading Sir Nigel's posts before posting such shite.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Eh? Are you special or something? THINK.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

What's the point in Palace building a stadium bigger than 18k?

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
What's the point in Palace building a stadium bigger than 18k?

Well if your crowds can treble, why can't ours go up by 5,000 minimum?

I still think the total price of the Amex includes all the funding and applications prior to it being built. Fourteen years of planning applications must have cost a fair bit.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Well if your crowds can treble, why can't ours go up by 5,000 minimum?

I still think the total price of the Amex includes all the funding and applications prior to it being built. Fourteen years of planning applications must have cost a fair bit.

It can and will. Just pointing out to Eagle_83 about how Palace won't be exempt from having so called "plastic fans" and your attendances will go up with success and down when they're not doing so well. Same as every club in the World.

I think Dick Knight and the fans paid for a lot of the clubs running costs during the planning stages. The directors at the time (and people like Fatboy Slim) will have been the main funding so I don't think the final stadium costs include that

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Wrong again. Anyone who saw that incident (and I was at the match) knows Cantona was 2/3 - 3/4 of the way along the stand, right in front of the family section, when his tiny brain short-circuited and he went spacko in the kids' enclosure. We have been over this incident for a long time, but you clearly aren't you poor children.

Sorry Yalom, completely my mistake. I can only apologise. You know, the thing that made me confused was the fact that family stands normally have kids in. You div, anyone who watches that clip on You Tube can clearly see there's about 5 kids and 200 adults. Now I know you lot like to keep it in the family and all that, but that's ridiculous.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
There are some reasonably sensible Palace posters on NSC. [MENTION=19766]Eagle_83[/MENTION] isn't one of them. The fact that many Palace fans praised the stadium after the match is an indicator of how much of an idiot you are.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
palace a bigger club? Well lets look at this:-

Trophies -
Brighton - Charity Shield/ Champions of England v Palace - Nothing
Crowds
Brighton 18500 season tickets & a waiting list. Palace 8000 and give away tickets at croydon council and hope for a large away following to make up the numbers. Even with 4500/5000 west ham fans palace limped to a crowd that we get every week
Palace have been above Brighton for 20 years after Brighton were asset stripped and had to play 140 round trip from home and then at a limited athletics track in the lower divisions - well done
Away support
Brighton have even when in the lower league had a bigger away support
Historic support, Brighton have had the highest crowds even when in the lower leagues, as crowds like 34000 against Rochdale shows. Palace? Sorry mate you are small fry and we will leave you behind over the next few years. Project Brighton is still on track, a couple of results does not change that
err remind us when you lot were 'champions of England??????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here