Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

palace away

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
PLASTIC FAN - Someone who goes to a local club to watch some football and casually "supports" them, usually when they're being relatively successful, but who actually supports a "big" Prem team. This is what you have many thousands of at all your home games.

Many thousands at all our games? Proof of that have you?

A few hundred maybe. ThousandS? Not on your nelly,

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
IF it is built then partially from the sale of Selhurst Park which the club own you thick twat, certainly not from poker winnings, and any stadium that is built would be a fraction of the cost of your overpriced effort with the added benefit of people actually able to get there by train without hassle.

Selling Selhurst? You will have to pay the developers, that place is worth f*** all. Maybe a new caravan park for all of you.

Sent from my iPhone using telepathic powers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As several have pointed out , Selhurst Park is worth f*** all without planning permission for a retail park or social housing. Sainsburys are only interested in owning the land to put in extra parking spaces. If CPFC2010 believe they can build a top notch stadium for £40M they need to go back to the drawing board unless they are going to build something similar to what Morecambe's new ground looks like.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
all this palace crap about thousands of plastics. do plastics really go to the hassle of getting a season ticket?

I know someone who supports Liverpool who got a Brighton season ticket for himself and his 7 year old son, he said its easy to get down there, the championship is a good standard and he wanted to have a regular activity he could share with his boy as he doesn't get to see him as often as he would like.
His son is now a raving Brighton fan ... his dad is still Liverpool.

who cares really why people go. I went to see U2 once, they are far from my favorite band ... plastic ?

Punisher741

Sep 18, 2011
Worthing
its obvious that they will give us about 4000 tickets i reckon for palace but most all of them if not all will go to season ticket holders and the rest will go to people with about 100 loyalty points

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
As several have pointed out , Selhurst Park is worth f*** all without planning permission for a retail park or social housing. Sainsburys are only interested in owning the land to put in extra parking spaces. If CPFC2010 believe they can build a top notch stadium for £40M they need to go back to the drawing board unless they are going to build something similar to what Morecambe's new ground looks like.

40M would get you a very good standard stadium actually.
but you are right on the other point, however If palace moved then the council would be only too happy to allow development of the selhurst site.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I know someone who supports Liverpool who got a Brighton season ticket for himself and his 7 year old son, he said its easy to get down there, the championship is a good standard and he wanted to have a regular activity he could share with his boy as he doesn't get to see him as often as he would like.

I was in conversation with a father and son on the train back from Withdean who were Palace fans from Worthing. They had been Albion fans - but the father did not want to sit with his son and watch football amidst all the protests and atmosphere at the Goldstone (let alone go to Gillingham). Couldn't have done it myself - but at least now people can go to the Amex and simply watch football. You do not feel as though you are part of a political movement.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

who cares really why people go. I went to see U2 once, they are far from my favorite band ... plastic ?

Great stuff.

Why can't all Palace fans on here be decent like you?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ

im not saying it doesnt happen of course it does , as it does all around the country. palace saying we used to have 4k season tickets at withdean now 18.5k season tickets so there must be 10k plastics is well wide of the mark. i was never a season ticket holder at withdean as i hated the place but i was at the goldstone. i jumped on the chance with the amex . there were loads like me , we just wanted a decent stadium with a good atmosphere to bring us all back . as for the liverpool fan with his kid .... thats great , we have a new fan in his son . its onwards and upwards for us

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I was in conversation with a father and son on the train back from Withdean who were Palace fans from Worthing. They had been Albion fans - but the father did not want to sit with his son and watch football amidst all the protests and atmosphere at the Goldstone (let alone go to Gillingham). Couldn't have done it myself - but at least now people can go to the Amex and simply watch football. You do not feel as though you are part of a political movement.

Withdean was hardly an attractive prospect for getting kids hooked on football either. No matter how many balloons they tied to the Family Stand it would always be a losing battle. Compare also the little portakabin "shop" at Withdean to the Superstore at the Amex. It wasn't exactly an inspiring place to take your kid. Now we can finally get a new generation of youngsters loving the Albion and while to outsiders (palace fans) they may seem like "plastics", it's actually the start of our future fanbase.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
im not saying it doesnt happen of course it does , as it does all around the country. palace saying we used to have 4k season tickets at withdean now 18.5k season tickets so there must be 10k plastics is well wide of the mark. i was never a season ticket holder at withdean as i hated the place but i was at the goldstone. i jumped on the chance with the amex . there were loads like me , we just wanted a decent stadium with a good atmosphere to bring us all back . as for the liverpool fan with his kid .... thats great , we have a new fan in his son . its onwards and upwards for us

Thats the thing though, while I don't particularly want to disagree with Palace fans on the Brighton board the fact is that plastic or not your attendance will be around 20k all year, suppose that next year you are sold out again, are the "new" fans then less plastic ? In 5 years ? you see its a null argument and pointless talking about.

Personally I don't give a flying you know what who gets the bigger crowd, I'm happy at Selhurst whether there are 6k or 20k

Before you start thinking I'm a secret Brighton sympathiser ... We scored 3, they scored 1 ... you know the rest ;-)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
40M would get you a very good standard stadium actually.
but you are right on the other point, however If palace moved then the council would be only too happy to allow development of the selhurst site.
Would it be good enough to hold England U17 - U21 games and tick all the UEFA boxes ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
40M would get you pretty much what you want in terms of the stadium infrastructure.
It is of course perfectly possible to spend 20 mil ? 30 mil ? on fitting out, depends how high end you want to take it I suppose.

The Amex was supposed to only cost £40M to begin with , this rose to £93M with increased building costs , materials , the price of steel rocketing and fitting out. Tony Bloom decided to take it high end and the final price was £105M. Wembley and The Emirates also went massively over budget.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Thats the thing though, while I don't particularly want to disagree with Palace fans on the Brighton board the fact is that plastic or not your attendance will be around 20k all year, suppose that next year you are sold out again, are the "new" fans then less plastic ? In 5 years ? you see its a null argument and pointless talking about.

Personally I don't give a flying you know what who gets the bigger crowd, I'm happy at Selhurst whether there are 6k or 20k

Before you start thinking I'm a secret Brighton sympathiser ... We scored 3, they scored 1 ... you know the rest ;-)

You were doing so well then

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here