Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - impossible for them to get off their stripey arses

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
To be fair, I didnt see any spare seats, but either way, Palace used to have a similar support to us and it is odd that its a long way behind ours especially given that they have had the most successful 30 years in their history and we have had the worst 30 years with Archer, Gillingham, Withdean and the rest. Its not a dig, its honest bemusement. I cant work out how they could have fallen so far to have to use two for one deals to get 16000 last season, or 10,000 against Bristol City. I still think they have a decent support tho and whilst I take the piss out of their school band drummer boy, proper palace fans find those kiddies as cringeworthy as everyone else. People point to a new ground at Brighton but really that doesn't wash as a new ground at Millwall, Reading and many other clubs has not brought 29000 for a Monday night home game against Watford on TV when in the bottom half of the second tier. Brighton are very very lucky with its support and maybe one day we might get the players that might match the support.

Post of the week, sir. :bowdown:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Trivial petty point but there was zero Arse in the home end as proven now I've seen it on the telly (and how rubbish are the bbc. Pretty biased as usual and can't even get the crowd right)

Anyway, back to your enjoying of our going down with record low points. Enjoy.

Funny how I saw it, also mentioned to me by sth at selhurst who was at the game next to a gooner. Fwiw though it was a decent game and chamakh should be put down, he's no more a footballer than I am an astronaut!

All the Sunday papers get their figures from the same source, if the source has made a mistake, so will the papers. We've had that happen with us, with dean Hammond being credited with Calderon's assists a couple of times last season. The ap got it wrong so espn, BBC, sky all got it wrong too.

I'm standing by it until it's corrected (unless it's correct anyway - maybe they took the 5k Arsenal off):shrug:

The Chelsea home fixture at Selhurst will be hilarious - half of them are Chelsea who can't afford a Stamford Bridge season ticket.

Golfboy

Nov 15, 2012
Of course, all Clubs have fans that are fickle - but none as much as Palace - even their owners have described them as such.

This is their first time back in the Premier League for about 8 years - they couldn't sell 16k season tickets , have failed to get above 25k this season - of which 3 games were against London opposition.

I should think if the roles were reversed and we were playing PL football each and every game would be a 30k sell out.

But the chances of the 'roles being reversed' are zero.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm standing by it until it's corrected (unless it's correct anyway - maybe they took the 5k Arsenal off):shrug:

The Chelsea home fixture at Selhurst will be hilarious - half of them are Chelsea who can't afford a Stamford Bridge season ticket.

Confirmed to be over 25,000 by Steve Browett on the bbs, but you knew that anyway ???

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Even the official site of cpfc gives the attendance as 20050.

I'm pretty sure the club websites use the AP feed as well. I seem to remember errors cropping up and being put to Insider on the ask the club section, and the explanation was that parts of the website are run by a third party.

EDIT: I'm not saying the number is wrong, I neither know nor really care, but the fact the number is repeated in so many places doesn't mean it's right, since all these places get their stats from the same source.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Is this you and are man u your real team?

jevegy4y.jpg

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
Fair enough. But there are LOADS of palace who have a real team.

Who knows, to be honest who really gives a shite but I do find it incredibly funny that the posters who are most pro Albion, anti Palace, vocal, militant in their postings then admit in other threads of supporting "their" other teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here