Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace and Reading Attendances Today

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wonder if there were any 'special deals' that accounted for the numbers at these games:

Palace - 19,344 (5k above their recent gates)

Reading - 21, 896 (play offs a factor, but surely well above their season average?)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Both usually have pretty shite fairweathered home gates so probably. Reading fans are the most fickle I know of in terms of attendances

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A look but not touch deal with The Crystals? ???

Nah it was something to do with a half price ticket if you're on the dole - the uptake was unreal

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Pompy probs took 3000+ and they are play off contenders! anyway lets not get on our high horses too much,too many starting to sound arogant on here imo

D

Deleted member 18477

Pompy probs took 3000+ and they are play off contenders! anyway lets not get on our high horses too much,too many starting to sound arogant on here imo

agreed. getting far too arrogant for our little boots. we aint even IN the division yet. and the 2 teams mentioned have been enjoying championship football for a few more years than us and averaging those sort of gates for years! when were in the championship for 4,5,6 years or whatever that number may be, we'll see how many of the 20,000 home fans keep on coming year after year! the championship is a tough division, hopefully our fans wont underestimate it and get bogged down if we happen to have a few defeats for once. it isnt easy, just ask palace fans!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I see your points above guys and dig you're right they have been in the Champs for yrs - however this is our main rivals (who do tend to get shite gates of 11k which is pretty crap considering they have a bit of history) and Reading who were a promotion rival not so long ago (bit like SCC thi season) and also shafted us to nick 3 of our top players and manager - It's fair enough to have a pop at these 2 :lol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I used to detest Reading.

A uni friend was a Reading fan and he always insisted that they were the better team, despite finishing below us and taking one point from our two fixtures. Not forgetting to mention Pardew and using us as his scouting network. The general sneering from their fans.

I did enjoy it when McGhee said Brighton would be swinging from the rafters if we were in the same position as Reading. "There's no-one there...".

A bit sad that we will be the new Reading, in many respects. Bah.

ArfurW8

May 22, 2009
Fort Neef
Yes it was a special deal day at Palace today.

I have been to a couple of Reading v Pompey games before and it has always been a lively fixture with a bit of an edge to it.

I dont think BHA fans are in a position to be too critical of other teams home attendances just yet,maybe in a few years of comparable seasons,but not yet.

D

Deleted member 18477

I see your points above guys and dig you're right they have been in the Champs for yrs - however this is our main rivals (who do tend to get shite gates of 11k which is pretty crap considering they have a bit of history) and Reading who were a promotion rival not so long ago (bit like SCC thi season) and also shafted us to nick 3 of our top players and manager - It's fair enough to have a pop at these 2 :lol:

haha i must be going soft. you have just got me buzzing for next season now! palace, reading, pompey, (prob) SCC and then the dirty millwall and leeds what a list of matches to look forward to!!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
haha i must be going soft. you have just got me buzzing for next season now! palace, reading, pompey, (prob) SCC and then the dirty millwall and leeds what a list of matches to look forward to!!

How we've timed THAT season to be the first at Falmer is literally unbelievable. It's going to be MEGA. The Championship will be full of fairly big clubs too

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I used to detest Reading.

A uni friend was a Reading fan and he always insisted that they were the better team, despite finishing below us and taking one point from our two fixtures. Not forgetting to mention Pardew and using us as his scouting network. The general sneering from their fans.

I did enjoy it when McGhee said Brighton would be swinging from the rafters if we were in the same position as Reading. "There's no-one there...".

A bit sad that we will be the new Reading, in many respects. Bah.

Nah we won't BOF - There will be a large number who used to go Goldstone coming back. Reading didn't used to sell out the Mad Stad till they got to the prem - I always remember royalali on here boasting they'd sold 6k HALF STs the yr they were about 10 points clear in the Championship at Xmas. We will NEVER be anything like that - and that aint just rose specs mate!

PS - Ingarmarsson / Sidwell / Brooker / Coppell wasn't it?!

D

Deleted member 18477

How we've timed THAT season to be the first at Falmer is literally unbelievable. It's going to be MEGA. The Championship will be full of fairly big clubs too

yea incredible! maybe west ham will join the list:laugh:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Fair point. Maybe not a Reading, but we are going to have a lot of newbies, along with oldies.

Yes, agree with those four. They also gazumped us for Steve Brown. He was set to sign then they came in with an offer twice the size of ours. I do remember Coppell stating he would not pillage us of our better players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Fair point. Maybe not a Reading, but we are going to have a lot of newbies, along with oldies.

Yes, agree with those four. They also gazumped us for Steve Brown. He was set to sign then they came in with an offer twice the size of ours. I do remember Coppell stating he would not pillage us of our better players.

Agreed - maybe more a Hull IMO? But please no not Reading - fickle as anything. I remember when they beat us 3-2 openinig day of season 5 yrs or so back - all their fans looked misrable after the match outside the ground!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Nah it was something to do with a half price ticket if you're on the dole - the uptake was unreal

What happened to the other 100,000 then? Actually no, they preferred the white lightning.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here