Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Painter signs two year deal

Absolutely fantastic, stupendous signing. This is a player of the highest caliber who, if not for a serious injury, would be starting regularly for a top championship team. To think we couldn't afford Matt Richards wages and remember how good we all thought Jimmy Mac was?

Now let's get Calderon in and a championship defender to play alongside Elphick and what a defense that will be!

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I think what this also shows is that you don't have to fork out large transfer fees to get get quality League One players. You just have to look in the right places and have a manager who knows how to get the best out of his players.
Absolutely. If you know where to look, you can arguably get some quality players in on the cheap or free, which is where I think the loan system is pretty damn useful (sorry to disagree Gus) - helping a player to regain fitness and settle in elsewhere can make their decision a lot easier once their contract at their parent club runs out. Exactly what's happened here. Great business. A quality player who has already helped a team up and out of this league, and will hopefully do similarly well for us. Can't believe he's only 23!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fantastic news. Has been a great signing for us on loan and will be a massive part of the defence next year. It is a really good sign that we are sorting contracts out so early this year rather than leaving it to the last minute.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Was there a fee involved?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Was there a fee involved?

I think, not 100% sure, that because Swansea decided not to offer him a deal, we don't have to pay.

We didn't offer Fraser, loft ect a new deal and we didn't receive fee's did we..?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here