Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paintball

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I'm doing paintballing for the first time on saturday in dorking. Has anyone got any tips as I've never done it before.

And without wanting to sound like too much of a girl - what do you wear? The website helpfully says no high heels.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
combat trousers.....big doc martin boots....thick socks.....T shirt...sweatshirt....combat jacket....nazi helmet......iron cross

ask junior if you can borrow his kalishnikov.....

more fun shooting at people then

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Soton Seagull said:
I would opt for gloves, I didn't wear them and got hit in the back of the hand early doors. Ended up with a virtual Egg where there is normally no flesh. Hurt quite a lot.

Damn good fun though.

Second that but leather fingerless ones are best - they allow you to reload without fumbling. Unless of course you're the type to fumble under heavy fire. :p

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
And where a black or brown hat cause it takes some of the pain away from head shots. I've been twice and i got hit in exactly the same place on the head, once with a hat on, and it does work.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Take a tip from someone speaking from experience - wear a cricket box !!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Best tip....................don't get shot:lolol:
I got shot under the chin from point blank range...............f###ing stung a bit and bled too:nono:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
i stood behind a shed once thinking noone could see me...but didnt realise there was a window exposing my nether-regions......my 'mate' stood the other side of the shed..pointed his gun through the window..and from 5 yards shot me....now that hurt....

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I got shot in the ear once - f***ing killed me.

Get the biggest f***-off semi-automatic gun you can.

Don't do a kamikaze Rambo style hero charge.

Great fun.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Paintballings the most fun ever, did it a year ago today actually!!!

Best tip is to stay low, and go for it, dont be one of the girls at the back who are too scared to attack - and the main rule is that you cant get hit in the face, so you can leave it in range and stay in!! do not taste the paint though, really disgusting.

Youll have great fun!!!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I managed to get hit twice on the head, once on the hairline and the second time on the forehead, I wouldn't have minded but the second time I was already dead and just lying on the ground, it was a fairly close shot and stung like hell.

I was a bit sceptical about doing it but despite it being at the end of November it was a nice sunny, but cold, day. Advice wrap up warm and wear several layers of clothing to cushion against bruises. Have to say that I would definitely give it a go again, perhaps in slightly more relaxed and less competitive circumstances than the first time.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
pasty said:
Take a tip from someone speaking from experience - wear a cricket box !!!

We all shoved newspaper down our pants for extra protection! :lolol:

If you listen to the advice given by the staff (never take the head gear off in the battlefield) you will be fine.

It is great fun, once you get over initial apprehension!

BendyThumbs

Feb 26, 2005
Toronto
A Cup!

If you have a cup then wear one!

Once i was playing and my friend decides to do a run for the other teams flag. He runs....and splat...right in the goolies. He dropped like a ton of bricks and stayed there for along time:clap: .

I second the gloves too, i have had my hand bleed before.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
My friend did paintballing and was hit in the face, left him permanently partly blinded. So be careful...

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I play alot of war type games.(its my job)

Keep low,dont run in a straight line.If you have to run across open ground then run and "weave".It make you a harder target to hit.

If you think someone has seen you and you go to ground into cover.DONT get up from the same place incase they saw where you went down and are waiting for you to pop up,crawl a few feet either left or right,then jump up.They wont be expecting you to appear from a different place to where they last saw you go down.

Also a tip for when firing the wapon at targets is NOT to "snatch" at the trigger because by the time your paintball comes out of the barrel it wont be on target.When pulling the trigger,do it slowly and softly and dont release it straight away,keep the trigger pressed down for about a second,then release it.This will improve your accuracy no end.

DONT WASTE YOUR AMMUNITION!!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
junior said:
I play alot of war type games.(its my job)

Keep low,dont run in a straight line.If you have to run across open ground then run and "weave".It make you a harder target to hit.

If you think someone has seen you and you go to ground into cover.DONT get up from the same place incase they saw where you went down and are waiting for you to pop up,crawl a few feet either left or right,then jump up.They wont be expecting you to appear from a different place to where they last saw you go down.

Also a tip for when firing the wapon at targets is NOT to "snatch" at the trigger because by the time your paintball comes out of the barrel it wont be on target.When pulling the trigger,do it slowly and softly and dont release it straight away,keep the trigger pressed down for about a second,then release it.This will improve your accuracy no end.

DONT WASTE YOUR AMMUNITION!!

Remind me not to go paintballing with you junior!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here