• Yes

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
its good to back up your claim. i dont think its one widely held in science. the quote does not indicate its a disorder you are born with, rather its saying that the compulsion, tendency towards inapporiate behaviour and poor judgment is due to physiological conditions. so if one has a tendency for A, be it paedophilia, necrophilia, risk taking, or tea drinking, one would be likly to act upon that. at least thats my reading of it. the whole nature/nurture debate is a long way from resolved but it seems to me this is much more likely an emotional problem drawn from upbringing rather than inate. it serves no purpose from a biological/evolution point of view either.

chemical castration at a minimum. the same old arguments come up against capital punishment, some fair, some not completely logical - people dont think about their actions and impact if acting compulsivly. but i'd err towards yes, for repeat offenders (ie the chemicals havnt worked). its not going to happen though.

More research should be undertaken into the issue, mainly due to the numbers of people who potentially suffer from this mental condition probably being far, far greater than most people expect.

But if as that research suggests it's along a similar path to those who say suffer from Tourettes then more work need to be done to help work out if potnetial paedophiles are actually able to be identified earlier in lfie and then be able to work with them psychologically before the problem does become an issue.

I'm not sure Castration really is the answer because is it really known if this will stop them fantasizing? It's the brain functions which are their issue, whether testosterone/estrogen is part of the problem i'm I don't know.

And if you castrate them what other issues will then arise. maybe they'll get angry and go on a murderous rampage.

It's a complicated issue that need far more research into it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Again, I think the word Paedophile has been sanatised and many on here flounce around wanting to 'understand' these poor lost souls and excuse it to as some kind of 'condition'.

I think maybe a reality check is needed here.

We are talking about predominatly males that will rape, torture, sodomise and brutalise yours and my children & babies given the chance.

The ones that get caught have been actively abusing children from puberty and the actions of these dispicable humans beings will physically and mentally scar these innocent children for life, if they are 'lucky' enough to survive their abuse.

So 'understand' if you want and smuggly tell everyone that 'we are civilised' as we offer these animals some State of the Art psycological unit with a duty of care for their own safety as they drain millions of pounds of our own taxes.

Well not me, not withstanding the 'beyond reasonable doubt' aspect, I say kill them and kill them slowly and I will rejoice everytime one has been put down like the dog they are.

That's how the Nazis used to talk about the Jews.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You serious ........

I think your missing the point, there really is a difference between Jews and Paedophiles.

You miss the point.

It's the point of undertaking actions against a whole group of people based on prejudice and at times down right lies.

Hypothetically, if you had a child and it turned out that they were a paedophile, would you be happy to pull the trigger on behalf of society?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Really ?I think thats a lot of bollocks ! but so what anyway? you're attempting to make someone feel guilty about expressing their extreme distaste for individuals who ruin young lives, by spouting over emotional nonsense about jews and nazis :lolol:

No, i'm merely saying that when people judge and codemn others to death with no real understanding of their true background it's nothing more than murder in itself.

This thread proves that there's a lot of people who would "kill a paedo" and yet have no idea that these people don't willingly choose to be the way they are nor realise what paedophile even means.

People seem to think anyone who molests a child is a paedophile, which is incorrect.

A Paedophile suffers from a psychological disorder. A child molesteror can be a straight or gay person during 99% of the rest of their sexual activities.

Molestation is an anti-social behavior. Paedophilia is an orientation.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
You miss the point.

It's the point of undertaking actions against a whole group of people based on prejudice and at times down right lies.

Hypothetically, if you had a child and it turned out that they were a paedophile, would you be happy to pull the trigger on behalf of society?

Wow, this is a strange outlook.

My views are prejudice against adults that brutalise children, sometimes exacting the most extreme cruelty for their own depraved sexual gratification.

You haven't yet articulated your own view on say a man that raped a baby.

You spout similarities with tourettes and you rather bizarre holocaust analogy.

But forget about this word paedophile, and lets talk about men ( mainly ) sodomising and raping young children.

There might be a million reasons why anyone might inflict such a terrible crime against our children, but I would have no problem killing any of them.

I am consistent on my view on punishment whether that be a family member or not.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The death penalty has been proved to be no deterrent for any crime. The problem with paedophiles is that most cannot control themselves, they have an addiction which compels them to do appalling things. The only real solution is chemical castration or life meaning life and not a tariff. There's no way that these people should be allowed to enter into 'normal' society as they are so often repeat offenders. I'm not excusing their acts but the truth is that they act on impulses that most people cannot even imagine. Prevention is the only cure.

It's worth noting that sex offenders are isolated from the rest of a prison population for their own safety. They in fact often have a better facilities as their segregation excludes them from sporting and other activities such as going to the chapel (it;s a good skive on a Sunday). It's a myth that they are subject to physical abuse from other inmates much as some would like it to be.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Wow, this is a strange outlook.

My views are prejudice against adults that brutalise children, sometimes exacting the most extreme cruelty for their own depraved sexual gratification.

You haven't yet articulated your own view on say a man that raped a baby.

You spout similarities with tourettes and you rather bizarre holocaust analogy.

But forget about this word paedophile, and lets talk about men ( mainly ) sodomising and raping young children.

There might be a million reasons why anyone might inflict such a terrible crime against our children, but I would have no problem killing any of them.

I am consistent on my view on punishment whether that be a family member or not.

It's not a strange outlook, it's called keeping an open mind. Although perhaps that is a strange concept to you.

I didn't spout anything to do with Tourettes, that was scientific research being quoted, something that obviously carries no weight with you as you know it all already.

My view on a man who raped a baby? Well i'd love to find out why he raped the baby and what drove him to do it.

Know why? So that maybe potentially we can identify why this happens and the summise can we identify people who may be potentially capable of doing this and intervening much earlier on.

Though you'd have already killed him so we'd still be none the wiser as to why this happens.

Nobody in this thread is adovocating anything people who abuse children do. But you head down a slippery path of Authoritarianism if you start killing people who have perpetrated crimes agaisnt others.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If the state (government) really wanted to address this issue they should build a facility for people with this condition to live at.

I think you'd find if a safe and healthy environment was provided for these people many would in a sense turn themselves in if it could be assured to them that it would prevent them from being near children.

A great deal of these people feel remorse for their actions, offering them a chance to ensure they could avoid it would possibly appeal to them.

It would also give the medical field a chance to study the condition in depth with so many test subjects.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The death penalty has been proved to be no deterrent for any crime. The problem with paedophiles is that most cannot control themselves, they have an addiction which compels them to do appalling things. The only real solution is chemical castration or life meaning life and not a tariff. There's no way that these people should be allowed to enter into 'normal' society as they are so often repeat offenders. I'm not excusing their acts but the truth is that they act on impulses that most people cannot even imagine. Prevention is the only cure.

It's worth noting that sex offenders are isolated from the rest of a prison population for their own safety. They in fact often have a better facilities as their segregation excludes them from sporting and other activities such as going to the chapel (it;s a good skive on a Sunday). It's a myth that they are subject to physical abuse from other inmates much as some would like it to be.

I accept that there are degrees of paedophilia, but in this instance I am talking about the very extremes extremes of their behaviour.

Thankfully it is still extremely rare for those that abuse to such a grotesque extent, which in my view should warrant the death penalty.

But my view remains that these individuals are so depraved that whether or not any penalty might be a deterrent is irrelevant.

I find their crime so repugnant that the death penalty is the only viable punishment.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
If the state (government) really wanted to address this issue they should build a facility for people with this condition to live at.

I think you'd find if a safe and healthy environment was provided for these people many would in a sense turn themselves in if it could be assured to them that it would prevent them from being near children.

A great deal of these people feel remorse for their actions, offering them a chance to ensure they could avoid it would possibly appeal to them.

It would also give the medical field a chance to study the condition in depth with so many test subjects.

The state have found them somewhere to live at ....... its called PRISON.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The state have found them somewhere to live at ....... its called PRISON.

Prison doesn't fix anything.

And you can't put a paedophile who has commited no crimes into a prison.

Build a facility where they can go BEFORE they commit a crime and you have a chance to work with them and study the condition.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Build a facility where they can go BEFORE they commit a crime and you have a chance to work with them and study the condition.

Such facilities have been created in the past but the problem is that many paedophiles are recidivists and cannot be 'cured' as they are not in control of themselves. Granted the death penalty is one way of preventing these people committing more crimes but as has been said before it's a situation that leaves us as morally bankrupt and the paedophiles.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
I used to hold a fairly liberal view not disimilar to Tyrone's about paedophilia being a condition that needed to be understood so we could properly treat it.

Then I got the job I currently do, working with vulnerable young adults, some of whom have been sexually abused by someone when they were as young as 3. To say they are all struggling to cope with life would be untrue. Some deal with the emotional issues very well and compartmentalise it and get on with their lives. Many struggle with sexuality and emotional issues for the rest of their lives. When we talk about paedophiles being put in a prison cell and abused by other prisoners, remember they have a release date. Many victims of paedophilia have a life sentence. When we try to understand the issues we need to understand that first and foremost.

Having said that I dont believe in capital punishment for so many reasons. most of them already discussed here. Nor do i claim to have simple answers. I do think we need to study and know more to understand how to deal with it.

I would also say, as someone of jewish heritage, to equate the atrocities and why the nazis persecuted many ethnic groups, with the way some people have suggested paedophiles should be dealt with is highly offensive and somewhat lacking in the understanding he claims he is exercising. I accept it may have been a badly thought out comment, in these cases an apology is usually appropriate.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006

Oh dear ......... and how exactly would you assess who might be a paedophile then, before they might have committed their crime ?

You expecting them to come forward before they abuse a child then, long shot mate.

I find it strange how you and your mates that love to tell everyone that 'I have an open mind' talk such twaddle.

As I have stated my view is on those that have committed extreme sexual and physical violence towards children.

You want special psychologists and doctors to find out there 'reasons', what a load of twaddle.

They are depraved liars, that prey on the most vulnerable within our society and no amount of dna and psychological will offer a magic bullet to their actions.

They remain in my view vermin that deserve no special attention other than the death sentence.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sadly, as i am sure i have reported somewhere before in this vast library of opinion, i had around two months of a job scouring sites on MSN to find paedophile material. Of course i was untrained to do this or know how to handle what i saw, having previously just been hired to find mostly comical sexual stuff to delete from MSN's files. Fortunately i didn't find an enormous amount, but then it's difficult to think of an agreeable number to locate. Some of the images were shocking. I didn't see any films, but stills. Mainly they were little free sites for these people to discuss their "successes" and i suppose in some ways both justify their actions and feel less alone with it. The sites were advertised as something innocent, something to draw no attention to itself. It was only the number of members of each site that gave away the alarming stuff within. If any site had 4,000 members or more, i'd crushingly wince, but know i was paid to peer inside. Horrible stuff. Horrible.
Despite seeing some images of undoubted cruelty i sometimes hate to close my eyes to remember, i couldn't vote on the side of hanging or gassing any individual to death. There are some real monsters out there, more than we'll ever calculate, but i, or the state claiming to represent me, should never have the right to put someone to death and set that precedent for the destruction of "evil" in such a way.
Nothing could ever excuse what a paedophile does or the urges they have, but nothing should ever excuse any change in law that stipulates that certain people deserve to be slain for what they have done.

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham

Prison does fix one thing. It prevents them being able to destroy more young lives.

And i agree you cant punish someone who hasnt yet committed a crime. By the same token you cant force someone who hasnt committed a crime into any facility on the basis of their thoughts.

So what we are left with is working with those people who are ashamed of their thoughts and voluntarily seek to have treatment. Pretty much where we are now.

Leaving aside your wonderful way with words, I never thought we essentially disagreed. However trying to be provocative on a subject so controversial is bound to lead you into corners you cant get out of.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Oh dear ......... and how exactly would you assess who might be a paedophile then, before they might have committed their crime ?

This is what we need to research on. There's plenty of research in other areas going onto in terms of developing methods to assess a myriad of conditions which might be present before a baby is ever born.

You expecting them to come forward before they abuse a child then, long shot mate.

Not as long as you would think. But even if 50 of them put themselves in isn't that a good thing?

I find it strange how you and your mates that love to tell everyone that 'I have an open mind' talk such twaddle.

Well that's better than having a closed mind and already having made a judgement without all of the facts.

As I have stated my view is on those that have committed extreme sexual and physical violence towards children.

Nobody is saying that your repulsion is unwarranted, we all would be repulsed. But your method of dealing with it does stuff all to stop it happening again. It might stop one person doing it again. But for every one person yuo kill there's 100 more out there.

I'd rather try and work out how to stop those 100 offending than concentrating on shooting the one who has.

You want special psychologists and doctors to find out there 'reasons', what a load of twaddle.

Yeah I do actually. It's what Police do to when they investigate crimes. Find out why certain things happen.

They are depraved liars, that prey on the most vulnerable within our society and no amount of dna and psychological will offer a magic bullet to their actions.

How do you know? Going by your mindset we should never try to find a cure to anything.

They remain in my view vermin that deserve no special attention other than the death sentence.

And so killing them somehow makes you righteous and not in the slightest hypocritical?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Prison does fix one thing. It prevents them being able to destroy more young lives.

And i agree you cant punish someone who hasnt yet committed a crime. By the same token you cant force someone who hasnt committed a crime into any facility on the basis of their thoughts.

So what we are left with is working with those people who are ashamed of their thoughts and voluntarily seek to have treatment. Pretty much where we are now.

Leaving aside your wonderful way with words, I never thought we essentially disagreed. However trying to be provocative on a subject so controversial is bound to lead you into corners you cant get out of.

Even sex offenders espeically first timers don't get life.

Then what happens when they come out? Governments shift them around trying to hide them while offering minimal support for their condition.

Have facilities specifically to deal with their issues where they aren't made to feal like utter freaks might go a ways to being able to monitor them and gain more of an understanding in regards to treatments.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here