• Yes

Votes: 34 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 72 67.9%

• Total voters

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Why do you wank? Did your Dad first teach you too?

Before having someone killed I prefer to actually find out why they are like they are.

tyrone just two of the gems in your mad post. possibly one of the most demented things i have ever read on here. i cannot breath for laughing.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
tyrone just two of the gems in your mad post. possibly one of the most demented things i have ever read on here. i cannot breath for laughing.

Maybe you should read it again. TB is 100% spot on with this.

Sexual deviance is a natural part of human life. Now, I'm not saying that you shouldn't protect children and vulnerable people from nutters, but all of the evidence from around the world suggests that having the death penalty for crimes such as these deosn't stop people committing them.

Just like in the states where they believe that you're born with your religion but homosexuality is a lifestyle choice! f***ing morons.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
but all of the evidence from around the world suggests that having the death penalty for crimes such as these deosn't stop people committing them.

may be you should read my post again more like. no where do i say he is wrong. just its a mad post.

i have not heard of any ghost paedos to answer your point.

Last edited:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I would agree almost word for word with what Tyrone first posted, I have never believed that any country that kills its own citizens as punishment has any right to consider itself civilised.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
I would agree almost word for word with what Tyrone first posted, I have never believed that any country that kills its own citizens for punishment has any right to consider itself civilised.

indeed. in the entire history of humanity capital punishment has existed and been prevalent. now sectors of a few wealthy comfortable countries have (in an eyeblink of history) decided that not having it is the benchmark of a civilised society. i think anyone who doesnt appreciate the inherent ridiculousness and arrogance of that position (not saying its wrong or not morally superior which it arguably is) is not thinking things through properly. and therefore their judgement is suspect to say the least on this issue. all i am saying is that not pretty much everyone who ever walked the earth before you popped out is necessarily wrong.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
though i find the 'hang the animal scum' mentality worrying and offensive, and i agree in part with TB's posts that urge greater understanding of the motives of these people - their actions are still the unacceptable and immoral actions of the mentally unhealthy. their actions are still despicable.

this is because of the most important fact that needs pointing out - the victim children have no say in such encounters.

paedophilia is not just an abnormal but scientifically understandable state of mind when it becomes action. when it becomes action it becomes abuse of the most foul kind, in a way any sexual exchange between consenting adults of whatever gender etc, will never be.

roman and greek societies may have normalised paedophilia but then slavery was a common reality in those times too.

we aren't finished yet, but we are more civilised than those societies (however great in antiquity they were) and in these times we have moral conventions that are correctly judged self-evident, conventions that all healthy and sane people agree with and observe utterly.

abuse of the defenceless is unacceptable. abuse of children is unacceptable.

the death penalty is not the answer because the law is not infallible to miscarriages of justice. that is what our society decided fifty or so years ago.
as has been said, those that cross the line of (unhealthy) idea, into (unacceptable) action, and are caught, will suffer enough in prison anyway.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
may be you should read my post again more like. no where do i say he is wrong. just its a mad post.

i have not heard of any ghost paedos to answer your point.

Surely the point is about the deterrence effect of the death penalty? The death penalty for the sake of retribution, in my eyes, is a pretty sick concept, particularly considering the arbitrary and often racist way that the courts deal out 'justice' in our civilised societies.

So no, I'm not suggesting that dead paedos will be coming back from the grave to fiddle with sleeping children.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
This

Going out on a limb here: I almost feel sorry for them, if they are of sound enough mind to realize its socially unnacceptable and have to wrestle with innate sexual urges while acting withing the laws of the land and they succeed then I actually have a lot of respect for them because I couldn't imagine having to do that my self...

Obviously those who act on their urges and desires should be made to account and be punished for them but killing some one for this crime (or any crime)? Doesn't sit well. Too many errors could be made and the fact you can kill people for crimes they were always going to committ makes me feel just as sick as those hearing about those crimes we'd be punishing.

This... Those who do eventually act on their sexual preference go through a normalisation process where by over a period of time they first fantasise about acting on their urges etc and then reach a point where they believe what they are fantasising about isn't abnormal or sick. This can be over a long period of time, and many never get to the point of acting on their fantasies, and obviously like you said there a lot of people who sound minded enough never to start this process in the first place.
It's interesting the way the mass media portray paedophiles as monsters, where as in reality, sadly the vast majority of the time the perpetrator is known to the family of the victim (extended family, family friend etc).

(I know all this through a module on my MA)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
What a civilised bunch us Brighton fans are. I was expecting a lot more of the 'fecking stone them to death' brigade to be posting. Maybe they're still hungover after attending a 'Sexy School Disco' night at a shitty club.

thejackal

Throbbing Member
Oct 22, 2008
Brighthelmstone
This... Those who do eventually act on their sexual preference go through a normalisation process where by over a period of time they first fantasise about acting on their urges etc and then reach a point where they believe what they are fantasising about isn't abnormal or sick. This can be over a long period of time, and many never get to the point of acting on their fantasies, and obviously like you said there a lot of people who sound minded enough never to start this process in the first place.
It's interesting the way the mass media portray paedophiles as monsters, where as in reality, sadly the vast majority of the time the perpetrator is known to the family of the victim (extended family, family friend etc).

(I know all this through a module on my MA)

Yes definitely, although this goes against some of what TB was saying. There's a lot of evidence to suggest that far from being an innate thing, paedophilia is passed on through abuse - in other words, a large number of paedophiles were indeed abused when they were young.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
So there you go, scientic research which indicates they are very much ruled by a disorder they were potentially born with.

its good to back up your claim. i dont think its one widely held in science. the quote does not indicate its a disorder you are born with, rather its saying that the compulsion, tendency towards inapporiate behaviour and poor judgment is due to physiological conditions. so if one has a tendency for A, be it paedophilia, necrophilia, risk taking, or tea drinking, one would be likly to act upon that. at least thats my reading of it. the whole nature/nurture debate is a long way from resolved but it seems to me this is much more likely an emotional problem drawn from upbringing rather than inate. it serves no purpose from a biological/evolution point of view either.

chemical castration at a minimum. the same old arguments come up against capital punishment, some fair, some not completely logical - people dont think about their actions and impact if acting compulsivly. but i'd err towards yes, for repeat offenders (ie the chemicals havnt worked). its not going to happen though.

Lush

Mods' Pet
It's not a crime, for which you can take your punishment and get out. It's a mental affliction that causes untold harm to vulnerable members of today's society.

These people should therefore be removed from society until they are no longer a threat - in the more extreme cases their only option will be life imprisonment or chemical castration

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Again, I think the word Paedophile has been sanatised and many on here flounce around wanting to 'understand' these poor lost souls and excuse it to as some kind of 'condition'.

I think maybe a reality check is needed here.

We are talking about predominatly males that will rape, torture, sodomise and brutalise yours and my children & babies given the chance.

The ones that get caught have been actively abusing children from puberty and the actions of these dispicable humans beings will physically and mentally scar these innocent children for life, if they are 'lucky' enough to survive their abuse.

So 'understand' if you want and smuggly tell everyone that 'we are civilised' as we offer these animals some State of the Art psycological unit with a duty of care for their own safety as they drain millions of pounds of our own taxes.

Well not me, not withstanding the 'beyond reasonable doubt' aspect, I say kill them and kill them slowly and I will rejoice everytime one has been put down like the dog they are.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The thing that strikes me is when faced with someone from the "hang-em high" brigade, if you ask them whether they would be prepared to flick the switch or pull the lever that condemned someone to death their answer is invariably a resounding no, they expect someone else to do it on their behalf.

In the case of paedophiles I agree with what Lush posted, to a degree, in that I don't agree with the chemical castration bit. As far as I am concerned that isn't far off torture or mutilation, another act that I consider should not exist when defining a decent society. However, I do accept the argument that paedophilia is an illness that cannot be cured and that incarceration is the only way to protect society from those who have it.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
The thing that strikes me is when faced with someone from the "hang-em high" brigade, if you ask them whether they would be prepared to flick the switch or pull the lever that condemned someone to death their answer is invariably a resounding no, they expect someone else to do it on their behalf.

In the case of paedophiles I agree with what Lush posted, to a degree, in that I don't agree with the chemical castration bit. As far as I am concerned that isn't far off torture or mutilation, another act that I consider should not exist when defining a decent society. However, I do accept the argument that paedophilia is an illness that cannot be cured and that incarceration is the only way to protect society from those who have it.

plenty of people expect the justice system to do stuff for them. i am sure you do. its hardly a moral contradiction to support capital punishment (which i have no real view on to clear up as it is not coming back in this country, i just have a view on ill thought out arguments received wisdom nonsense and empty posturing) but not be prepared to perform the actual execution. societies since the dawn of time have divided jobs amongst those most temperamentally suited. going back to my point that swaggering around thinking you have it right against thousands of years of historical precedence is ridiculously arrogant and adolescent. capital punishment may be wrong, but societies who have had it for hundreds or thousands of years have got us to this point in our development. so maybe they were right?

are you going to guard those you life off deal with their misbehaviour, rehabilitation and punishment. i doubt it? its a slightly less traumatic job than actually judicially killing someone in cold blood, but no different in principle apart from your own personal qualms and fears.

i love the fact you think that 'would you pull the lever yourself' is game set and match in a capital punishment debate. it shows a frightening lack of analysis.

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Again, I think the word Paedophile has been sanatised and many on here flounce around wanting to 'understand' these poor lost souls and excuse it to as some kind of 'condition'.

I think maybe a reality check is needed here.

We are talking about predominatly males that will rape, torture, sodomise and brutalise yours and my children & babies given the chance.

The ones that get caught have been actively abusing children from puberty and the actions of these dispicable humans beings will physically and mentally scar these innocent children for life, if they are 'lucky' enough to survive their abuse.

So 'understand' if you want and smuggly tell everyone that 'we are civilised' as we offer these animals some State of the Art psycological unit with a duty of care for their own safety as they drain millions of pounds of our own taxes.

Well not me, not withstanding the 'beyond reasonable doubt' aspect, I say kill them and kill them slowly and I will rejoice everytime one has been put down like the dog they are.
I think this is a problem people have with the string 'em up lot, they do seem like they type it with one hand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here