Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy McCourt

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
His moments of brilliants seem few and far between and does not seem to directly create that much.

Had a decent'ish record at Celtic as a squad player but was surrounded by better players and was playing against pub teams.

Only played 14 times in 12 years at international level and Northern Island are not exactly awash with decent options.

On the face of it this would be a waste of a signing and a signing a league 1 o bottom of championship club would be making.

WhiteyBFC

Aug 23, 2012
Paddy is an absolute genius. On his day. I've been watching Barnsley for 26 years and other than Craig Hignett I can't recall a player so breathtaking to watch, with the added extra of wondering just how he did/does it. But as amazing as he is to watch when he's on his day, attacking etc, there's **** all else there. He's a spare wheel. And in games where you're struggling etc he may as well be sat with you in the crowd.

He wasn't on much money here, about 3k I was told. He didn't leave due to cost cutting either. He left because once Flitcroft and Mellon departed, Danny Wilson didn't rate or play him for most of his four months. He was released because Danny didn't want him.

For a good side, doing better than we were, he'd be ideal at that level off the bench for 30 minutes as a game changer. Or, from the start at home against poor defenders.

I think it's a gamble for Brighton, but wouldn't knock it.

If you like graft, hard work etc, you'll hate him. If flair and laziness is your cuppa tea, you'll adore him.

I don't think there's many players in the history of football that I've seen be it live or on video etc that can do things Paddy can.

Good luck to you.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Paddy is an absolute genius. On his day. I've been watching Barnsley for 26 years and other than Craig Hignett I can't recall a player so breathtaking to watch, with the added extra of wondering just how he did/does it. But as amazing as he is to watch when he's on his day, attacking etc, there's **** all else there. He's a spare wheel. And in games where you're struggling etc he may as well be sat with you in the crowd.

He wasn't on much money here, about 3k I was told. He didn't leave due to cost cutting either. He left because once Flitcroft and Mellon departed, Danny Wilson didn't rate or play him for most of his four months. He was released because Danny didn't want him.

For a good side, doing better than we were, he'd be ideal at that level off the bench for 30 minutes as a game changer. Or, from the start at home against poor defenders.

I think it's a gamble for Brighton, but wouldn't knock it.

If you like graft, hard work etc, you'll hate him. If flair and laziness is your cuppa tea, you'll adore him.

I don't think there's many players in the history of football that I've seen be it live or on video etc that can do things Paddy can.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for that.

I'm drooling at the prospect of a duo of McCourt and Agustien bossing the midfield.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here