Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

P.C. gone mad...AGAIN!

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
My son,11, came home from school yesterday,a bit upset and confused,when I asked him what the matter was he replied that he had been told off by two of the teachers and had 20mins. golden time taken away (this is free time at the end of the week to play on computers etc..) It turns out that during a football match he was playing in,he kept scoring goals and subsequently had been told not to as it was unsporting and he should have been giving the other team more of a chance! I just don`t know what to say,needless to say I am going up the School to see the Headmistress to find out what the f*** is going on,but,what chance does this country stand if this is the type of total bollocks of an education our kids are receiving.No wonder the Country is in such a f***ing mess!!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Could do a job?

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
My son,11, came home from school yesterday,a bit upset and confused,when I asked him what the matter was he replied that he had been told off by two of the teachers and had 20mins. golden time taken away (this is free time at the end of the week to play on computers etc..) It turns out that during a football match he was playing in,he kept scoring goals and subsequently had been told not to as it was unsporting and he should have been giving the other team more of a chance! I just don`t know what to say,needless to say I am going up the School to see the Headmistress to find out what the f*** is going on,but,what chance does this country stand if this is the type of total bollocks of an education our kids are receiving.No wonder the Country is in such a f***ing mess!!

Thats like the sports day at my sons school where there are no winners, and they won't correct every spelling mistake on any piece of work (because it would knock their confidence) - so instead they think lose is spelt like loose etc.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Oh, I don't know...why can't they have another chance..it's a funny thing called competition.

On second thought, it's not related, but when my brother was in primary school, he played in goal for the school team, and at training they used to play against themselves. My brother never let a goal in and some chavvy burk kicked the shit out of him for not letting him score. I can't understand the logic of some of these people.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
Err, yeah.

I should probably let you know at this point that it has been known for 11 year olds to bend the truth SLIGHTLY. I am guessing that there may be more to this story than.... your son got detention for scoring goals.

When did the culture change in this country where every parent started believing every single syllable their child uttered, and when did we start taking their word over the authority figures paid to keep them in line?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
What's this got to do with Political Correctness then?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's like the sports day at my sons school where there are no winners, and they won't correct every spelling mistake on any piece of work (because it would knock their confidence) - so instead they think lose is spelt like loose etc.

If we are correcting all spelling and grammatical errors.

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Err, yeah.

I should probably let you know at this point that it has been known for 11 year olds to bend the truth SLIGHTLY. I am guessing that there may be more to this story than.... your son got detention for scoring goals.

When did the culture change in this country where every parent started believing every single syllable their child uttered, and when did we start taking their word over the authority figures paid to keep them in line?

I think I know when my son is lying,just as I do when he is genuinely upset by something,I also know some of the P.C. teachers at his school and this incident is just one of many similar ones experienced by other parents.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Err, yeah.

This. The never-ending set of excuses that we produced for not finishing our homework were mini-masterpieces. I don't think anyone was abducted by aliens but that was about the only thing that didn't happen.

I take with a pinch of salt, everything my kids tell me about school.

What's more scandalous in my mind is that if the kids want to do football at school then the parents have to pay extra - that's something that wouldn't have happened 30 or 40 years ago. When did that come in?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think I know when my son is lying,just as I do when he is genuinely upset by something,I also know some of the P.C. teachers at his school and this incident is just one of many similar ones experienced by other parents.

To be fair, I don't think the guy was suggesting your boy was lying, merely that there may be slightly more to it than he's told you, that's all.

Would be interesting to hear the schools version of events after your visit.

It does seem a little far fetched but in this day and age, who knows.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I don't think anyone was suggesting your son was lying, but if you fully understand the mind of a 11 yr old, you need to write a book as you will make a lot of money, and help an awful lot of parents, and awful lot! I'd suggest keeping an open mind prior to charging down the school, could well be a perfectly acceptable explanation.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
when my son was playing for his school at left back the match had gone on a while without a goal so he moved up and scored a cracker only to be taken off for not playing in his little defensive square at left back the same teacher then took him off the cricket field for first bowling with both arms and then changing his stance from left to right when batting.

was this ungentlemanly conduct or just using the brain he was born with

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
the same teacher then took him off the cricket field for first bowling with both arms and then changing his stance from left to right when batting.

was this ungentlemanly conduct or just using the brain he was born with

If he did not tell the umpire first about the change, then that is not allowed and the teacher was correct to do it..........

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If he did not tell the umpire first about the change, then that is not allowed and the teacher was correct to do it..........

Umpire ................what umpire?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here