Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen out for 5 months

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Sky News have just reported that Michael Owen will be out for 5 months after his knee exploded during the game between England and Sweden.

This leaves us with just 2 strikers in Crouch and Rooney, and one of those is coming back after injury himself. And an untried kid as backup What a stupid descision to bring Theo, Sven should be sacked. :jester:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
shit:nono:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
What a surprise! Bet Newcastle are loving it not!!!! How much did he cost and how many game shas he played for them.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Deano's Right Foot said:
It actually exploded?

That sounds extremely painful.

Well maybe not exploded, I may have made that bit up, but he will be out for 5 months according to Sky News.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
poor sod has no luck with injuries

so much for him being top scorer

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Scotty M said:
poor sod has no luck with injuries

so much for him being top scorer
Were it not for injuries then he would already have smashed the England goalscoring record already.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
joey_jo_jo_jr_shabadoo said:

sorry, knee jerk response, I think it was pretty obvious that Owens injury wasn't a tweak and we wouldn't be seeing him again, however, we have more than 2 strikers and a wealth of top quality attacking midfielders, we won our group, we have an easier than expected next round, so things aint that bad !

I sincerely believe Sven would have brought Theo Walcott on last night had Owen not got injured/and or Ferditwat had not gone off early, sometimes you get forced into decisions, we will see him though theres no reason not to bring him into a match

as I said earlier . . .remember Owen in 98 . . .

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
injury after injury :nono:

gerrard could be player of the tournament if played in proper position. Unfortunately we cant try out any other systems as should of done this before WC . I would be inclined to stack the midfield and play Rooney on his own. . . . bringing Crouch on as a plan B, No system is ideal and all have a flaw though

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Feel very sorry for Owen so now we must start with Rooney and Crouch and suggest Gerrard as back up forward as clearly Theo will not be picked.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A blow, but not a devastating loss really. We have enough back up if we want to play 4-5-1 with Rooney flying solo.

Walcott can do a job. You don't have to have Premiership experience to perform well in the world cup.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
We've got LOADS of options before we have to play Walcott. Crouch and Rooney, Crouch and Gerrard, Rooney and Gerrard, Rooeny on his own with two attacking players in support are all options. Walcott may not even be called upon but may be brought in to add some pace into the attack though even then I'd bring Lennon on up front. Yes he only took 4 strikers but we were never going to need 5 and we didn't have enough decent strikers to warrant that anyway.

Edit: Poor bloke, it was a really shitty thing to happen too.

Last edited:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Deano's Right Foot said:
It actually exploded?

Yeah - it was an al qaeda sucide ant got lucky. On the right blade of grass at the right time, though rumour has it he was after Ljungberg for his unholy pants advertising

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Voroshilov said:
Yeah - it was an al qaeda sucide ant got lucky. On the right blade of grass at the right time, though rumour has it he was after Ljungberg for his unholy pants advertising
I wonder if this terrorist ant has been paying tax on its too-implausibly-large-to-carry-leaf collection? I doubt it somehow! :Littlejohn:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BarrelofFun said:
A blow, but not a devastating loss really. We have enough back up if we want to play 4-5-1 with Rooney flying solo.

Unfortunately, Rooney is totally unsuited to the lone striker role; his game is about dropping off and picking the ball up from deep - a lone striker needs to lead the line and hold the ball up. Without Defoe, we're f***ed.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Repugnant Toad said:
Without Defoe, we're f***ed.

Not really, there are much better lone strikers than Defoe and we aren't going to leave Rooney out to play anyone else as a lone striker and definately not to play Defoe if we had to leave Rooney out. Therefore it will be Crouch and Rooney starting unless one gets injured or suspended.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here