Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Owen is coming!!!

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
This is the article in today's sun

BRIGHTON are preparing an audacious bid to land Michael Owen.
The Championship club want to bring the Manchester United striker to the Amex Stadium to help their quest for the play-offs.
United would demand only a nominal fee for the striker, 32, who they signed for free from Newcastle in 2009.
Owen has always said he would not be prepared to slip down the leagues.
But the chance of regular football with Gus Poyet's ambitious side might appeal.
Owen's chances at Old Trafford are limited even when he is fit. Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck, Javier Hernandez and Dimi Berbatov are all ahead of him in the pecking order.
He has started just 18 games for United and come on as a sub a further 34 times, scoring 17 goals.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Another sicknote. Would be food for shirt sales though

Sent from my phone using my nose

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Not withstanding the fact that we've been here before with this nonsense. Why the hell would fergie do any business with Gus after pissing him off over the Evra racism row.

Sent by Derek Achora via the spirit world.

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
If he can stay fit then Micheal Owens movement is top class and will crucify some of the defenders at this level, he single destroyed Leeds united in the cup earlier this season imagine how much room he would create

Still can't see it but we know the link with Mr Bloom is strong

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Thanks but no thanks Michael.

Would you actually turn down Owen? I'm not saying its likely but Owen is still top drawer player with bags to offer. If, big if, he's fit he'll be a monstrous signing.

But he almost definately won't sign...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Commercial value?

When was the last time Owen was relevant?

We'd get an initial flurry of TV and press, but bums on seats (all sold) and names on shirts Owen won't make any difference at all.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Radio 2 sports news at 7am.....hes coming.....he will do us until the end of the season....

Think of the commercial value....

As much as I would like this to happen, mostly to stick two fingers up at the people on here who called me a liar and a **** when I first posted about the possibility of this happening in the summer, this quote is in fact misleading. Vassos Alexander told Chris Evens that on the back page of the Sun it said that Michael Owen was off to ......... Brighton and Hove Albion.
At no point was it mentioned that he 'was' coming

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Unlike many on here I've seen Owen a few times play in the flesh(and not on telly) as there was a spell around 4 years ago that I went to a few England games and Owen was, without doubt, the best striker I have seen.

What he would give to the other attacking players is the ability to be able to draw opposition defenders out of position with his diagonal runs. This could benefit CMS so much as all of a sudden he'd have space to use his pace in and would open up goalscoring chances for him.

Anyway for what it's worth- I don't think he'll come down but it would be a real coup if he did!

Sent from my iPhone using a goat

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
My mum has just rung me now telling me he is coming. It must be true now. :D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here