Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oversleeping Problem - Any ideas?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A colleague of mine is a really deep sleeper and her alarm clock sometimes fails to wake her, even though it's on a setting so loud, her neighbours complain that it wakes them up!

Does anyone know of any other ways of waking someone up in the morning (keep it clean!!!). I've heard you can get vibrating alarm clocks. Does anyone know where you can get one?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
can you have anyway of having headphones plugged into an alarm clock so only you hear them? also put a timer on a lamp and put the lamp next to your face so the light forces u awake...though thinking about it you could just throw off the headphones and turn away from the lamp. damn

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Wire her feet to the national grid which inturn is wired to a timer.

obviously!

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Just get her to strap her mobile phone to her arm (or another part of her body!!). Most of them have vibrate for the alarm and for mine (K700i) you dont even need to have the phone on,

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
I use reminder call on the telephone.

I can ignore a alrm but I can never ignore a phone ringing it may be important.

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
I've got that problem couldn't get up for a 1 o'clock lecture yesterday. I've got three alarms and my housemates try waking me up but it just doesn't happen.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just get an alarm that plays the Eastenders theme.
No woman can resist that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Give up sleeping.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
you have to break the deep sleep. try another alarm set say 15-30 minutes earlier, or a radio alarm maybe.

Seagull Stew

Try subliminal messaging to try to induce a nightmare.
Get her to record herself on cd or tape and use it as the alarm. Doesn't need to be loud just enough so subconciously she can her herself saying "I take you, Ian Dowie, to be my lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold" etc.

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Get the track "Wake me up before you go,go" by Wham taped and play it very loud by her ear, over and over again.That might work.Or "Get up out of your lazy bed,before I count to 3,jump to it baby"Try them they might work.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Bobby's Gull said:
I've got that problem couldn't get up for a 1 o'clock lecture yesterday. I've got three alarms and my housemates try waking me up but it just doesn't happen.

:eek:

Jesus Bliss!!

I hope you're up earlier on Sat??!

1.30 - OK?

Edx

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
A cat tiptoeing past the window normally does it for me

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Jimmy Saville said:
A colleague of mine is a really deep sleeper and her alarm clock sometimes fails to wake her, even though it's on a setting so loud, her neighbours complain that it wakes them up!

Does anyone know of any other ways of waking someone up in the morning (keep it clean!!!). I've heard you can get vibrating alarm clocks. Does anyone know where you can get one?

From what I've heard, going to bed a little earlier and a little more sober would probably help. :lolol:

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Many years ago i had one of those ``teasmades`` that had a long thin u shaped spout and would squirt scalding hot water into a cup.This particular model would though squirt half of the water over you (if it was close enough to the bed) as it was obviously faulty.

As soon as you heard the first gurgle or hiss from the machine you tended to jump out of bed pretty damn rapid.
I never overslept in those days.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Some great ideas there including scolding, becoming an insomniac, electrocution and subliminal messages!

My missus is a nutrionist, so i'm getting her on the case as well and yes Sully, you have correctly identified the oversleeper!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here