Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Over 36 and not been vaccinated yet? [Aged 36 and over - see post 193]

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Anyone had any side effects from the vaccine? I had my first dose on Tuesday and woke up on Wednesday feeling like I had an 8 pint hangover.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Anyone had any side effects from the vaccine? I had my first dose on Tuesday and woke up on Wednesday feeling like I had an 8 pint hangover.

Had the Moderna last Friday, sore arm for 24 hrs and then nothing else
Wife had AZ 2 months ago, woke up at 2am feeling rough, took some paracetamol, went back to sleep and only had a sore arm for a few days
Other people have had nothing, others 2/3 days of feeling awful.

Not sure there is any rhyme or reason why some people are getting it worse than others. Yours sounds pretty reasonable.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
If they could stop opening it up to a new category long enough for me to book an appointment I can get to that would be great.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

I had what I would describe as a hard punched dead arm for 2 days. I had the jab Monday, and still feel tender and a bit of a dead arm this morning. Felt a little bit meh the next day, but not on a hangover scale. (Moderna)

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

AstraZeneca yesterday afternoon. Sleepless night with high fever, constant tossing & turning. Paracetamol not really hitting the sides. Nausea and headache have joined the party this morning. Feeling very sorry for myself but still relieved I got the jab.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
I had AZ last weekend. Had what amounted to low-end Flu-like symptoms (elevated temperature that initially gave me uncontrollable shivers, achy legs, headache, etc) for a bit, but nothing major.

Had heard that the Pfizer jab can apparently cause frozen shoulder and other significant shoulder joint problems.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017

Nurse went in a bit over enthusiastically with the needle (felt it scrape against the bone). Felt fine on the day other than the arm. Flu-like symptoms the following day, and after that fine except it took about four days to get full range of movement back in my jabbed arm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I'm 43 and in Eastbourne... I got my notification that I am eligible for my jab, went to book it and apparently the nearest centre it is trying to sent me to is some 50 miles in Kent... (Im less than a couple of hundred metres away from a vaccination centre here), Not quite sure what to do there, just wait? I dont think I am likely to travel 50 miles on multiple trains to get one ....

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm 43 and in Eastbourne... I got my notification that I am eligible for my jab, went to book it and apparently the nearest centre it is trying to sent me to is some 50 miles in Kent... (Im less than a couple of hundred metres away from a vaccination centre here), Not quite sure what to do there, just wait? I dont think I am likely to travel 50 miles on multiple trains to get one ....

I'd wait. Had my second one on Wednesday. I live in Seaford and was sent to the Sovereign Centre in Eastbourne

D

Deleted member 22389

Had the Moderna last Friday, sore arm for 24 hrs and then nothing else
Wife had AZ 2 months ago, woke up at 2am feeling rough, took some paracetamol, went back to sleep and only had a sore arm for a few days
Other people have had nothing, others 2/3 days of feeling awful.

Not sure there is any rhyme or reason why some people are getting it worse than others. Yours sounds pretty reasonable.

Had the Moderna last Monday. Felt fine Tuesday, but Wednesday felt like crap. Yesterday and today I feel fine.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Had first dose of AZ last week and just felt mildly jet lagged the next day. Then day after felt right as rain. It's curious how so many different people react so differently to it.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Had my AZ three Hours ago. Slightly annoyed I feel fine now as I have to log back into work, and was enjoying lying on sofa watching snooker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here