Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outcasts

Nov 27, 2009
Filmed entirely in South Africa, and the BBC are looking at it being their answer to Lost. Of which there is a comparison I suppose.

Remember though doubters, how Lost was first dimissed after the first couple of episodes, due to it's complexity.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Filmed entirely in South Africa, and the BBC are looking at it being their answer to Lost. Of which there is a comparison I suppose.

Remember though doubters, how Lost was first dimissed after the first couple of episodes, due to it's complexity.

Does that mean they'll make 3 series too many then?

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Seen the first two and really like it so far, although it hasn't really got going yet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its not very DEEP is it? Easily switch-offable. Having watched the first two episodes I can't say I really care about any of the characters and suspect that's not going to change. There's no real sense of them being stranded a long way from Earth either, and the destruction of the rescue/supplies/whateveritwas ship in the first episode was just treated in a casual oh-well sort of way.

To sum up: its a bit rubbish really.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Hope it doesn't have the same ending as Lost!

I watched the first one - utter gash.
Sample dialogue... "Is there anything more pathetic than a jealous conquistador that nobody needs?"

This from The Times...
"Not since Bonekickers has the BBC broadcast such an irredeemably awful series."

It's deleted from my Sky+ planner

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
How can the BBC spend millions on a programme like this and still make it look cheap and tacky - compare this with the excellent 'Spooks' which looks so classy, it would have looked much better filmed in Arizona/Utah or a more hostile environment to give it 'edge' - forget the crap about it being the new Earth (just say they screwed up the co-ordinates and landed on the wrong planet which should also have some dangerous inhabitants - Mad Max 2 /animals) - as it is, just flat, boring tosh.:yawn:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Not in the same league as Spooks,which is my favourite programme,but nevertheless I am enjoying it.
Have to record it and watch it on my own as my wife can't be bothered with things like this!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
NO second series.......................so what was the point
thought it got a lot better as it went on

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
NO second series.......................so what was the point
thought it got a lot better as it went on

No second series? But it has ended in such an unsatisfactory fashion... it clearly was INTENDED to have a second series.

I quite enjoyed it.... but won't lose sleep if that is the end of it, I hope.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Funnily enough I have just logged on after watching the last one on catch up. Very ordinary IMO, and a missed opportunity.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
No second series? But it has ended in such an unsatisfactory fashion... it clearly was INTENDED to have a second series.

I quite enjoyed it.... but won't lose sleep if that is the end of it, I hope.
The problem with so many of these series, both here and in America, is that they're made by 3rd party companies and brought in by the broadcaster. The production company obviously wants to sell the broadcaster another series so they often make the season endings ambiguous and frankly unsatisfactory in an attempt to commission another set of episodes.

I see 'Being Human' is getting a fourth series. The first two were great, this last one wasn't so good and now the two best actors have left. The sound you can hear now is the dead horse being flogged.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I watched it and thought it got better as it went on.
Would have liked a second series,but there is no chance.Wanted to see who was in the transporter and what would have happened once they landed.
Thought Julius was suitably slimy and Fleur rather attractive.I like Hermione Norris in whatever she is in....esp. Roz in Spooks;she would have sorted Lucas out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here