Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our strikeforce is SHIT

Uncle Buck said:
But Robinson in particular does get into forward positions (ok he struggles with the offside rule).

McCammon has never been a goalscorer and at best he might hold the ball up. Like I said I am happy to be proved wrong, but I am confident he will not be the solution.

Perhaps. But one of our major weaknesses is our lack of physical strength and presence throughout the side, particularly in attack. Big Mac may not be the answer as he is not the best at using his size (ala Heskey) to his benefit, but we are crying out for a Virgo like unsettling force upfront and it has to be worth a go. Maybe he has just been unlucky up to now... :jester:

Seagull Harry

Nov 28, 2005
Haywards Heath
Thay certainly need to work harder but I question our defence as much.
Why is it when we scoe a goal that we seem to let one in a few minutes later ?
At this rate we will be in a new stadium in League Two.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
Imagine if we tried to buy LUMO now, he's probably cost about the same as Turienzo and has a decent scoring record in this country.

No idea why we let that one go.

The same reason im pretty sure we dint go after brooker, Mcghee doesnt like being turned down and his ego wont let him go in for the same player again.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Imagine if we tried to buy LUMO now, he's probably cost about the same as Turienzo and has a decent scoring record in this country.

Because we have a lardy jocko clown as manager :angry: :angry: :angry:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004

Nor I - I know he wanted a considerable sum, but I'm sure he'd have been a better bet (and better value) than Molango, McCammon and Turienzo together, who have failed to provide anything like the solution.

Last edited:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

We didn't let him go, he let himself go. He was all set to sign then didn't turn up and buggered off to Germany.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
KinkyGoebels said:
The same reason im pretty sure we dint go after brooker, Mcghee doesnt like being turned down and his ego wont let him go in for the same player again.

It would be the same with any manager

Repugnant Toad said:
Nor I - I know he wanted a considerable sum, but I'm sure he'd have been a better bet (and better value) than Molango, McCammon and Turienzo together, who have failed to provide anything like the solution.

Why are you sure? He got 4 goals for us, his partnership with leon was hardly prolific and, given his lack of pace and close control, would have been a target for exactly the same people who don't like McCammon. Course he's scoring goals for the Us, their team is on fire at the moment and scoring a mountain-full, they got 5 at the weekend although somehow Lumo failed to trouble the scorers:)

Uncle Buck said:
I still stand by the fact that he is pony.

Of course you do, now when have you ever changed your mind about a player? It doesn't happen.

The question you asked, if your remember, was wether he gets into scoring position for headed goals - and the FACTS are that he has played one and a half games for this season and has a headed goal!

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
i reckon that, given a chance, turienzo will come good

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
London Irish said:
Why are you sure? He got 4 goals for us, his partnership with leon was hardly prolific and, given his lack of pace and close control, would have been a target for exactly the same people who don't like McCammon. Course he's scoring goals for the Us, their team is on fire at the moment and scoring a mountain-full, they got 5 at the weekend although somehow Lumo failed to trouble the scorers:)

Yes your right he did score 4 for Brighton, however the team suffered as a whole to score once Coppell left - Leon was on fire before he left and he has struggled to score since then.
Mcghees tactics tended not to be free flowing football that saw goals.

KinkyGoebels said:
Yes your right he did score 4 for Brighton, however the team suffered as a whole to score once Coppell left - Leon was on fire before he left and he has struggled to score since then.
Mcghees tactics tended not to be free flowing football that saw goals.

McGhee's tactics got us up, not Coppell's. Stop being such an ingrate.

You and Uncle Buck often make the point that we deserve to be in our current league - I agree. So show some respect to the guy that got us here, eh? :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here