Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our strikeforce is SHIT

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think the problem is not the strikers but the service to them.

McGhee could also do with finding a pairing and sticking with them for a few games so they can develope a partnership.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Sneaky George said:
even McGhee's beginning to sound like he thinks we'll go down.

When was this then? :ohmy:

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Turienzo and McCammon are the answer as the quality of crosses from Carole and Frutos will be seized upon and converted more often, and yes i am being serious.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Richie Morris said:
I think the problem is not the strikers but the service to them.

Not this season...

This season its the fact that we have a lardy jocko (who was a half decent striker himself) not being able to coach our strikers about what to do i.e get the ball between those white things they call posts and underneath that thing that connects the two - a crossbar.

Last edited:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yorkie said:
He's refusing to play because he's still sulking that England beat Argentina and Charlie Oatway has been teasing him about it.

U r kidding aren't u.... I bloody hope so!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Father Jack said:
Turienzo and McCammon are the answer as the quality of crosses from Carole and Frutos will be seized upon and converted more often, and yes i am being serious.

What evidence do you have on Turienzo? He seems to have dissapeared and of the few times I have seen him in the reserves, well he has not looked brilliant, especially when it comes to first touch's.

McCammon, well I am happy to be proved wrong, but I seriously doubt that I will be.

I would just like to see someone tall with a bit of physical presence fighting in the box to get on the end of Carole/Fruty crosses. If it doesn't work, fine, but we have the personnel lets give them a go and find out if they're up to it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:
I would just like to see someone tall with a bit of physical presence fighting in the box to get on the end of Carole/Fruty crosses. If it doesn't work, fine, but we have the personnel lets give them a go and find out if they're up to it.

Certainly with McCammon, with the exception of that goal against Sunderland and the one against Derby he knew about, I struggle to remember him getting into the position to score from a cross.

Uncle Buck said:
Certainly with McCammon, with the exception of that goal against Sunderland and the one against Derby he knew about, I struggle to remember him getting into the position to score from a cross.

Whereas Jake, Leon and McPhee are doing that for fun? I think the service from the wings is so much better this season, and Big Mac was suppossedly never 100% match fit last term (not that he is now either I grant you) that it is worth another go.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Lokki 7 said:
Whereas Jake, Leon and McPhee are doing that for fun? I think the service from the wings is so much better this season, and Big Mac was suppossedly never 100% match fit last term (not that he is now either I grant you) that it is worth another go.

How can you not be fit after the amount of games he played ill never know.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Lokki 7 said:

But Robinson in particular does get into forward positions (ok he struggles with the offside rule).

McCammon has never been a goalscorer and at best he might hold the ball up. Like I said I am happy to be proved wrong, but I am confident he will not be the solution.

Uncle Buck said:

Shrewsbury this season?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Imagine if we tried to buy LUMO now, he's probably cost about the same as Turienzo and has a decent scoring record in this country.

No idea why we let that one go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here