Living In a Box
:yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

:wave: Mr T

Should have gone to MORRISONS - plenty of bargain buys there :jester:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Shit? Really? Is that a relative or absolute term? I don't think playing defenders and goons up front can really be compared with the raw talents of CKR and Jakey and the obvious natural ability of Kinight (who still comes in for ridiculous criticism for not winning crap 50/50 balls when the rest of the team are defending so deep the nearest to him is at least twenty yards away) in a sensible discussion but this is NSC so what the hell. We've scored more goals than this time last year and some good ones at that. Also we've been pretty unlucky with rattling the woodwork many times with some fine efforts. I seriously think that the detractors of our current strikers need a reality check.

1066gull

TURIENZO!

I so want to see him play with Knight. He is a strong Argie who likes to grab the ball from the air from behind.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
1066Seagull said:
TURIENZO!

I so want to see him play with Knight. He is a strong Argie who likes to grab the ball from the air from behind.

Why would Mcghee want to play him? not like he spent the most Brighton have spent on a player for years or anything.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
KinkyGoebels said:
Why would Mcghee want to play him? not like he spent the most Brighton have spent on a player for years or anything.

He's refusing to play because he's still sulking that England beat Argentina and Charlie Oatway has been teasing him about it.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
1066Seagull said:
TURIENZO!

Funny that, at Ringmer he hardly won a ball in the air and needs to work on his first touch. Once he has the ball under control he looks OK, but his first touch is truely shocking at present.

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hmmm a striker himself (Magoo) who cant coach ours. If you cant pass on what you know inside out it really is time to go now....

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
The thing is this Turienzo thing is getting beyond a joke.

Last season it was Molango, with everyone constantly querying where he was when we were crying out for strikers. We never got any straight answers from the club, just the occasional bleating that "he's not ready". 12 months later he's gone and aside from an opening day goalscoring debut, hasn't featured.

Well fair enough you think, perhaps we'll just put it down to experience. He obviously didn't make the grade, at least he's not cost us much.

And now we've got an almost identical situation unfolding, except this time the player in question hasn't started a single game, has no relevant background (at least Molango was once on the books of Atletico) AND cost us a hefty £150,000 - significantly more than we've spent on any one player for many many years.

If he's injured, fine. If he needs time to settle, fine. But I can't work out what the current situation is with him. Surely by now he should have at least come off the bench a few times. How is he going to "adjust to the English game" if he's not getting any action?

It just seems to me we've gone and gambled a lot of money on an untested player who we'll no doubt just have to write off as a loss.

AND YET. Mark McCammon got half a season worth of games. He came in far from match fitness but was thrown straight in at the deep end and turned in some piss-poor performances.

Why are players like McCammon given more than their fair share of chances when the likes of Molango and now Turienzo simply disappear without trace?

Will Turienzo start a game for the first team at all this season?

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Bluejuice said:
Why are players like McCammon given more than their fair share of chances when the likes of Molango and now Turienzo simply disappear without trace?

WE NEED MALONGO:angry:

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Bluejuice said:
The thing is this Turienzo thing is getting beyond a joke.

Last season it was Molango, with everyone constantly querying where he was when we were crying out for strikers. We never got any straight answers from the club, just the occasional bleating that "he's not ready". 12 months later he's gone and aside from an opening day goalscoring debut, hasn't featured.

Well fair enough you think, perhaps we'll just put it down to experience. He obviously didn't make the grade, at least he's not cost us much.

And now we've got an almost identical situation unfolding, except this time the player in question hasn't started a single game, has no relevant background (at least Molango was once on the books of Atletico) AND cost us a hefty £150,000 - significantly more than we've spent on any one player for many many years.

If he's injured, fine. If he needs time to settle, fine. But I can't work out what the current situation is with him. Surely by now he should have at least come off the bench a few times. How is he going to "adjust to the English game" if he's not getting any action?

It just seems to me we've gone and gambled a lot of money on an untested player who we'll no doubt just have to write off as a loss.

AND YET. Mark McCammon got half a season worth of games. He came in far from match fitness but was thrown straight in at the deep end and turned in some piss-poor performances.

Will Turienzo start a game for the first team at all this season?

Totally agree. Smacks of a panic buy when we would have done a lot better to bide our time and wait for either a quality loan signing ( £150k might have been better spent on Premiership loan wages ) or for someone like Jamie Cureton who's banging them in for Colchester. Yes, they're a League One side but he's a still a decent player and is better than what we've got right now.
Our best striker last year was a defender Adam Virgo - God how we've missed him.

We're moving into a critical period of the season now. Last year it was our Christmas form which ultimately kept us up - we need the same sort of run this time round. Can't help feeling pessimistic right now and even McGhee's beginning to sound like he thinks we'll go down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here