Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our rivalry(Palace that is!)

No!You're a weed supporting div!I may,however,have got you wrong SSS!My apologies if that was the case.

Hate Palace, think the rivalry will flourish again in a few years time, also have respect and pity for anyone who lives in the Croydon area that supports their local team.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
pompey more than palarse for me,always has,always will

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
Hate Palace, think the rivalry will flourish again in a few years time, also have respect and pity for anyone who lives in the Croydon area that supports their local team.
Then we are(sort of!)brethren SSS!I too hate you weeds but have a tiny bit of respect for you!I also pity anybody still living in and around SE25(I was born there,doncha know!).My post was all about MUTUAL respect!I am a local(SE25 boy)whilst you are all Sussex scum suckers!(only joshing,or am I?)I no longer live in the hood,but now reside amongst you lower forms of weed life in Worthing!

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I know that this rivalry has existed since the early '70's but how do you all feel about it?I for one,am starting to soften up(no puns needed!)towards you.And I'll tell you the main reason why.......You all seem to follow your local club(just like us),there are no glory hunters.don't get me wrong,there will always be that underlying current of hatred(it's just gotta be that way!),but the fact is we all support our local clubs!Eventhough we will always be superior to you in every way,we do have a common bond.A local club for local people!Please regale me with your thoughts!

Oh I think I'm going to cry! Go on f*ck off. :lolol:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Palace is rivalry not hatred

SNSA Your club has helped from the off with the REMF charity and the support is making a great difference for the clubs that REMF supports.

Would one day like to see both clubs back in the top flight:thumbsup:

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
Palace is rivalry not hatred

SNSA Your club has helped from the off with the REMF charity and the support is making a great difference for the clubs that REMF supports.

Would one day like to see both clubs back in the top flight:thumbsup:
What a great response!For the sake of football sanity,I'd love to see the same thing!Alas!I don't think it will ever happen.Shame!

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
Not confident of staying up for 2009/2010 then?
Couldn't be more confident if we tried Phil!(sorry for any grammatical errors so far!)It's looking good south of the Thames.How about you lot?Promotion under Mickey Mouse?Or yet more League One misery?

derek furlong

Mar 16, 2007
worthing
When you have witnessed the attrocities committed by both sets of fans on each other you realise there can be no other rivalry.
You will pay for the last such indiscretion at The Crescent two seasons ago....next season.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Hatred? No. I actually have more hatred for MK Dons and Leeds.

Rivalry? Yes, very much still there, and will never be surpassed.

Just my take on it, like.

id agree with that

Super Neils Sash Army

in a league above you.
Jun 5, 2008
When you have witnessed the attrocities committed by both sets of fans on each other you realise there can be no other rivalry.
You will pay for the last such indiscretion at The Crescent two seasons ago....next season.
That was down to your pissed up[ fans arriving early for the match so I understand furlong?Take a pasting did you?

Sausage

The wurst of the wurst.
Dec 8, 2007
The Sausage has wandered far and wide in the world. It is The Sausage's learning that in no society in any land is there a group more ugly and uncouth than those six fingered spanners from Croydon. God help us if they breed.

They should be stamped on like naughty cockroaches.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Don't forget a lot of Palace fans helped with the Falmer bid.

Actually a better example - imagine if a club was in danger of going out of business. Would you want Palace disappear? I wouldn't, we'd lose the rivalry, and lose the chance to beat them at Scumhurst again. MK Dons on the other hand, I wouldn't lift a finger to save.

OK, I'll give you that.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Working in London I work with a few Palace fans and it is noticeable that we spend more time chatting to each other than we do with fans of other clubs.
All good-natured although I know that they will be pissing themselves laughing when we lose to Mansfield in the cup and vice versa. Particularly with fans of my age ( late 40s) there is a shared understanding of what the rivalry is all about and we would all miss it if it wasn't there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here