Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our penalty taking is a FARCE

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
5 in the league this season. :wozza:

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I can't believe this shite with 5 penalties.......how many points is that wasted!!?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
It is the importance of them that is most concerning, a win at saints, beating FC united in the last minute and now this one at Hudds. Very, very frustrating.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Just seen a replay of the penalty! Muzza got knocked over far worse than that last season, and didn't win any penalties!! ???

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Shame Nobby Horton couldn't leave the commentary box to take the penalty....he didn't used to miss many!!!!
Grrrrrrr!!!!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
never used to get them ,now we do we can't convert them

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Bloody unbelievable amount we have had this year, says something about how well we are playing. Hopefully some of our targets in January know how to score them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
A) Murray has won pens today / Saints / Brizzle Rovers - is that our last 3 lg games? Alright he buys them a bit but fair play to him.

B) Why the hell do we keep going in the corners at a saveable height? Let's mix it up - put them HIGH. Put some down the middle. Sparrows pen in the Woking shoot out sowed this. I'd rather we missed that way then keep serving the keeper with almost a 50% chance of saving it...

C) I didnt see the pen today but didnt Muzza go to keepers RIGHT? Even I know the FCUM keeper said after saving Benno's that he'd been told all our takers bar 1 (I assume Wood vs Saints) go to the keepers right. Didn't the players hear this comment and think that the Hudds keeper may have been told the same thing?! Most annoying...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Woods v bristol also went to the keeper's left (high). Baz's went straight down the middle. That's one quarter of our pens that were not to the right. Of the six we've scored only two were not to the right (as far as I can recall). Of the two that went to the left, one was saved - 50%, which is identical to our overall penalty record.

Too much is being made of the FC keeper's comments, imo. It's not just left or right, it's high or low, it's how far left or right, it's how much pace they have on them. etc.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can't believe this shite with 5 penalties.......how many points is that wasted!!?
I dunno, it's a least four. I think some on NSC would blame the FA Cup. If we'd lost against FCUM Muzza would have scored the penalty as our league form would be better - I think that's how the argument goes.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Murray is a poor penalty taker and should not take them.

Sparrow's at Woking was good and Calde hits a good ball as well.

At Arsenal I seem to recall that the player fouled did not take the penalty.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
A) Murray has won pens today / Saints / Brizzle Rovers - is that our last 3 lg games? Alright he buys them a bit but fair play to him.

B) Why the hell do we keep going in the corners at a saveable height? Let's mix it up - put them HIGH. Put some down the middle. Sparrows pen in the Woking shoot out sowed this. I'd rather we missed that way then keep serving the keeper with almost a 50% chance of saving it...

C) I didnt see the pen today but didnt Muzza go to keepers RIGHT? Even I know the FCUM keeper said after saving Benno's that he'd been told all our takers bar 1 (I assume Wood vs Saints) go to the keepers right. Didn't the players hear this comment and think that the Hudds keeper may have been told the same thing?! Most annoying...

Point number 2, it seems the art of taking a decent corner has vanished, watch most teams, they have the same problem

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It must reflect the lack of confidence that comes from failing to score in open play, it is not a reflection of ability, just the state of mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here