Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our 'newcomers' today

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
balloonboy said:
Look, if there were a few hundred "newbies" yesterday, that's absolutely great - they saw a bl00dy decent game, great performance from the Albion, great atmosphere, and will have gone away determined to follow us more closely in the future. I overheard several conversations on the tube where obviously regular Brighton fans were taking non-supporting mates, who had to have a few things explained. But so what? The problem with Withdean is that it restricts access (in perception or reality) to "casual" fans. A number of these got to the game yesterday. In my view that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

What he said. :clap:

Because my ticket was going to go unused, my dad took his mate instead, who's a palace fan. Cant believe a f:censored: palace fan was sat in MY seat!! :nono:

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
essbee said:
I hope that our friends of family, friends etc
who got a ticket today will start to turn up on a
regular basis - as do the people who missed out on a
ticket yesterday.

What a load of shite. I see you are a NSC newbie. Maybe you should get the cold shoulder. Prick.

D

Deleted User X18H

The Great Cornholio said:
At the end of the day - these people got their applications in on time - as everyone else had the chance to do. If they showed more interest, initiative or whatever, you can't really complain. I checked the internet as often as I could, knowing it would be oversubscribed and more than likely first come first served. They must have done the same.

Perhaps you will be using Special Delivery next time?
I used special delivery its called living in Brighton and walking to the club shop.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Just to pick up on what someone else said, 99% of yesterdays tickets were sold to AMS people. For that they are either season tickets holders who ticked the box to join the AMS on their season ticket application form or they have shelled out £10 to join the AMS.

Seeing also as the club were not allowing people to join the AMS and then apply for Spurs tickets means that to say yesterday we were over-run with "newbies" is a tad silly.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Worthing BHA

Re: Re: Our 'newcomers' today

Silver flying chariot said:
I hope they all f*** off if they behave like the one's that were round me all game. Some bloke said why isn't Zamora playing!!! to which a reply came He must be injured!! Unbelievable.

Also 5 mins to go 2-1 and the boys were battling hard, a load of them in front of me all head for the exits.

Thanks for your part time support, bunch of wankers. See you at the next big game!!!:tosser: :tosser: ::angry: :angry:

Same as that. You could SEE the people who hadn't been since Cardiff/ever before. They were pissing around, talking shit and starting chants that nobody had ever heard before.

We made sure we weren't directly affected by these types close to us by making it quite clear what we thought of the day-trippers.

Last edited:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Our 'newcomers' today

Safeway said:
Same as that. You could SEE the people who hadn't been since Cardiff/ever before. They were pissing around, talking shit and starting chants that nobody had ever heard before.

We made sure we weren't directly affected by these types close to us by making it quite clear what we thought of the day-trippers.

I'm going to take this post two ways

Its either a pisstake (which is my guess) or you are being a plum again......."Starting chants that nobody had ever heard before" :ohmy: what bad fans they must be..........:shootself

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
balloonboy said:
Look, if there were a few hundred "newbies" yesterday, that's absolutely great - they saw a bl00dy decent game, great performance from the Albion, great atmosphere, and will have gone away determined to follow us more closely in the future. I overheard several conversations on the tube where obviously regular Brighton fans were taking non-supporting mates, who had to have a few things explained. But so what? The problem with Withdean is that it restricts access (in perception or reality) to "casual" fans. A number of these got to the game yesterday. In my view that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Exactly.

Though I did meet someone going to the game with Brighton fans who was a Cardiff City supporter...BUT I think he had got his ticket off someone who couldnt go at the last minute.

The more new Brighton fans the merrier.

When we have Falmer and it is half full for Crewe at home on a wet and cold Tuesday night we will be begging for more fans.

Its not their fault the ticket application system allowed them to get tickets.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
essbee said:
I hope that our friends of family, friends etc
who got a ticket today will start to turn up on a
regular basis - as do the people who missed out on a
ticket yesterday.

You need to learn the new NSC creed.

1 All STHs are old, miserable, whinging bar stewards.
2 91 other clubs are wrong about how they allocate tickets.
3 Always stand up in seating areas in newer grounds but moan about the facilities in lower division grounds.
4 Never whinge about anything except Dan Harding and stewards.
5 When it's a big game it's ok to take the mrs even if she can't stand football.
6 The really loyal Albion away fans are never STHs.
7 Singing worst support we've ever seen at every ground we visit is very witty.
8 It won't affect the Albion financially if 200/300 STHs don't renew because of the ticketing policy.
9 No need to put up with Withdean. Just take in the away games.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Re: Re: Our 'newcomers' today

mona said:
You need to learn the new NSC creed.

1 All STHs are old, miserable, whinging bar stewards.
2 91 other clubs are wrong about how they allocate tickets.
3 Always stand up in seating areas in newer grounds but moan about the facilities in lower division grounds.
4 Never whinge about anything except Dan Harding and stewards.
5 When it's a big game it's ok to take the mrs even if she can't stand football.
6 The really loyal Albion away fans are never STHs.
7 Singing worst support we've ever seen at every ground we visit is very witty.
8 It won't affect the Albion financially if 200/300 STHs don't renew because of the ticketing policy.
9 No need to put up with Withdean. Just take in the away games.

10.Some people are very bitter and twisted and forget the great job that our board have done and continue to do in even keepig the club going.
11. STH who didnt get tickets for Spurs like to ignore the fact that it was an AWAY game and thus deserved no priority over tickets.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Re: Re: Re: Our 'newcomers' today

Richie Morris said:
10.Some people are very bitter and twisted and forget the great job that our board have done and continue to do in even keepig the club going.
11. STH who didnt get tickets for Spurs like to ignore the fact that it was an AWAY game and thus deserved no priority over tickets.
As a STH who applied for Spurs tickets immediately and didn't get any, I'm not bitter or twisted. I went in the home end of the ground and enjoyed the game.
Of course you don't think that it matters if you lose a couple of hundred STHs who have helped bankroll the club over the last few seasons.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Yes I do.

BUT

The club are not going to lose them.

Whatever they say if they love the albion enough to get a season ticket in the first place then they will not let not getting one ticket stop them seeing their team every other week next season.

It would be cutting off their nose to spite their face and once everyone has calmed down in the summer Im sure no more then a few will even consider it.

If the club had done it a different way then NSC would be full of regular away members moaning just as much and these people will also play a major roll in filling a new ground.

7,000 plus people wanting tickes. 5,400 to go round. Always going to be some people who missed out.

And before you take me for a casual fan who got lucky at your expense, I just got a half season ticket and had only missed two home games before that, Rotherham and Coventry.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
six-yard-punisha,

I have been on and off this board since it began..
certainly I posted under sb in past years...since

so you are the fresher bud.

and moreover....who does that make a pr**k.

willi_jd

Dec 20, 2004
i applied for a ticket didnt get one, first thing i did was phone spurs ticket line.
There were about 20 of us in the upper east stand J block, if you were that desperate why didnt you do the same

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here