Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our 'newcomers' today

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Perhaps there were a few piss takers there yesterday to wind up the whingers. I did say very loudly just before the kick off to the bloke behind me who was still moaning about tickets "Excuse me mate, what colour are the Albion playing in?" and he went beetroot!

mitch

Oct 16, 2003
when does the white kit come out i quite liked it and i thought dean marney had left us for crawley?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mitch said:
when does the white kit come out i quite liked it and i thought dean marney had left us for crawley?

:lolol:

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I must admit - there were many faces I did'nt recognise today in the crowd, but I just hope the club look at the ticket arrangements for next season in respect of any big away games.

What the club need to do is to state clearly at the start of the season (on the website or in the programme) the exact policy for any big cup games or big league games so at least people will know in advance what the club intends to do. As a season ticket holder of 22 years I'm pleased I got one, but my neighbour who has been going for over 40 years missed out - and he took my application in on the same day as his (by hand !).

It was a fantastic day though and the players deserve all the plaudits they get for that performance. I for one thought we might get tonked, but I felt proud to have seen theat performance.

And the noise we made ! We completely outsung the home support.

Top performance lads.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
This has been done to death and I know with Falmer hopefully on the horizon the fan base needs to be expanded but there should have been a fairer system in place than 'fastest fingers first'.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Re: Re: Our 'newcomers' today

Silver flying chariot said:
essbee said:
I hope that our friends of family, friends etc
who got a ticket today will start to turn up on a
regular basis - as do the people who missed out on a
ticket yesterday.
[/QUOTE

I hope they all f*** off if they behave like the one's that were round me all game. Some bloke said why isn't Zamora playing!!! to which a reply came He must be injured!! Unbelievable.

Also 5 mins to go 2-1 and the boys were battling hard, a load of them in front of me all head for the exits.

Thanks for your part time support, bunch of wankers. See you at the next big game!!!:tosser: :tosser: ::angry: :angry:

:clap2:

At the end of the day - these people got their applications in on time - as everyone else had the chance to do. If they showed more interest, initiative or whatever, you can't really complain. I checked the internet as often as I could, knowing it would be oversubscribed and more than likely first come first served. They must have done the same.

Perhaps you will be using Special Delivery next time?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
southstandandy said:
What the club need to do is to state clearly at the start of the season (on the website or in the programme) the exact policy for any big cup games or big league games so at least people will know in advance what the club intends to do...

er, they do. Its first come first served. As it has been for years. there's no mystry or new revelation to this.

But the main issue here, do you really think there where that many non fans there? think about it, is a fair weather/big game fan going to realise the game was on, when the tickets went on sale and put their ticket in early enough? Just because some cant tell you the starting 11 today, doesnt mean they werent a season ticket holder 5, 10, 15 years ago. If your interested enough to have done the above, then your a fan in my book.

There's far to much "im a better fan" attitude surrounding this issue, and personally i find that iroinic when contrasted with "fans united".

Last edited:

beorhthelm said:
er, they do. Its first come first served. As it has been for years. there's no mystry or new revelation to this.

But the main issue here, do you really think there where that many non fans there? think about it, is a fair weather/big game fan going to realise the game was on, when the tickets went on sale and put their ticket in early enough? Just because some cant tell you the starting 11 today, doesnt mean they werent a season ticket holder 5, 10, 15 years ago. If your interested enough to have done the above, then your a fan in my book.

There's far to much "im a better fan" attitude surrounding this issue, and personally i find that iroinic when contrasted with "fans united".

What he said! :clap:

The atmosphere was great from where I was standing (South Stand, Lower Tier, Block 36) - so no complaints from me about who got tickets.

Just one thought ... IF it had been priority for season ticket holders, we'd have had fewer of the regular non-sth away supporters. Would that have meant less singing, less noise and less of the "great day out" experience?

Yesterday's atmosphere confirmed to me that first-come-first-served worked.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How can you compare, what was, with what might have been?

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
there are these people at college who have never seen brighton play before (apart from cardiff), support premiership clubs, one of them even "supports" palace! they don't have a clue about football and it really ticks me off that they get tickets ahead of loyal fans. How did they get spurs tickets?

I have been to seven away games this season, 6 homes, donated £20 to the alive and kicking fund, spent almost £150 in the shop, and this is on a students allowance . I was a season ticket holder in the first two withdean seasons, went to the priestfield and stood in the terraces at the goldstone as a lad.

I didn't get a spurs ticket, it weren't that I didn't apply on time. The club should get their priorities straight.

Last edited:

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
blueandwhitearmy said:

I didn't get a spurs ticket, it weren't that I didn't apply on time. The club should get their priorities straight.

It was first come first served. So 5400 people applied before you. This means you did not get it in on time.

blueandwhitearmy

Oct 29, 2004
Bevendean
I got it in as soon as I could. I suppose I will just have to be quicker next time. I genuinely thought that the priority would go to STHs and AMSs, anyway in the past now so no point dwelling on it eh?

:)

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
blueandwhitearmy said:
I got it in as soon as I could. I suppose I will just have to be quicker next time. I genuinely thought that the priority would go to STHs and AMSs, anyway in the past now so no point dwelling on it eh?

:)

You will need to dwell on it for a couple of months to take you up to the Rotherham game.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
e77 said:
You will need to dwell on it for a couple of months to take you up to the Rotherham game.

Then hope you get a ticket for that one, becuase it will be oversubscribed. Though at least if you do not get a ticket you can be fairly sure that it will have gone to a "real" fan since Rotherham is not on most glory hunters list of must go stadiums.

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Lord Bracknell said:
The atmosphere was great from where I was standing (South Stand, Lower Tier, Block 36) - so no complaints from me about who got tickets.

There's a surprise.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Wardywonderland said:
Then hope you get a ticket for that one, becuase it will be oversubscribed. Though at least if you do not get a ticket you can be fairly sure that it will have gone to a "real" fan since Rotherham is not on most glory hunters list of must go stadiums.

I imagine the club will just issue a closing date for applications then do a ballot, which if memory serves me correctly was the method used for Grimsby.

Hopefully it will be a nothing game as we will be safe by then anyway !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here