Silver flying chariot

Aug 5, 2003
essbee said:
I hope that our friends of family, friends etc
who got a ticket today will start to turn up on a
regular basis - as do the people who missed out on a
ticket yesterday.
[/QUOTE

I hope they all f*** off if they behave like the one's that were round me all game. Some bloke said why isn't Zamora playing!!! to which a reply came He must be injured!! Unbelievable.

Also 5 mins to go 2-1 and the boys were battling hard, a load of them in front of me all head for the exits.

Thanks for your part time support, bunch of wankers. See you at the next big game!!!:tosser: :tosser: ::angry: :angry:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
There were a lot of kids there today. They'll have seen a good performance from a Brighton side in a good stadium against good opposition. Hopefully in a couple of years time they'll be regulars at Falmer, because the season ticket holders at Withdean aren't gonna fill it alone.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Exactly,,,,,,and go back home, slip on their Arsenal, Man U and

chlesea tops and think nothing more of it.

I'd love to be proved wrong on this.......but I fear
I won't.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
shropshire,

my belief (right or wrong) is that there are a lot of
'sleeping' ams's...most of whic h were cardiff inspired.

.....I know nothing of the facts....so I can't really
comment with authority, but that is my guess.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
then again. they might mot have had to join the ams for
cardiff...I can't remember ....

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
essbee said:
then again. they might mot have had to join the ams for
cardiff...I can't remember ....

I'll remember for you then. I remember queuing at Withdean for four hours and purchasing a ticket for myself (a season ticket holder/AMS member) and one for my Dad, who definitely isn't in the AMS and consequently very seldom goes to matches these days (although I'm working on that).

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Would I have been classed as a 'newcomer' had I got a ticket, I wonder?

I've been in the AMS for ages, never used it though. Not an STH because I'm too far away.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
MYOB,

No - you would not be a 'newcomer' although I take
your point....being in Ireland is a problem for getting to
matches,.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
MYOB said:
Would I have been classed as a 'newcomer' had I got a ticket, I wonder?

I've been in the AMS for ages, never used it though. Not an STH because I'm too far away.

Without doubt you would be a big game charlie, not worthy to hold an umbrella over a season ticket holders head on a particularly wet day at Withdean.

Scum quite frankly, and quite unattractive scum at that.

;)

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Curious Orange said:
Without doubt you would be a big game charlie, not worthy to hold an umbrella over a season ticket holders head on a particularly wet day at Withdean.

Scum quite frankly, and quite unattractive scum at that.

;)

I'd go to Withdean if I could a: get a ticket and b: get their easily.

I've regularly attended games in worse stadia in worse weather - Finn Park in a snowstorm comes to mind. AND we (being Finn Harps in this case) got destroyed about 7-1 that match...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
MYOB said:
I've regularly attended games in worse stadia in worse weather - Finn Park in a snowstorm comes to mind. AND we (being Finn Harps in this case) got destroyed about 7-1 that match...

That sounds worse than when the Albion got dicked 1-5 at the Goldstone by Cardiff in what can only be described as torrential rain. I was in the West Stand that day, so was nice and dry. The North Stand crowded up to the back of the stand, the North West terrace cowered under the corner of the West Stand, the East Terrace stoically raised brollies, and the people on the garages went inside and had a cup of tea (probably). The worst game of football I've ever seen.

(I assume you realised my previous post was ironic. I welcome allcomers to the Albion)

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Curious Orange said:
That sounds worse than when the Albion got dicked 1-5 at the Goldstone by Cardiff in what can only be described as torrential rain. I was in the West Stand that day, so was nice and dry. The North Stand crowded up to the back of the stand, the North West terrace cowered under the corner of the West Stand, the East Terrace stoically raised brollies, and the people on the garages went inside and had a cup of tea (probably). The worst game of football I've ever seen.

(I assume you realised my previous post was ironic. I welcome allcomers to the Albion)

I did realise it was ironic

Ah well, at least I got in free to Finn Park - my dad played a few matches for them in his late teens, so he still gets free tickets. As it was, we found out after the game was over there was empty seats in the directors box, and as an ex-player, he'd have got in. :angry:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
I just don' get it? If you are complaining about the system for alloting tickets then fair play. But complaining about people who used the system provided? They applied and received tickets. They used the system as it is laid out. Not their fault if it is a broken system.

Re: Re: Our 'newcomers' today

Silver flying chariot said:
I hope they all f*** off if they behave like the one's that were round me all game. Some bloke said why isn't Zamora playing!!! to which a reply came He must be injured!! Unbelievable.

Also 5 mins to go 2-1 and the boys were battling hard, a load of them in front of me all head for the exits.

Thanks for your part time support, bunch of wankers. See you at the next big game!!!:tosser: :tosser: ::angry: :angry:

One bloke near me shouted out "GREAT HEADER CULLIP......*slight pause*.......IT'S MY FIRST GAME"

The satire got an appreciative laugh from many in Block 43 :clap: :D

Last edited:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
Look, if there were a few hundred "newbies" yesterday, that's absolutely great - they saw a bl00dy decent game, great performance from the Albion, great atmosphere, and will have gone away determined to follow us more closely in the future. I overheard several conversations on the tube where obviously regular Brighton fans were taking non-supporting mates, who had to have a few things explained. But so what? The problem with Withdean is that it restricts access (in perception or reality) to "casual" fans. A number of these got to the game yesterday. In my view that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here