Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our Irish lads playing tonight

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Well, it's football Jim, but not as I know it.

Poor, poor quality.

Even McCarthy sounds like he'd rather talk about something else.

May I suggest the Sci Fi channel?

Duffy looked like he'd been beamed up for their goal. Maybe he was celebrating something the other night?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Duffy lost his man behind him ballwatching, didn't read the pass. Dead ropey this.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Connolly been by far the best irish player for me. Duffy looks a bit shaky. Also, looking at the irish players who play for prem rivals, not overly impressed to be honest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Connolly has been decent - great to see.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Commentator on AC - "Lots of promise but no reward yet"

Welcome to our world. He has been a real livewire tonight, but without anything really coming off.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Mccarthy: "being offside is a real bugbear for me".

I'd suggest the problem was being shit, Mick.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not a dissimilar chance angle-wise to the one he tucked away so well at Burnley. He proper spaffed this one up though unfortunately.

I appreciate inconsistency is all part of the development when you're playing youngsters, but we can't really afford another 6-7 month goal drought from what is (currently) one of our 2 strikers at the club. Hopefully this is all in hand and come the end of the window we won't be overly reliant just on NP and AC. There's talent there, but he's still very raw.

I've seen better strikers than Connolly miss worse than that.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I've seen better strikers than Connolly miss worse than that.

As have we all.

I'm not trying to get on the guys back, as kids are always (rightly) afforded leverage. But goals pay the rent, as someone once said, and we can ill afford to carry him this season if he spends 6-7 months muffing chances or not getting in the positions again. The hope is that last season has now set him on that learning curve whereby we'll get more of a goal return this season coming. If he gets near to 10 and Maupay does similarly again then happy days. If not...we may have trouble.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Duffy is going to become an absolute legend up there.

Just hope the strip clubs can cope.

Legend !!!!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Our group chat has a mix of supporters and about 5 mins before someone said you’d think Shane Duffy was a goal machine the way Mick McCarthy is going on about him, then up he pops

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here