Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ouch!

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
Wenger is totally justified in what he says.

Many times have I heard people say that the only way to stop Arsenal is to kick them....well this is what happens....it was an accident waiting to happen.

There is no place in football for that kind of mentality and even though Taylor MAY have not meant it he is clearly not good enough to play against players of Eduardo's ability....he should not be allowed to play again.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wenger is totally justified in what he says.

Many times have I heard people say that the only way to stop Arsenal is to kick them....well this is what happens....it was an accident waiting to happen.

There is no place in football for that kind of mentality and even though Taylor MAY have not meant it he is clearly not good enough to play against players of Eduardo's ability....he should not be allowed to play again.

You're having a laugh, surely?

Fabregas broke a Sheff Utd players leg (Montgomery?) in his first season. Does that mean he should never play again? :glare:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think Wenger is wrong as this is just a very unlucky accident and I cannot for one minute believe Taylor meant to do what he did intentionally.

When the game is this quick and physical these accidents will happen.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
just found these on the arsenal forums... was well high...

untitled.jpg

oh and this, just imaging looking at your foot in this state..
33ml99h.jpg

Poor, poor guy. He was adapting to the English game brilliantly. David Buust never played again after his injury, Eduardo will be out for an awfully long time now, surely over a year.

Quite honestly, I cannot imagine him ever playing football ever again - and might struggle to walk properly again too.

It looks as though his ankle (also broken, apparently) was basically severed from the lower leg. I'd imagine more than a little ligament damage went along with that, perhaps nerve damage, and several blood vessels.

Sad to see any player leave the game like that, but I sincerely think that's the result for Eduardo Da Silva.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Very very sad to see.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Taylor is not a dirty player, he has no previous, I think Wenger is a bit out of order but having said that I hope Arsenal go on to win the title for Eduardo.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I dont think he meant it after seeing this video... It looks like he just meant to take him down and his leg was too high

(it'll probably be taken down in a while)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjA-p5zCPJ0

Err...dosnt that mean he meant it??.I think he steamed in with his leg high.
Eduardo seemed a nice player and one of the few Arsenal players who didnt whinge.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Taylor is not a dirty player, he has no previous, I think Wenger is a bit out of order but having said that I hope Arsenal go on to win the title for Eduardo.

True, but in the heat of the moment when your player has been injured like that, over reactions are sometimes understandable

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How come Wenger only sees fouls on HIS players?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Quite honestly, I cannot imagine him ever playing football ever again - and might struggle to walk properly again too.

It looks as though his ankle (also broken, apparently) was basically severed from the lower leg. I'd imagine more than a little ligament damage went along with that, perhaps nerve damage, and several blood vessels.

Sad to see any player leave the game like that, but I sincerely think that's the result for Eduardo Da Silva.
I'm not so sure, the Alan Smith leg break for Manchester United a couple of years ago was very similar, he broke his ankle too and had bone sticking out of his sock and looked like his foot was hanging on by a thread. He's ok now and as good (by which I mean bad) as he ever was. Cisse for Liverpool and France as well suffered two horrific leg breaks. It's not often in this day and age that a player has to retire because of this sort of injury. I hope Eduardo will be fine.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Very nasty injury & I feel sorry for the player but Wengers comments after were well out of order and he should be made to appologise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here