Currie - Luton
Richards-Ipswich
Westlake-Leeds
Racon-Charlton
Huckerby-Free Agent
They all would do

Currie past it
Huckerby going to join a team in the USA

I would agree with Kuffor, Westlake and Richards. Sign those 3 and we have a team to push for promotion. I think Racon is a bit of an unknown quantity so Adams will go for players with experiance to add to the young squad we have

Kuipers
Whing Lynch Elphick Richards
Cox Thomson Westlake
Kuffor Murray Forster

Bench
Robinson, Hawkins, El-Abd, Sullivan, Fraser, Gargan, Loft.

If that was the squad we need 2 or 3 more players for cover at the back and midfield especially if El-Abd does not sign a new contract.

What about resigning Virgo?

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
on the subject of kuffour, looks like a good player, especially for a side down the bottom. Read in the star this morning that both huddersfield and bristol rovers are interested and will bid around £100,000 for him. surely we could afford that after the murray fee, and we must be a better choice for him than the other two, he could stay along south coast and wouldnt need to move far.
personally would much rather see us spend out cash on him or gillespie than getting currie on a free.
what do we do in a years time signing currie? we have to search again.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Kuffour and Gillespie are both strikers, not wingers.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
would be better back up for Rorster and Murray than Gatting and Dixon would be.
Also will Forster last the pace playing all 46 games? Me thinks at that age he made need resting at some stages
They would, but I'm not sure how realistic it is to expect us to pay out fairly significant fees for backup players. Also didn't Kuffour turn us down last summer because Bournemouth offered more money? Maybe they will surprise us like they did with Murray but I would expect what transfer funds we have to be concentrated on areas where we need new first choice players, left back, left wing, central midfield, rather than on a third striker. I don't know if the Ibehre rumours were true and if they were whether it was Wilkins who wanted him, but that is the kind of signing I'd expect up front.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Also will Forster last the pace playing all 46 games? Me thinks at that age he made need resting at some stages[/QUOTE]

good point, but in response to other post im sure kuffour has been playing on the wing for a few games

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
A player I think we should be tallking to his Danny Granville, an experienced left back available on a free.
as he was with micky last season at colchester im sure if he thinks he is upto it he would have a good chance in bringing him in

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
would be better back up for Rorster and Murray than Gatting and Dixon would be.
Also will Forster last the pace playing all 46 games? Me thinks at that age he made need resting at some stages

While Kuffour and Gillespie would be good signings, I would be looking at a striker with a bigger physical presence. There are a few about as Akinfenwa, Ibhere, Byfield and Showunmi all fit that bill for starters. While I think that Murray and Forster are a great partnership, we need someone to come on and make an impact if they are struggling.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Kuffour is a Leicester player (he was on loan at Bournemouth), so I would guess Leicester will want to use him in this league next season, so he is probably out.

Kuffour joined Bournemouth from Brentford on a free.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Id say we need a bit more experience

Dont you just wish sometimes you can tell the manager who you would like to sign ?
well i say we need at least 4 or 5 new signings

In
Richards
Kuffour
Dont forget Stuart fleetwood maybe ?
Westlake
Virgo ?:albion2:

Out
El Abd
Fraser
Gatting

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports