Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT - Why do some drivers still not wear a seat belt ?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Some good points here, however wearing a seatbelt is just sensible looking after your own well being. I have to say I am surprised that people don't just wear their seatbelts as a matter of course, it really is not uncomfortable and will potentially save your life. Of course, if you are too lazy to wear one then that is up to you but rather selfish to take an unnecessary risk with your own life

How can it be selfish, to take a risk with your OWN life?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Is it still true that taxi drivers dont have to wear one?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Yes I have been on many, many buses, they move slowly and are stop start, seldom do they exceed 20 MPH and they would be a lot slower with seat belts and I can guarantee somebody like you would never use one then. Oh yes and I have been on buses in the Philippines and in fact have travelled in many Jeepneys where the seating is not as buses anywhere else as you should know. The fact that countries like India have such bad driving conditions makes no difference to how we drive here. Eating 'Toxic Food' is a personal choice and not dangerous in the short term unless it's cyanide. Oh and popping out for petrol did you know that 75% of accidents happen within four miles of home ?

Rather than insulting anybody YOU are insulting my intelligence and I might well question yours.

They often go much faster than 20MPH. Many coaches still do not have them. Taxi drivers do not have to wear them by law, when they are working.

To be honest, I don't know why anyone has the right to question whether someone else wears a seatbelt - THERE ARE SO MANY MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES. BP's disgusting oil spill. Shell's uncanny tendancy to smash people's houses and huts in undeveloped countries to pieces, and destroying their natural resources so they can get their slimy, grotty, greedy poisoned hands on some oil, to sell to us at ridiculous prices.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is it still true that taxi drivers dont have to wear one?

I think you may be right but in fact that only applies to 'Black Cabs' but Public School Boy will enlighten us I'm sure. Anyway Black Cabs don't tend to get the chance to go very fast anyway due to the nature of their use.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
Because one has a family, I assume.

That would be the only point.

The NHS point though, I don't go along with. Rather than worrying about NHS costs, what about the Government charging ridiculous taxes all over the shot for no real reason.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
I think you may be right but in fact that only applies to 'Black Cabs' but Public School Boy will enlighten us I'm sure. Anyway Black Cabs don't tend to get the chance to go very fast anyway due to the nature of their use.

Nope, all cabbies don't have to have one on.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Hackney Carriage drivers are exempt.
I don't wear one when working around town, but on longer jobs (eg Gatwick) I normally do.

Private Hire drivers are only exempt when carrying paying passengers.
When driving TO a pick up, they still have to wear one.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
They often go much faster than 20MPH. Many coaches still do not have them. Taxi drivers do not have to wear them by law, when they are working.

To be honest, I don't know why anyone has the right to question whether someone else wears a seatbelt - THERE ARE SO MANY MORE IMPORTANT ISSUES. BP's disgusting oil spill. Shell's uncanny tendancy to smash people's houses and huts in undeveloped countries to pieces, and destroying their natural resources so they can get their slimy, grotty, greedy poisoned hands on some oil, to sell to us at ridiculous prices.

Well, first and foremost IT'S THE LAW. Secondly it's plain common sense. Frankly the rest of your post is utterly irrelevant, takes a fair stretch to get from wearing seat belts to BP, I have a feeling you are the proverbial Bleeding Heart Liberal.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

What in GOD's NAME are you DRIBBLING on about? Why should it matter if people don't take a sensible safety precaution, when meanwhile there are unethical companies in the world? What the f***, kind of an argument is that?

Its like saying, what does it matter if people use machinery, without safety goggles, when there is a repressive regime in Indonesia. Weird.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That would be the only point.

The NHS point though, I don't go along with. Rather than worrying about NHS costs, what about the Government charging ridiculous taxes all over the shot for no real reason.

This thread just gets sillier ! Seat belts to taxation, where the connection there :wozza:

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
What in GOD's NAME are you DRIBBLING on about? Why should it matter if people don't take a sensible safety precaution, when meanwhile there are unethical companies in the world? What the f***, kind of an argument is that?

Its like saying, what does it matter if people use machinery, without safety goggles, when there is a repressive regime in Indonesia. Weird.

Chill out love.

Actually, just thought I'd spurt some of that out as I'd just been reading up about it, made me rather irate :lolol:

I just don't know why someone has the right to question it. If they don't want to wear one, they may get in trouble for it, or they may harm themselves. So what? No one will really change their minds.

It's also come to my attention in the last few weeks that people get so wrapped up in things that aren't that important. I wear a seatbelt at all times, and I'm not suggesting it's not important to wear one. Anyway, I've decided to do 3 weeks volunteer work in the Summer to try and help things that are actually important.

:wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
That is a pretty rubbish idea

Why ? By law you must wear a seat belt and you are not allowed to use a mobile either. Unless you're in the habit of making phone calls whilst parked (which would make you very environmentally uncool) I can't see the problem.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
This thread just gets sillier ! Seat belts to taxation, where the connection there :wozza:

:lolol: There was never intended to be a link or connection :lolol: Just trying to say that it really isn't that important, people make decisions for right or wrong all the time :lolol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
My now 9 year old niece wrote a letter to gordon brown about putting seatbelts on buses (some sort of school project). She was so excited when she got a reply earlier this year. Not sure what his reply was though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
:lolol: There was never intended to be a link or connection :lolol: Just trying to say that it really isn't that important, people make decisions for right or wrong all the time :lolol:

This thread wasn't intended to get too serious but some of the replies beggar belief :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here